My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights upon returning from a 7 night NCL Alaskan cruise on the last leg of our trip. Previously we had been in Vancouver (west end) and then Whistler before heading to Alaska and making the Hampton Inn and suites our last stop back in Vancouver before heading home.
The hotel is solid and I would suggest more aimed at business traffic rather than a romantic or family break. It is located downtown beside the BC stadium. Not the best area but not the worst as it was closeby (walking distance) to the main shopping district and also the trendier and more upscale Yaletown with its bars/restaurants
Our room was perfectly adequate, Service at front desk was professional and friendly. The hot tub on the roof was a nice bonus. Ultimately it served a purpose for what we needed it to be but its not the type of place you are going to be blown away by or hanker for a return visit.
If you are travelling as a couple and want to feel like a local then stay at the West End instead, up by Coal Harbour or even better, Stanley Park. The Times Square Suites (where we 1st stayed) were awesome. Self contained appartment, free local gym usage, neighbourhood bars and eatieries closeby, stroll to Coal harbour or cycle to Stanley Park in minutes. This is where our heart is in Vancouver and where we would stay upon returning. We wish we had booked this place both times but you live and learn.
Don't get me wrong, there was nothing particularly wrong with the Hampton Inn and suites and thus if your preference is to be situated in this area of Vancouver and if you want a no frills, no fuss, solid central hotel then this is a decent option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton is conveniently located on Robson Street near Yaletown, Rogers Arena and the newly renovated BC Place. Complimentary amenities include breakfast, wifi, bottled water, downtown shuttle service and loaner bicycles. Whether it's a hotel room with a microwave and refrigerator or a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, we offer a variety of comfortable beds for your stay in Vancouver. A member of the Hilton Family of Hotels, the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton offers both the corporate and the leisure traveler award-winning accommodation at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Hampton Inn And Suites Downtown Vancouver
- Hampton Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Hampton Inn