Location: This hotel is very well situated in downtown Vancouver. It's walking distance to major Skytrain stations (Stadium Chinatown) which we use quite a bit and Yaletown. It's also walking distance to the downtown area and shopping centers like Pacific Center. The downtown area is quite busy and noisy. The Hampton Inn is located away from all that which is quite a bit quieter but still is walking distance to it.
Rooms: Beware, there is construction (hi rise building) right next to the Hampton Inn. However, the construction doesn't start till about 8 or 9 am which is when we wake up anyways. Since they're building out the foundation at the moment, noise is quite manageable and not a problem at all. However, once they start building the floors, the noise profile could be quite different...just beware of it when you book. I suspect, they will be building floors in about 3 months time.
Facilities: The hotel is quite modern and nice. There's a SPA (small pool and sauna) on the top floor with panoramic view of city. It's a stunning view. There's also a ping pong table and fooze ball game up there and very nice exercise equipment. We pent a good chunk of time up there with our 2 young boys playing games and watching the olympics. The pool could use more frequent cleaning. The laundry facilities is quite convenient which we used once.
Breakfast: The breakfast is quite adequate with the standard fare that you would find at any hotels with breakfast included. It could get mundane after about a week or so. They should change the fare a bit more often.
Things to do with young kids:
By the way, all of these places below are accessible either by Skytrain or bus. We didn't bother to rent a car on this trip and it was absolutely the right decision. Get the daily pass on the Skytrain which allow you to use all buses and the seabus as well. It's very convenient and you don't need to mess with having the correct change.
1) Science center...walking distance from hotel along the bay...very nice
2) Stanley Park acquarium
3) Lonsdale Quay north vancouver...check out the market
4) Night Market in Richmond....if you like asian food, don't miss it
5) Metro Town mall...it's unbelievable how big it is. The food court is awesome
6) Restaurants on Robson St..too many to name but Banana Leaf is excellent Malaysian food place
7) Capilano Suspension Bridge. It's a bit pricey but worth the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton is conveniently located on Robson Street near Yaletown, Rogers Arena and the newly renovated BC Place. Complimentary amenities include breakfast, wifi, bottled water, downtown shuttle service and loaner bicycles. Whether it's a hotel room with a microwave and refrigerator or a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, we offer a variety of comfortable beds for your stay in Vancouver. A member of the Hilton Family of Hotels, the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton offers both the corporate and the leisure traveler award-winning accommodation at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Hampton Inn And Suites Downtown Vancouver
- Hampton Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Hampton Inn