Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
US$229
Sandman Hotels
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$320
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$246
Agoda.com
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$279
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Sands(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$209
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$248
Fairmont Waterfront(Vancouver)
US$560
US$530
Fairmont.com
US$485
2,038 results
All reviewsbc placedowntown vancouverping ponggreat locationtop floorthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastfree shuttlerogers arenarobson streethot tubbreakfast staffyogurtexercise roomfront desk staffking suitewithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The room was clean an well appointed. We had a suite with a king bed and a queen pull out couch on the 12th floor. Stayed Marthon weekend, four of us women in the room. It was great to have the full sized fridge as well as the two rooms. The beds were comfortable and clean.

There was a very friendly seagull that came up to our sill looking for food. Cute and funny!

The front desk staff, however were totally incompetant. They were helping someone when we got there, he left, but instead of helping us, they went back to other work. He also left his credit card at the desk. I pointed it out, and they didn't hear me. Mid-sentace (of mine) a few moments later, the woman I was talking to, noticed the card sitting there on the counter and ran after the guy, without indicating to me where she was going or why.

Although most of the people in the hotel were there for the race, the desk staff had no idea that it was going on. When I asked for directions to packet pick up at Canada Place, they tried to direct me to the Canada Line sky-train.

We asked for and extra blanket around 10pm, it was never delivered.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SeattleReebs
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night in between two cruises we were taking which ended and then started in Vancouver.

We arrived at the hotel at about 1030am. Way before check in time. Our room was not available yet but they offered to store our luggage for us so we could go and sightsee.

As for service I have to say Walter is the nicest most helpful person I have ever met. My husband requested his assistance for something he needed and Walter helped. But it didn't stop there. Walter asked us questions to get an idea of how we knew the area and what our plans were. He gave us tons of recommendations of things to do and places to eat. He went out of his way to make sure we knew about umbrellas available, the shuttle, food, and all sorts of other things. The next morning we ran into him again and he made sure our stay was excellent. I'm not sure what his true job description is because he didn't work the front desk but this guy needs a promotion!

The hotel offers free local shuttle service. Most people use it to get to the cruise ship terminal but when it isn't busy you can use it to go anywhere. Even Stanley park. We used it to get to the cruise terminal in the morning. The driver was very friendly and the shuttle was clean. If you can't get the shuttle until after 11 ask for a later check out time. They let us keep our room until 12.

The rooms here are large and clean. Breakfast in the morning is standard food for these hotels. There is an exercise room available but I did not see it.

The hotel is walking distance to everything you need in downtown Vancouver. I highly recommend for a pleasant stay in the city!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flyawayCA
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great experience, only a short 2 block walk to the SkyTrain Canada Line. Super close to all amenities, lobby staff is very helpful. Quiet, safe, and clean hotel. Great roof top patio area. Would absolutely stay again next time we're in town. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very nice week long stay for business. Staff friendly, helpful, but not intrusive.

Thought the location was good for strolling around this side of downtown. Easy walk 2 blocks to/from Stadium/Chinatown Skytrain station (while I probably wouldn't have wanted to walk this in the dark with a ton of bags, felt fairly safe in the day/dusk walking with luggage - one of the blocks is fairly busy while the other is "quiet"/not as populated). Free shuttle available for downtown drop off only (you find your own ride back). While this was handy one day, you may need to call right at 7am to see when it will be available. I found it easier to just walk over to the train station. Can buy FareSaver passes (at least for now, there is a transition to a new system "coming soon") at various stores (ie, 7-11, some newstands, etc) for reduced fare train rides. there is a 7-11 just one block from the Hampton (NOT the same direction as the train station though), but I found it easier to buy at the airport 7-11 before arriving at the hotel).
Grocery store IGA, I think, a few blocks away up Robson. Another easy walk, maybe 4-5 blocks or so. Fridge and microwave in my room (I think in all).

Across street from stadium. Nice view facing stadium to see different colors lights lighting stadium at night. I would think any room 8th floor and above on the east side would have a good view. Terrace on 16th floor for everyone to view. Laundry room 16th floor has terrace where you can wait if you like, too. No significant noise when I was there.

Elevator was a minor downside, but it was tolerable. Have to have your room key ready to swipe for every ride - including the one AFTER you use the on-screen or by-phone checkout, so don't leave your key in your room as the express checkout instructions say. On the other hand, it is secure!

The booklet in room said there was a place to put recyclables, but I never found it. Ice machine on select floors.

Room very clean. Even an umbrella provided (this means it rains a lot here!). Plenty of outlets. Bedding very comfy.

Breakfast fairly standard Hampton fare. An adequate array of hot and cold choices. Fruit available in lobby and even the fitness room. Breakfast staff always working hard to keep items replenished. Hand sanitizer available (a nice touch, many places don't have).

Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank VacaBird
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Overall a great stay. Helpful staff and great service.

Pros:
-Free Breakfast
-Free Wifi
-Very helpful staff that came out to meet us as we drove up to help with bags.
-Great location (right next to the Stadium)
-New hotel restaurant , Bogart's, is excellent.

Cons:
-Lots of construction was going on with the roads nearby with the road next to the hotel (Robson St.) closed during the day. So at first it is a little confusing getting to the entrance which is actually off the street.
-The free breakfast is in a mezzanine area that is not accessible by elevator. My mom who has trouble walking up and downstairs had to walk up to get the free breakfast area. Not a major issue.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family