We have booked a twin bed room with breakfast for 4 nights at the Hampton Inn in Vancouver. It is located directly opposite the BC Place (Football Stadium) at the end of the Robson Avenue. This means about a 20 minute walk to the heart of the shopping area.
We have got a room on the 7th floor that was really spacious with two queen size beds a sitting area and enough space for the luggage. Aircondition was available and could be regulated individually. There was even a control for humidity which I found quite unusual but helpful. Besides the fridge (offered a considerable amount of space) and a little area with coffee maker and kettle the room has been basic and clean. The carpet floor is a little bit outdated but with the daily cleaning it is ok. A downside was the really slow elevator which obviously follows its own logic and it may happen that you wait for 5 minutes to get your ride up or down. Also the daily logins to the complementary WiFi are a little bit annoying but worked fine.
The only downside and that’s where I was really shocked as a European guest has been the breakfast. The area was way’s too small, only one way dishes/cups and cutlery have been available and you had to be lucky to get a seat. Though the staff has been helpful if and tried as good a they could to keep up with anything in the area, but due to the amount of people it was rather a mess. The offer on the buffet covered the whole range from cereals and yogurt over toasts, bagels and muffins to cooked stuff.
All together a solid hotel that is centrally located and offers solid quality. Compared to the alternatives I would say the price is fair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton is conveniently located on Robson Street near Yaletown, Rogers Arena and the newly renovated BC Place. Complimentary amenities include breakfast, wifi, bottled water, downtown shuttle service and loaner bicycles. Whether it's a hotel room with a microwave and refrigerator or a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, we offer a variety of comfortable beds for your stay in Vancouver. A member of the Hilton Family of Hotels, the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton offers both the corporate and the leisure traveler award-winning accommodation at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Downtown Vancouver
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Hampton Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Hampton Inn