To get to the hotel, we took the Airport train all the way and got off at China town and then walked the remaining distance - I believe you can travel to the Rogers Arena which might be a little closer but we couldn’t see the stop on the map. While we were excited to make our first stop in Canada, the distance was a little far and on reflection the hotel was quite a walk from most of the entertainment. The hotel is about 10mins away from Granville area and right across the road from BC Place and the Rogers Arena - an excellent choice if you plan on seeing an event.
We booked a double queen which was quite spacious and included a large bathroom and separate wardrobe (?) containing a kitchenette. This was a nice touch although we only used the fridge and ate out most of the time. The view from our room (9th floor) was awesome and you could see right into the BC Place stadium which is currently having some work done to add a retractable roof. We stayed over a weekend and the noise from the workmen was only noticeable on the Monday Morning. Being at the end of Beatty Street it was quite out of the distance but it meant that street noise was at a bare minimum and we always got a good night’s sleep. Free wireless internet in the room is a bonus although a given in a hotel of this type and assisted in our planning for the day ahead.
Maid Service didn’t arrive too early in the morning which is a positive for the night owls and each morning they provide complimentary papers and bottles of water in addition to new towels. It is satisfying to receive double-towels for that night time shower given that most hotels are now restricting their linen arrangement.
The decor was welcoming (although I wasn’t that bothered) and the beds were super comfortable - exactly what I needed after many days of walking the city. When turning the A/C off I couldn't help but notice an odour in the room. I can't remember if I had specifically asked for a non-smoking room but there was definitely that type of smell in the air.
Breakfast was the usual buffet arrangement with scrambled eggs and waffles provided most mornings in addition to a meat item and the common cereal and juice/tea. I don't remember seeing a set restaurant in the building as we ate out each night.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would certainly consider it again when I visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton is conveniently located on Robson Street near Yaletown, Rogers Arena and the newly renovated BC Place. Complimentary amenities include breakfast, wifi, bottled water, downtown shuttle service and loaner bicycles. Whether it's a hotel room with a microwave and refrigerator or a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, we offer a variety of comfortable beds for your stay in Vancouver. A member of the Hilton Family of Hotels, the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton offers both the corporate and the leisure traveler award-winning accommodation at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Hampton Inn And Suites Downtown Vancouver
- Hampton Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Hampton Inn