Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel. It had a great location, and we were able to walk pretty much anywhere in Vancouver (Granville Island, Robson shopping, Chinatown). The hotel was close to downtown, but the immediate neighborhood was quiet, which I liked.
The staff was friendly, and the hotel had some extra touches which made it stand apart from a typical Hampton Inn. I liked that they provided an umbrella and bottled water in the room every day. I also liked the availability of the free shuttle.
Breakfast was pretty typical, but I was turned off that it was only offered until 10 am. This may be a Hampton-wide rule though, because I experienced the same thing in NYC. I like that Hampton offers the breakfast-to-go option; this came in handy on our last day.
The hotel was expensive, but the prices were comparable to other hotels in Vancouver. Not much you can do about that.
I also liked the use of the 16th floor as a gym and balcony. I've experienced hotels where the gym is in a stale windowless room, this was bright and airy. The coin laundry was up there too, with a terrace so you can at least get some air.
I found the temperature in the room difficult to control. If I was warm and lowered the temperature, in a few minutes I would be freezing, and vice versa. This was my only real complaint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton is conveniently located on Robson Street near Yaletown, Rogers Arena and the newly renovated BC Place. Complimentary amenities include breakfast, wifi, bottled water, downtown shuttle service and loaner bicycles. Whether it's a hotel room with a microwave and refrigerator or a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, we offer a variety of comfortable beds for your stay in Vancouver. A member of the Hilton Family of Hotels, the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton offers both the corporate and the leisure traveler award-winning accommodation at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Hampton Inn And Suites Downtown Vancouver
- Hampton Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Hampton Inn