“Nice, Average Lodging”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #57 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 11 October 2007

Stayed at this hotel as part of a rail vacation package. Not exactly fancy but the rooms were clean and the staff helpful.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver Downtown

Reviewed 23 September 2007

Nice hotel right at downtown. Stayed there for 2 nights to attend a wedding. Paid about $179 per night. Didn't use any facilities. If is not for the wedding, would probably opt for other locations not in downtown since we rented a car anyways. (to save a few dollars)

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NayKat
Reviewed 2 September 2007

The holiday inn in downtown vancouver is my favourite hotel to stay in downtown vancouver. It has many facilities included in it including a pool, fitness centre, and restaurant. My first stay I got an executive room on the 6th floor with king size bed, sofa and tv. My second stay I got a room with a murphy bed, kitchenette and bathroom with shower only. The view from the room wsa great as it was a corner room with floor to ceiliing windows. The staff at this hotel are excellent and I will be staying here again in a few weeks.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank peter84
Reviewed 31 August 2007

We opted for this hotel for its location to Stanley Park and Gas Town. I was shocked when I went to make a call and it stated on the phone that local calls were .95. I have never been charged for local calls before. "Anything to pick my pocket" fee!! I guess the $179.00 we paid per night isn't enough to cover these types of costs. Anyhow, the hotel is alright, but I'm not sure I would stay here again though. There is not enough available parking, so if you get a stall, keep it and use a cab. We dined one night in the hotel restaurant. We each had a drink, both had a dinner and we shared a dessert. Our bill was $72.00, and we both left hungry!!! Went upstairs and ate potato chips. The portions are very small, My steak was small and I had an ice cream scoop of potatoes, and about 5 sprigs of aspharagus. That's it!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank I_Love_Grumpy
Reviewed 30 August 2007

very central to all in Vancouver Hotel clean & tidy, city tour bus stops outside.
worth going to capilano can be done on the public transport, local ferry than bus.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2007

Stayed here on two separate nights with a gap in the middle for our trip to the beautiful Victoria.

Both nights were Priority Club reward nights (i.e. free) and, unusually for such redemptions, we were given a suite. For us Europeans this suite was on the large side (see pics) with all the amenities you could wish for, less a minibar (which I found quite strange).

The hotel itself seemed very busy and the first night of our stay we ate a bar snack (we arrived quite late). The waiter was very accomodating if a little rushed off his feet, poor chap!

We found the pool but weren't staying at this hotel so we could swim. The hotel was within reasonable walking distance of main downtown (around 15 minutes), plus around 5-10 minutes away from the trendy Gastown restaurants.

The service was excellent and we would consider staying here again, although I have the feeling there is probably somewhere better for the money.

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank JayPDee
Reviewed 8 August 2007

My partner and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Vancouver June 29 and 30 leading off the Canada Day weekend. It was a spur of the moment trip from our home in Tacoma, WA; we booked only 3 nights in advance, and it was Canada's national day... so we weren't surprised to pay CDN$159 per night. We were surprised, however, that for $159 our room had only a murphy bed, the kind that folds into a wall. Of course, the hotel was full and there were no other rooms.

To the hotel's credit, the room did have a kitchenette, but we didn't need that so we used the kitchen space to store our suitcases and the barstools that had to be moved there in order to open the bed.

Shower was very small and difficult to maneuver in and juggle soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. Bathroom was very clean.

Our end of the hotel was clean and quiet, although it is a bit confusing to navigate. There are multiple elevator banks that stop on slightly different levels - sometimes between levels so you still have to walk up or down short flights of stairs to get to/from rooms.

Great open terrace on the second floor to socialize, smoke, and people watch. There were families playing card games. Hikers resting tired feet. Couples. Young and old. A great mix. Great location close to Granville Island, Robson Street, and Davie Street. No shortage of restaurants, bars, and entertainment in walking distance. And for us, the biggest plus was a Starbucks on the opposite corner.

The garage is convenient, under the building. A tight squeeze for a mid-size pickup.

My main advice: make sure you know what type of room you are reserving before you confirm. If I had known we'd be in a murphy bed, I would have considered paying $30 or $40 more at another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple