“Good location for new visitors.”

910 Beach Avenue Apartment Hotel
Lethbridge
“Good location for new visitors.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights before leaving on an Alaskan cruise. We grew up in Vancouver and wanted to visit some of our old haunts. The location is quite central if you want to explore the downtown. The False Creek Ferries to Granville Island and other points in False Creek is only a 5 minute walk south. Walking to restaurants and bars is somewhat more challenging. Davie Street is about a 15-20 minute walk north, but uphill. Yaletown is a 15 minute walk east best done on the waterfront - off the busy streets. Walking west along the seawall gets you to English Bay in 20 minutes or so with lots of shops and eateries.

Underground parking is available for a daily fee and is internet. I don't mind that in this sort of tight location.

Our room was on the 4th floor facing south. With no air conditioning, it got quite hot in the day but we spent most or our out and about. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean, kitchen area very functional. We actually used the oven one night bake some prepared Italian food we picked up in Yaletown at the Urban Fair (a trendy grocery store) about a 20-25 minute walk away. There are 2 small convenience stores kitty corner to the east and west sides of the building, but they are quite limited. Not an opulently appointed room but pretty good for this price range in downtown Vancouver.

There was always a person at the front counter who was helpful in answering questions. Breakfast is included in a small room on the ground floor (pastries, toast, coffee, juice, fruit) - enough to get you going.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Greek first
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed in the penthouse one bedroom and although many things were fine, many were not. We agree and mentioned to the front desk that they really need to get rid of the tacky, bent blinds and replace them with black out drapes. Our unit faced south west so it was very warm in there. The Eco Air cooler in the bedroom helped however, black out drapes would have also improved the situation not to mention make for better sleeping, We also stayed in the Executive one bedroom for one night and the bed there was advertised as a Queen size but a very small Queen. We had a King bed in the Penthouse one bedroom and we believe that is either the only room or one of very few that have a King bed. The towels were thin and the appliances old. The carpets in both units were fine, it had recently been painted and the furniture was fine as well however, having to pay for WiFi as well as the other issues would result in us not going back. We stay in Vancouver often and have stayed in another apartment hotel up the street which is superior. It is located two blocks from the beach, the sea wall and the Aqua Bus to Granville Island. It was sold out or we would have stayed there. 910 Beach has potential however it is our opinion that management has dropped the ball in enough areas that could potentially cause people not to return. Location may over ride that however, there is competition out there.

Room Tip: Best to have a room with a King bed and a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brenda B
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The junior suite is a perfect home away from home. The full kitchen, living room and balcony makes a comfortable spot to hang out in when not exploring Vancouver. You don't need a car as you can walk downtown in 10 minutes or take a ferry ride across to Granville Island.
The unit was clean. It included a small washer and dryer as well as a storage space for luggage and shoes.
There are severL fabulous restaurants 5 minutes away on the sea wall overlooking falsecreek.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sun Peaks BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I, along with our dog, stayed here for 4 days. Although the staff were friendly and the location was great for forays to Granville Island or Davie St, the unit itself left something to be desired. We would have liked a larger unit on a higher floor, but because we had a pet we were told we had to stay on the 2nd floor and that only the junior 1 BR's were pet-friendly rooms. The 2nd floor receives all the noise from the sidewalk below, and the streetlights shine directly into the windows all night...perhaps if there were blackout drapes instead of cheap, falling apart blinds the latter problem could be solved.
We found the furniture (bed and sofa) to be old and worn, and were glad we had brought our own bedding (something we regularly do). Even the dishes and appliances in this particular unit had seen better days. Not sure if the "pet-free" units are in better shape. I asked if we could see another unit in case we returned a second time, and the lady at the desk told me "there is no point in that, as all the pet-friendly units are the same".
We did not know that there was a light continental breakfast served, so this was a pleasant surprise. But unless the units are upgraded, I would not return. And I agree with previous posters about the foolish charges for internet.

Room Tip: go well above the 2nd floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank greenmountaingirl2
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff are friendly and helpful, but this is not a hotel stay. Park your own car, carry your own luggage, etc. For what it is, a mid-range apartment hotel, it is very good. Not too expensive, clean, nicely equipped, great location. The reception clerk remembered us from our stay a couple years ago - remembered actually quite a lot about us - impressive. I think this kind of place should include WIFI, but they do not. Parking is also an add-on which they don't mention when you book. It is cheaper parking than other downtown locations, but still, it should be mentioned as part of the price. The bed, advertised as queen, seemed like only a double. The towels are small and thin - I would rather they left 2 per person. It would also be nice if there were an extra blanket in the closet as I was cold the first night. An in-room safe would also be a bonus. The breakfast is basic, but good enough to get you started. Thirty steps out the door and you are already on the sea walk, or at the water taxi to Granville Island. And that makes the rest seem just fine.

Room Tip: There is no air conditioning which doesn't bother us, especially in May, but on a hot summer day...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Vancouver is my second home. My wife died about 15 months ago and while she was alive we stayed at 910 Beach a couple times a year for about 12 or 13 years. The location is perfect. The suites are clean, quiet and comfortable. I have known much of the staff for many years and they always looked after my late wife and I to the fullest. My first trip alone since my wife died was to return to Vancouver and to our special place at 910 Beach Avenue to the welcoming arms of the wonderful staff there. I workout at the Vancouver Aquatic Centre while there and I run to and around Stanley Park almost every day. The water taxi to Granville Island is only 100 meters away and I walk everywhere from 910 Beach Avenue. They have a little breakfast bar that opens at about 6:30 am and there's free coffee, juice, pastries and fruit every morning which I have before I go to the gym or for a long run. My condo suite is always clean and the fact that there's a washer/dryer in each unit is a plus due to all my workout/running clothes. Within a half hour walk in any direction you can shop or eat until you drop. My wife loved staying there and I do as well even though she is gone. I will return several times a year without hesitation as it all works very well for me. Even though there is no AC I have always been comfortable. We used to rent either the one bedroom then we started renting the executive one bedroom unit for the little extra space. Now that I go alone the junior suite works very well for me as is very comfortable and has a nice view of False Creek and Granville Island (some obstruction but that's fine). Ethel, Adel, Jason and Jacqueline and the other staff look after me very well so I am always in the best of hands when I arrive from Ottawa. Enjoy!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed 4 nights in a nice kitchen suite w/ laundry. Older furnishings w/ double bed and small tv left us wanting but overall, it was excellent value for a clean, secure and centrally-located hotel @ $100/night. Underground parking extra @$15/day and Wi-fi $5/day or $20/week

Room Tip: Rooms on False Creek side with water view cost more - dubious value in my opinion
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple