“NO REAL COMPLAINTS”

Days Inn Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #69 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We spent one night in the Days Inn on Pender Street. We expected a larger room for the price but it is what it is. In terms of comfort and cleanliness we had no complaints. The bathroom was very nice, very clean with nice towels and toiletries. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, allowing an early check-in and pleasantly giving directions when asked. The big advantage is the central location. We easily walked from the SkyTrain station to the hotel and also walked to Canada Place, toting our carry-on luggage.

1  Thank Mikeat215
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay overall. Unfortunately, our rates are more reflective of Vancouver as a tourist destination rather than the size of our rooms. However, we have a number of room types in the hotel and we are always happy to find one that suits the needs of our guests. Please don't hesitate to let a member of our friendly staff know what you're looking for on future stays and we will do our best to accommodate you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed 9 October 2011

We recently stayed at Days Inn on West Pender St, Vancouver on two occasions. This hotel is almost 100 years old, but it is obvious that every effort has been taken to make this hotel as comfortable as possible, given its age. The rooms are reasonably well appointed, the beds are comfortable. The staff at Days were fantastic. The Chelsea restaurant downstairs was superb. The two folk managing the restaurant were unbelievable. The quality of the food was excellent. The location of Days is ideal for people who want easy access to Gastown, Cruise Terminal and downtown Vancouver. A shuttle is available, for client convenience, within the central area of Vancouver, but does not go across the bridge to Granville Island for example, but that's fine. We would certainly stay there again. Thank you to all the staff at Days who made our visit so pleasurable.

Room Tip: Enjoy the great breakfasts and lunches downstairs at Chelsea Restaurant.
3  Thank Bernard M

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. I am glad that our location made your visit to Vancouver a pleasant and convenient experience. We certainly have a location that is hard to beat for tourists that is close to all of Vancouver's main attractions. I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto our restaurant and staff. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2011

I come up to Vancouver often from Seattle and the hotel charges around $33 for parking per night!! I rented a car for $12 a day through Priceline, I can't justify how parking can be more expensive than my rental?? They only offer valet service and parking is off site. I found a cheaper lot near Richards and Pender...Easypark I believe... for $15 a night, it's even less on weekends...it's only a 10 minute safe walk back to the hotel. If you do your research before you come here, you can find some alternative parking. I'd much rather save an extra $17 per day so I can use that money for lunch, dinner etc...I stayed at the Ramada up the street and they only charged me $15 for parking plus taxes...I was quite disappointed....I can justify the Hyatt or Fairmont charging $33+ for parking, but not for a budget friendly chain.

Other than that, the staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, and free wii-fii! Not much in terms of ammenities, just a basic place to stay if you need to sleep. I found the location to be prime, it's a short 5 minute walk to the convention centre, and only 10 minutes to Robson Street and Pacific Center.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JustBeingHonest85

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that our parking rates were an unexpected surprise. Being in a city like Vancouver, parking is unfortunately at a premium and rates in general are high. It is important to note that our parking fees aren't simply for parking alone but also a valet service which allows our guest's the convenience to arrive and depart from right in front of the hotel while our professional valets worry about the parking. We often offer special packages online which include parking in the hotel room rate. I encourage you to check our website for future special offers prior to booking. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

We recently (Sept 2011) stayed at the Days Inn in downtown Vancouver. We had a very positive experience. The room was clean, they let us check in early at no additional charge also. We came off a cruise ship and were able to walk to the hotel, it was that close to the pier, luggage and all. The desk staff were friendly, and polite and the room was clean. If you need to stay in the downtown port area this is a good choice.

3  Thank mikeandmickey

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be an ideal choice for your cruise vacation. Our location is hard to beat for convenience as we are within walking distance to the cruise terminal and for those who don't wish to walk, we also offer a complimentary shuttle service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel has a great location - a short walk to Vancouver's waterfront, the center of most tourist activity. But the hotel shows its age. The single, crowded elevator is inadequate to the demand, especially since guest arrive in bunches as they come and go from cruise ships. Our electronic keys were very difficult to use, both for access to the elevator and to enter our room. Our original room, #605, was tiny and, if the bathroom door was left open, the bed faced the toilet bowl. We objected politely and were rewarded with a suite at no extra charge. This was a huge change for the better, allowing us and our friends to convene comfortabley for a cocktail before heading out to dinner.
Overall, the place is bland, the furniture often chipped or stained, and the rooms and halls lack any visual attraction. Oddly, there were two tvs in our suite, one in each room, but the only phone was in the second room. The downstairs restaurant was just ok for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We believe we offer unbeatable value in the heart of downtown Vancouver. While our hotel is not for everyone, we do offer clean rooms, friendly service, and a great location at a price that is hard to beat. Some of our rooms are indeed small. However, we do have enough variety of guest rooms that we can typically find a room to suit everyone's needs. Our front desk staff are fully trained and empowered to deal with all guest concerns promptly and courteously. We are always doing our best to keep our hotel up to date. Recently, we introduced white sheeting with beautiful bed scarves which add a modern element to our rooms. I am sorry if the decor in our rooms was not to your personal taste. We do everything that we can to ensure every guest stay is comfortable. I do hope that you will consider us again. If I can be of any personal assistance to you or address any further issues, do please contact me at ish@daysinnvancouver.com

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Because of some grumpy reviews I was a bit worried because this hotel was cheaper than many nearby; but I stayed just under a week, used the valet parking, and was totally happy with my room and the service. It is in a beautiful location, I walked around late at night and felt that it was safe. The rooms are a bit small, but I found them perfectly functional, not the just-remodeled glitz you would see in fancier hotels, but no problems with noise or cleanliness, as some reviews claimed. My friends were in the Westin paying $50 for wireless when I got it for free!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank nani s

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. Although some of our rooms may be small, we have a lot to offer including a convenient location, safe environment, friendly staff along with comfortable rooms and many complimentary amenities. We pride ourselves on the value that we offer in the heart of downtown Vancouver which is very hard for our competitors to beat. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Our family of 10 stayed at this hotel pre-cruise in July 2011. The rooms were very small the doors did not close properly. The air conditioners did not fully cool off the rooms. You could hear seagulls perched outside in the mornings.This was originally an old hotel poorly renovated. Don't think it measures up to current Days Inn Standards. Restaurant downstairs for breakfast was ok. Had a long wait for elevator. Shuttle was good to take us down to cruise terminal.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. Although we do have small rooms in the hotel which may not be suitable for all, we do have alternatives that offer much more space and we are happy to upgrade you to those rooms if requested. Being a downtown hotel and near to the waterfront, we are unable to control the seagulls and I am sorry that they disturbed you in the morning. I am unsure what you mean by the doors not closing properly. However, I would be willing to look into this further if you can supply me with additional information. We take all guests' concerns very seriously and do everything that we can to rectify them to ensure every guest stay is satisfying. Please know that your satisfaction is important to us and we will do everything to ensure that future stays with us are enjoyable. If you wish to discuss your recent stay further, please contact me at ish@daysinnvancouver.com