“Nice hotel/reasonable price my home away.”

Days Inn Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #68 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
A TripAdvisor Member
SMITHERS
Reviewed 27 November 2012

There are many things I like about the hotel which is why it is always my choice when in Vancouver.....4 blocks from the LRT and airport, central located, clean and most times quiet.
However I was there two nights Fri and Sat on the third floor, the elevator was down and out, I needed a good night sleep for a important all day course and meeting I paid a lot of money to attend. I got little sleep until 3 am thanks to young party animals across the hall from my room 313.....lucky 313 !!! Was not impressed at all.....this is the first time for this kind of thing in your hotel, hopefully the last.....it will be the last for me if ever it happens again.....last year and the year before I brought manager ISH and the hotel additional guests/business numerous times!!! LRT schedule on Sunday`s was not something staff was aware of....I had aearly flight, wake up call for 5 am went down to the skytrain entrance it was gated....walked back in the dark to hotel, they said it would open ate 5:45, walked back downthere waited and waited never opened, walked back to the hotle they said it should be open, try Waterfront main entrance....walked down there it was closed.....someone told me then the Skytrain does not open on Sunday`s until 7:00 AM....took a taxi and almost missed my flight....staff should now Sunsay Skytrain hours.....I have no problem taking a taxi if required....however I did not know, I am not from Vancouver !!! She was vey nice looking up and reconfirming my flight departure time, just a little weak on Skytrain hours causing me much trouble and early morning stress!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear Valued Guest.
Thank you for your recent stay with us and bringing this to our attention, and please accept my sincere apologizies for the unpleasant stay you had with us.
It is always our attention and service that all our guests have a pleasant stay with us, and also have a good night sleep to begin there day well rested.
I would also like to apologize for the desk clerk not knowing the Sky Train schedule, and that is not acceptable while working at the desk.Please be asure that this kind of service will not happen again to future guests, and once again my apologizes.
I really appreciate all the business that you have given to us, and would love to hear from you.Please do call me at the hotel number.
Once again please accept my sincere apologizes, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 25 November 2012

1  Thank NinianAmherst

Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed at the Days Inn Vancouver overnight before a cruise (Norwegian Line). The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of the Canada Place port (but not Ballantyne Pier which is 15 minutes drive), stores, restaurants, etc. We took the Canada Line train from the airport to a station which was within three blocks of the hotel, an easy walk with wheeled luggage.

The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. The room itself was small but comfortable (King-size bed), reasonably clean, had a mini fridge with two free bottles of water, a safe for locking valuables and free WiiFii that worked well. Since the bathroom does not have an exhaust fan the room smelt a little musty.

The hotel advertises that it has a free shuttle to the port for cruises and this was one of the reasons we booked it. Upon check-in I indicated that I wanted to book the shuttle for the following morning to go to the port and was advised that I could not do this until the next day. Apparently there are only two shuttles serving a number of hotels and we had some difficulties the next day getting a reasonable time. We agreed to an earlier time only to be refused entry to the port for our Cruise line (Ballantyne Pier) because it was too early. The shuttle returned us to the hotel since we had no where else to go. This was not the fault of the hotel but they were good enough to provide alternative arrangements (taxi) to get us to the port.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindBri

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you, for chossing us for your overnight stay, before going on the cruise on the Norwegian Line.
We are very pleased that you found our location, with waking distance to the Canada Place, the shopping district, restaurants and the easy walk to Canada Line.
Our shuttle services is provided to all our guests, and as we share this service with all our sister properties it is very hard to book in advance, so that is why we advise our guests to book this service on the day of the departure, and we sincerely apologize for this inconvience.
Thank you, again and we really appreciate your review about our hotel, and we hope you will give us another apportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

2  Thank Christine J
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I arrived quite late and was happy to be greeted, at the reception, with my name. After a simple checking in procedure I made my way up to my room. The room was just what I needed after a long flight. Clean and comfortable. The temperture in the room was good to, not too hot or cold. The next morning I went down stairs for breakfast. This too was nice. A happy waitress served me my coffee and toast. I do feel bad that I was not able to stay in Vancouver longer but the ship was the reason for my being there. Thank you to all staff who helped to greet, clean, cook and serve me while I was there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ANGELA I
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us,and we are very pleased that you found our accommodation very clean and comfortable.
I am also very pleased that you found all the staff were pleasant and friendly.
Thank you very much for a positive review about our hotel, and we hope to serve you again in the near future.
Thank you, and have a great day.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Reviewed 11 November 2012