“great deal”

Ranked #64 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver
“great deal”
Reviewed 7 April 2010

I have stayed at many up scale hotels in vancouver, but had a tighter budget this trip. I was very surprised at how inexpensive this hotel was. It has an awesome location, close to almost everything the downtown core has to offer. And for the price it was surprisingly nice. With tax we paid $105 canadian. We have 2 small kids and the stardard room had the beds in 2 seperate living areas with a wall between, which was really great, as normally we have to pay for a suite to get this. There is no view and the hallway smells a bit, but otherwise it was clean and seems recently renovated. The beds were quite comfortable. If you want to stay in downtown vancouver and don't want to fork out hundreds of dollars, definetly stay here. I will be back.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
conciergeVancouver, Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, 11 April 2010
Thank you very much for your time in creating a review for our hotel! It is much appreciated. We are glad that your family enjoyed your stay while staying in the city. We try our our best to make sure all our guests are satisfied and we are so glad that you will be back. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Penticton
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Wow... we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was extremely helpful & accomadting . The restaraunt was good & beds were second to none. Rooms were small but well appointed. Cozy and comfortable . The shower was wonderful. Best of all, location, location, location !!!
You can walk everywhere from here & if you don't want to, take the complementary shuttle. No need to worry they have it covered here. If you like history this is the place. I would stay here again any day :}

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank turtlepics
DaysInnDwntwn, Ish Awan, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, 12 April 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Days Inn Vancouver Downtown! We are extremely happy that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Thanks again and we hope to serve you again in the near future!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2010

I have a hard time sleeping in hotels and motels and i was very pleasantly surprised about this hotel. After reading some of the negative reviews I was a little hesitant to stay there for 3 nights (the length of my trip). When we got there it was at 1am, the front desk was a little rude. After we checked in, we went to the elevator (very small) got off the 7th floor which reeked. The bed was comfortable, the room was very clean and the smell eventually went away. The only thing is be careful when you turn on the hot water! It get really hot. It's very centrally located where everything is just a short walk away. You can take the Canada line from the airport to Waterfront, get out and walk like 3 blocks and you're at the hotel. Very easy to find. I really did enjoy this hotel and hope you will share the same positive experience as i had.

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Miche03
Dear Miche03,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very pleased that you found our hotel to be quite pleasant.

I must apologize for the reception that you received when you checked in; it is our intention to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations.

The reviews are very helpful tools for us to improve our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comment and issues will be addressed.

Thank you again for your kind words about our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Colorado
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I had never been to Vancouver and didn't know what to expect. I looked at so many reviews for hotels and area's to stay. Finally thanks to my Windom rewards I chose this hotel to use my free night stay because it was within walking distance of Canada Place.
We arrived the day before sailing out on Holland America.
This hotel was only a few blocks from Canada Place and also offered a shuttle to the dock., expect about a 20 min wait for the shuttle to get there. It also offered shuttle service to Stanley Park (which arrived quickly) and Gas Town (it also included other places but those were the ones we were interested in).
We took a limo from the airport which had a set rate of $40 for 4 people to the hotel where a taxi would have been much more because the meter is always running. The Limo driver also pointed out places of interest along the way.
Once we checked in we took the elevator to our room, the elevator is a bit small but the bellman was right behind us with our luggage. The room was set up as two rooms with double beds in each section. This was nice traveling with a teenager who needs his space.
The front desk was also helpful in suggesting places to eat and see.
We accidently missed a trail in Stanley park to go see lions gate bridge and walked all the way around the park it felt like 7 miles. The hotel was within walking distance of the park and then we walked to gastown from the hotel for dinner.
In the morning they held out luggage until we were ready to head to the dock to go on the ship.
The staff was very friendly and helpful even knowing that we were staying there for free. I did not see on site parking, but didn't have to worry about that. It offers free internet. It does not offer continental breakfast but there is a restaurant on site. It sits between lots of bigger buildings but I would stay here again and also recommend it even at a paying price.
I had read other reviews of this being near a bad area of town and I did not experince anything of that nature especially walking back from Gastown at night.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank iwk2travel
Dear guest from Colorado!

Thank you for taking the time to write the review about our hotel! We are very happy that you found our facility close to all the things you wanted to do.

Thank you again and we hope to accommodate you again in the near future.
san francisco
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I stayed at this location 3 days and it was to much.I have travelled to over 60 countries in 10 years.The room I was assigned to was tiny and dark with a beautiful view ( a wall !!!!), and we had bugs next time I would sleep in the street!!!! And the Valet but Clyde or Clive whatever wasn't very helpful he didn't help me with my luggage, he was hidding in his spot and having fun with his laptop that's nice. I had to carry all my luggage by myself.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Dear Wayne93,

I must sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. It is our goal to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that we have taken your review very seriously, and have made changes with the Valet, and he is no longer working with us.

If you have any questions, concerns, or wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604.681.4335 x 761. I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and it is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Hertfordshire UK
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Second time here.Good location.Valet parking.
Nice rooms .Lift is small and slow is the only complaint.
Pub downstairs thats nice.
20 minute walk to everywhere.
15 to Gastown.
Would recommend and stay again.

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
WA
Reviewed 16 October 2009

We had a good stay at the Days Inn Vancouver with my husband and his younger brother. Upon check-in we were pleasantly surprised by the spacious, well-kept (if dark) rooms. Everything was entirely adequate, aside from a surprise valet parking charge on arrival. However, upon check-out we asked if we could leave our rental vehicle in the spot the valet attendant parked it in (outside the front door) while we had a quick breakfast before leaving Vancouver. The receptionist agreed and we left for 45 minutes. Upon returning, the car had been towed! Fortunately the impound lot was not too far away and the hotel agreed to pay some of the cost (but not all, because we had technically assumed responsibility for the car when we were given back our keys). Bottom line: I recommend the hotel, but be careful where you/the valet parks your car!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family