“It was ok.”

Days Inn Vancouver Metro
Ranked #74 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This started off as being a disaster. We arrived very late, and were given room 108. WOW what a stench. It was so bad I refused to stay in it. It was a mixture of an entire bottle of Pine Sol spilled on the carpet, and mildew. Made me want to vomit the minute we arrived. We were told we could switch rooms in the morning. I did not accept that, and asked if they could sleep in there with that smell. Yes, I brought the hotel staff to the room. I was told I could not switch til the morning. I then said I wanted my money back, and would sleep in the car. Suddenly we were given a different room.
It was a very small room, but didn't reak. Good thing we were not there for more then 2 nights. As for the area...a little shady.

Room Tip: just ok, not great
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

I take full responsibility for this guest's inconvenience. This room had been out of order and I tried to rent it before it was fixed. Being the new manager, trying to impress ownership, I learned a good lesson in the this situation. I am glad that my Front Desk Supervisor still had a room that we were able to move these guests to.

My apologies, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Our recent stay at the Days Inn Metro Vancouver was quite pleasant. The hotel is located at the major intersection of Victoria and Kingsway in the middle of the city approx. a 10 min drive from downtown. It is centrally located in the city and therefore conveniently located for assess to many different areas around of the city. The rooms were clean and even had a with a refrigerator in each room. The rooms surround a small courtyard which is quite pretty. They offer free parking, wii fii and a continental breakfast. There is a McDonalds right next door and many small restaurants and cafes within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of the Days Inn Vancouver Metro. I am glad our hotel and our location suited you so well. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Not only did the room (specially the washroom) smell horrible, but the service was the worst we had in our one week stay in Vancouver. The breaksfast consisted in a tiny crowded room with some tables and chairs and a mediocre selection of food and drinks. For the price, I would tolerate the bad breakfast, but the overall condition of the hotel was hard to ignore.
Just as we thought the experience had come to an end, we tried to check out only to find out that we were being charged a completly different rate than the one agreed upon. When i realized this and go back to the front desk I get handed a business card with a toll free number on it, being told I should call if I wanted a refund (the person that just overcharged me apparently cant refund me).

• Stayed: August 2011
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

My apologies to this guest, we obviously did not meet up to their standards. I usually receive very good comments about our level of service. We of course do not have a restaurant at the hotel, we serve a complimentary continental breakfast daily. There are two other breakfast options for our guests, McDonalds is next door and there is also a very nice restaurant across the street that serves a full breakfast. We did make an error on their room charge that was promptly refunded after I was able to find out how the error occurred. If there are ever any issues with your room I ask our guests to inform the Front Desk and we will try to fix the situation as quickly as possible.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Only about 7km from center and is one of the nicest Days Inn we have stayed in. Rooms are refurbished, beds are clean and has a lovely courtyard garden. Free breakfast is decent and price of room is reasonable. Only negative was that it is not suitable for disabled access and many staircases makes it hard to lug large suitcases around.

Room Tip: Request back rooms
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. When reading reviews and guest comment cards about our hotel I find many of guests find our location and free parking meet their needs very well. Once you have checked in and have been given your room key there are some secure access doors to shorten your walk with luggage. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Couldn't find any availability in Vancouver for the weekend -- so happy we didn't ! This hotel was easy to get to, had lots of free parking, a decent breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel. We are glad that you found us as well.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

The inner courtyard is very well kept. It has lots of different colored impatiens and a variety of other plants, trees, and bushes. Staff was friendly and courteous.

The breakfast room was almost unusable when busy mainly due to lack of space. There are too many tables for a small room like that which makes it very difficult to get around. I suggest using one long row of tables joined together with chairs on both sides instead of a bunch of 2 person tables. This would allow more seating and more room for people to walk up to the counter to get seconds. Some other fruit besides apples would be nice. And how about some yogurt?

The shower in our room was very difficult to use. Any time we showered the water temperature fluctuated from cold to almost scalding. This made showering very difficult. I had to stand off to one side for fear of the rapid change in temperature which was difficult to do since it was a small shower stall.
The toilet in our room was plugged but was taken care of immediately. Thanks.
The room was a bit small especially the bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experiences of our hotel. In the summer, during our busy season, the breakfast room can get crowded. We have a lot of groups that stay with us that will all eat breakfast at the same time. We have had to change two shower controls recently as they slip 45 degrees and are not pointing to the actual temperature. I apologize that this occurred in your room. We ask all of our guests to notify us of any problems in their room and we will gladly get them fixed as soon as possible.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

This is a great budget choice for Vancouver. Rooms are clean and many include a fridge and microwave. The inner flower garden is a lovely little oasis away from the dirt and noise of the city. Breakfast is included. Free parking.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank buttercup87

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our Inner Courtyard is quite unique and something we take pride in. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.