“2 days in May”

Ranked #71 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Lubbock
“2 days in May”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The flowers in the courtyard were blooming and the landscaping was very pretty. The wifi worked great in the room. Everything was clean, but a little worn. The lobby definitely needs updating. The breakfast was good. The staff were fine. The best one was at night. She helped us out with the bus route to take and which restaurant to try. Beware. The Vietnamese restaurant across the street does serve raw beef! We tried the Tipper (right across the street) the next night. Had a salmonburger that was wonderful. The chowder was also great!

We were also one half block from McDonalds. The public transportation was easy to access. Just went across the street and caught bus to the Skytrain terminal. The front desk also called a cab for us to get to the airport.

Room Tip: We asked for a room at the back and on the bottom floor. Got exactly that! Very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Texas1964
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
It was wonderful to hear how our hotel fit your needs so well. We do take a lot of pride in our Courtyard Garden and it is looking quite colourful for the summer. We have just had a wifi hardware upgrade which has been very noticeable to our regular guests. There are many family owned restaurants in the area. The Tipper is owned by the chef and I have never heard a guest complain about the quality of the food or service. In fact we keep their menu in our guest rooms and they will deliver to your room as if they were room service. Our convenient access to the public transportation has been commented on by many guests.

Again, I am glad that everything went so well and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Good breakfast, parking
Sheets not very clean
Comfortable large queen beds
Wifi was working in room

• Stayed April 2012
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad that we were able to look after most of the important things on your list. With all the upgrades that I have been putting my staff through (new furniture, cable television upgrades, wireless internet upgrade) I am sorry that we overlooked one of the basics. Please be assured that we have looked after most of the changes prior to the summer and I will have my team focusing on important details such as the one that you have mentioned.

Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The one thing that stood out for me with this motel was how friendly the staff were, especially the reception guys.
The room itself was large with plenty of room to store your belongings. The bathroom was a bit dated but that was not an issue for me. The free breakfast each morning was good, only that most people had to stand up as the room was tiny! They motel provided free parking and the area was close to public transport.
One problem was the walls were paper thin, there was a lady down 5 doors that loved to call all her friends at midnight, we could cleary here her. She also invited a friend around one night... anyhow, it would help if the wall were a bit thicker.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
I am pleased to hear that our staff looked after you and that our location worked out well for your needs. Being so close to the bus and Skytrain usually works out quite well for our guests. Driving in Downtown Vancouver can be difficult, finding parking is tough and it gets expensive quickly. Most hotels downtown charge $25 - $40 per night for parking alone. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Balfour
Reviewed 8 April 2012

very reasonable and friendly staff great location good parking try the Happy Family Chinese restaurant one block east for exotic Chinese food

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. I do receive a lot of positive feedback about my staff. There are a lot of smaller, family owned and operated unique restaurants in our area. I am glad that our location worked so well for you.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We come to this property every time we are in Vancouver. We enjoy the value since it is generally a clean, quiet, and convenient hotel to stay at. There is a service station close and a McDonald's right next store so late night snacking and late breakfast are easy to find. The desk staff are always friendly, willing to accommodate any needs, and very knowledgeable.

Room Tip: The room right behind the front desk is a one bedroom and is very spacious and generally tends to be...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chelsea J
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
I am glad that you are receiving great value at our hotel and that my staff are looking after you so well. The next time you are here we will have a couple of surprises for you. First, we are about fifty percent completed on our new furniture. Secondly, we just received a digital upgrade to our television system. We currently have more channels than I have seen in any hotel that I have ever been in. Please let me know what you think of the changes the next time you are in town.

Thank you, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.
Posen
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed in Days Inn Vancouver Metro only 2 days, but people at the front desk help me a lot. They stored my baggage for a couple of hours, and always knew the direction to the places I wanted to get to :)
The breakfast is OK, but sometimes there is not enough food because of many travellers.
One big con: The shower sink was broken, I had to call twice and finally someone came, but he wasn't able to repair it.
Oh.. and I got to queen bad instead of one, heh ;-)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad that my staff looked after you so well. We have been making some upgrades to our rooms. By the end of this week we will have brand new furniture in three quarters of all of our rooms. The white granite tops are a great improvement. Please let me know what you think of our upgrades after your next stay.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed 10 days at this motel, everything was great.Clean rooms,nice staff. I recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such nice comments and it is nice to hear that everything went so well with your stay.