“The beds, the service the location is exceptional.”

Ramada Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #80 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The room is more than I expected for the price. The bed was extremely comfortable which helped me get over my jet lag quicker. The Irish pub downstairs does a great breakfast. The only thing better than the helpful staff is the awesome location in downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Hi my name is Maria Pook. I stayed at the Ramada Inn on Granville Street for 16 nights.
I would highly recommend this place, not only was it priced well the service was friendly and welcoming. The size of the room was great as well as clean.
A big thank you to Mihaela and all of the front staff for all your help and service.
Also to all the house cleaners that look after that hotel -thank you.

Hope to see you all again next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maria P
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Hello Ms. Pook, I am so pleased to hear you had a good stay with us. We enjoyed your company as well. If you are ever in Vancouver again, please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you in booking a suite with us.
Happy holidays,
Rajiv Jackson Singh
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Functional clean and welcoming. I would however recommend the car park across the street, you can get 24hrs for $10.50. Would recommend the location right in the centre of Gastown and my room had an amazing view of the Harbour Centre & Grouse Mountain.

Only negative would be the noise. I was on the sixth floor and the noise of traffic was exceptionally loud

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Andy R
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Hotel is old and located in a not very nice part of town. Rooms smelled musty and the only way to gain access to the hotel parking lot (which only holds about 10 cars) was through the back alley. Parking was an extra $20.00 per day and after seeing many interesting characters loitering on the street and in alley we did not feel safe leaving our car in the lot overnight.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the dance club because of the noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Good day. I regret to hear you did not find your stay satisfying as I would have hoped. We actually are using top of the line hypo-allergic cleaning supplies within our rooms. It is 100% oxidized water as opposed to harsh chemicals. Vancouver does have specific city wide bylaws which do make driving in downtown a little confusing for some new visitors. As per these city regulations, no one on Granville Street is permitted to have vehicle access to the main street. Since Granville Street is Vancouver’s entertainment district, with very high pedestrian traffic, all vehicles must go through the back alley to access any lot throughout the area. As all guests are notified at the time of check-in, our parking lot next to the building which has at least 24 spots is used as a check-in lot. We do valet vehicles to our over flow lot located off site to guarantee space for all incoming guests. The hotels parking fee is $15 per day, which includes the valet service. Our daily parking charge is one of the lowest in the city; street parking in Downtown Vancouver is at $2 per hour. Please note Vancouver has one of the highest parking taxes, 35.5%, in all of North America which does bump the price to $20.33. I do apologize for our city taxes and bylaws if they inconvenienced your trip. Believe me when I say, if I could change some of them, I would. I do thank you for taking your time to voice your concerns.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My husband and I went to Vancouver for a weekend getaway. Because it was on the spur of the moment, and we wanted to be by the water to get to Granville Island, we had to take a chance on a hotel so we choose to stay at the Ramada. It was lovely and clean and although the room was on the smaller side it was spotless.The staff were great and extremely helpful with directions and advising us on where to go for good pub food and great live Irish music.
We like to stay at nice places that don't cost a fortune but are clean and friendly.I would definately recommend the Ramada anytime and we will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors, less noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coolCarol

Thank you for your kind words. I take it upon myself to have our team provide the highest level of customer service possible. Our building is over 106 years old; some rooms are slightly on the smaller side. But we do our best to keep it up to date and fresh. As always, we use 100% natural, hypo-allergic, oxidized water as our cleaning product. I’m glad you noticed the difference this makes in our rooms and our environment. Take care and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We chose the Ramada because it was close to where we had to work. We were impressed with the extrememly helpful staff and the comfortable rooms. It is an older hotel, redecorated very nicely. The rooms are comfortable but small, as older hotels are. As a weekly stayer, a fridge would have been helpful, but we survived.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a central place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Hello. I can am pleased you saw the effort we put into our customer service we try very actively to provide. As you noticed, with a 106 year old building, we do the best we can. With some rooms, it does get difficult to accommodate everyone’s needs. Keep in mind, we do offer suites on our direct website. These suites do have fridges and/or kitchenettes available. Please contact me directly on your next stay and I will be happy to assist you in booking a suite.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We needed extra help since my husband is wheel chair bound. We stayed at Ramada for one night prior to sailing on a cruise. We needed extra handicap equipment to take with us on the cruise. I called Ramada and a very kind employee, Bruno made me feel very comfortable with shipping this equipment to Ramada the day prior to our arrival. When our items arrived at the Ramada Bruno signed for them and put into the computer where they were stored. When we arrived the next day Bruno was not working, but the staff was able to locate our items and deliver them to our room. The whole staff went out of their way to help us. Bruno also spent a lot of time and phone calls to help me locate a service that would meet us at the airport and transport us to the hotel. We were traveling with a group but the transportation company they were using could not accomodate a wheel chair. I was in a panic trying to get transportation and Bruno took care of it for me. I cannot express in words how much I appreciate all Bruno did to make our short stay in Vancouver so much easier and enjoyable. Every employee we encounterd was very kind and very helpful. When traveling with a handicapped husband, every extra bit of help makes one feel very special. We highly reocommend the Ramada Inn and Suites, down town Vancouver, BC Canada Harry and Sandee Rogers

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Good day Mr. and Mrs. Rogers. I do not have much to say, but to only thank you for taking the time to voice your experience. As I always say, my one goal is to provide everyone with the best service possible from a team which knows how to work seamlessly together as one. I do wish to see you two in the near future.