“Extremely small room, no dining room”

Ramada Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #76 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Gatineau, Canada
“Extremely small room, no dining room”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed st the Ramada International for 2 nights while travelling on business in Vancouver. The hotel is located at the end of Granville street, not far from the bridge. It is an ideal location for restaurants and buses.
The hotel itself is small and very clean. The security is adequate as a room key is required to access the lobby after-hours and the elevators at all times.
My room was was way too small, even for one person (approx. 2 feet between the bedroom door and the bed). The window was almost non-existent. It really felt like a broom closet. The bathroom was ok but very noisy when the ventilation was on.
I was dissapointed and a little claustrophobic but decided to stay in the room because I was only there for two nights. Should I have had to stay longer I would have asked to be moved to another room.

The fact that there is no dinning room was a big let-down for me. The hotel was booked through work so I didn't get a chance to check beforehand (my mistake). The good thing about it, however, was that it encouraged me to go out and discover local restaurants.

Overall my stay at the Ramada was average. What convinced me to stay was the cleanliness of the place and the location. But I will not be returning to it should I travel again to Vancouver.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
vancouver
Reviewed 8 November 2012

This hotel has a fantastic location. Can't beat it in the heart of all the action. It is in the popular club area of Granville but its further from the action. There is a small club (ginger 62) attached to the hotel. Stay on the 3rd floor and above and u won't hear anything. The rooms are quite small but re done. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The biggest downfall to this hotel is the parking. It's small and very tight. We have a f150 and it was a tight squeeze to fit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2012

It is OK for a short stay, the location is great, lots of night life around. The check in and out was quick, the room and elevator are small. I can hear the other guests talking in their room. The fun in the bathroom is noise. The staff is helpful for assistance.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I read that a lot of people thought the rooms were small and noisy but I think they are just being extremely picky!! Our room was spacious, the staff was so helpful and we were right on the street and the noise from the club (which is only open 3 nights a week) was minimal. It was quieter than New York and exactly the noise level you could expect from a large city. I would stay here again especially since the price was so affordable!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

We were after a cheap hotel, so we chose ramada, as we got a great Internet rate.
Beds were really comfy and the room was clean.
Hotel is in good location to access all of Vancouver.
Rooms are extremely small, barely room to move around the bed.
Hotel is old, so every single noise from the corridor and next door room comes right through to your room - bring earplugs.
There is a night club below, so expect to hear the music and feel the vibrations, we did and we were on one of the higher levels.
The corridors smell strange also.

Stayed October 2012
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The room is more than I expected for the price. The bed was extremely comfortable which helped me get over my jet lag quicker. The Irish pub downstairs does a great breakfast. The only thing better than the helpful staff is the awesome location in downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed October 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Hi my name is Maria Pook. I stayed at the Ramada Inn on Granville Street for 16 nights.
I would highly recommend this place, not only was it priced well the service was friendly and welcoming. The size of the room was great as well as clean.
A big thank you to Mihaela and all of the front staff for all your help and service.
Also to all the house cleaners that look after that hotel -thank you.

Hope to see you all again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Maria P
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Hello Ms. Pook, I am so pleased to hear you had a good stay with us. We enjoyed your company as well. If you are ever in Vancouver again, please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you in booking a suite with us.
Happy holidays,