“Easy going stay at Vancouver Downtwon Ramada Inn”

Ramada Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #81 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We currently arrived to live to Vancouver and we needed an afordable but comfortable place that was well located so we could go around the city looking of a place to live. From the moment we arrived Mihaela at the front desk was very kind to us talking to us in Spanish and upgrading us without cost so we had more space for our 3 year old son to play.

At the beginning no having an inside restaurant available might be a worry but there are coffee shops and restaurants so close by you could think they are part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites they might be available at the price of a common hotel room else where and they a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Welcome to Vancouver! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us while settling into our beautiful city. As always, we try to go above and beyond to make sure every single one of our guests are comfortable. Even the youngest and most adorable ones!
As mentioned there are tons of choices for restaurants and coffee shops just step away from hotel. But don’t forget the Morrissey Irish Bar & Grill, attached to us from the lobby, opens up as a breakfast parlour for guests from 7am to 11am.
It was nice meeting you as travelers to the city. Now I hope to run into you and your young family in the city as neighbours.
Best regards,
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,796)

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I have stayed at a number of the pricier Vancouver hotels but wanted to save some money but still be within walking distance of the downtown core. The Ramada was an excellent option. A couple of drawbacks: there is a nightclub located on the main floor which does generate some noise (noticeable even in my 6th floor room) and they have limited surface parking (no underground or secured parking). However the service was great and the room very comfortable. Mihaela Birzan in particular at the front desk was especially helpful. We had breakfast included in our rate which was served in the aforementioned nightclub - which initially seemed odd - but turned out to be delicious and served by friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the inside are quieter (from road noise) and higher floors have more distance from...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We’re glad we were able to mend matters while you were here with us, in turn providing an overall positive experience.
Parking is a tight downtown, literally. While we do not have underground parking, we have a valet team which deals with all parking issues one might come across trying to park in downtown Vancouver. As our primary parking lot, located adjacent to the building, is relatively petit compared to the number of rooms we are comprised of. Our valet team does move majority of vehicles to an overflow lot located offsite. Our parking lot is monitored on CCTV and patrolled by the valet team. We believe this provides better security for your vehicle than a standard underground parking structure.
As cited, The Morrissey Irish Bar & Grill opens up privately for hotel guests to provide a delicious breakfast in a fun environment every morning. Regardless of the type of booking one may have, they are more than welcome to visit for breakfast at a discounted rate.
Happy endeavours,

Reviewed 14 January 2013

I was invited to Canada to speak at an event. I arrived from America late the evening before, exhausted from the long drive. When the gentleman waiting on me could not find my reservation, the manager, Mihaela Birzan, graciously stepped in to assist. We assumed I had driven to the wrong location. Luckily for me, the manager did not simply send me on my way - late at night in a foreign country - she instead had the wherewithall to call the location and check my reservation. Oddly, there was no record of the reservation I had made through the tourism board. Thankfully, Miss Birzan continued to assist me, contacting the tourism board on my behalf only to discover they had no record of my reservation either, though I had been charged and had a confirmation number. It was not a good first impression. Thanks to the compassionate professionalism of Miss Birzan, and the wisdom she displayed -following through when many others might have simply sent me on my way- I will be back to stay at the Ramada Inn, downtown Vancouver. I am very grateful to Miss Birzan for her excellent management skills; she smoothed over my first experience in Canada with her attentive attitude and the voucher she extended for breakfast was not only appreciated, it left a lasting impression!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank moringaworldwide
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Good day blissful traveler. I am pleased to hear about your experience with our staff. The whole team at the Ramada Inn & Suites strives to accommodate everyone's needs. Please do let us know if you plan on visiting Vancouver in the near future. We will be more than ecstatic to have you stay with us and meet the rest of them team!
Happy travels,

Reviewed 11 January 2013

We arrived ready to check in and realized one of our group couple's was unable to print the voucher for their stay prior to arriving and had not made a reservation in advance. Worried that we would be out of luck with getting the number of separate rooms at the rates we were expecting - we were very pleasantly greeted and served by the BEST hotel DUTY Manager I have ever experienced!! Her name is Mihaela Birzan. Her service, attention to detail and genuine warmth made our worries all disappear. We also LOVED the location - right in the heart of downtown Vancouver - we walked to our concert, we enjoyed the night and the next morning thoroughly! We have booked back at this hotel AGAIN because of the positive experience and because of Mihaela. I recommend this hotel to anyone, whether it be to enjoy a night downtown or if on a trip visiting from afar. It is a genuine display of solid, honest Vancouver and BC hospitality. It's not real fancy, nothing too glamorous, but it's PERFECT and priced right if you are looking for a basic, clean, safe, well run hotel in the City with great staff! Thanks Mihaela for making our trip and future visits memorable. You are a STAR :)

Room Tip: higher rooms experience less party noise from the clubs and street below.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C K

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your kind words! We always love to hear about stay with us. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

As a group of 3 males, it is usually hard to find a hotel with 3 beds a room. At Ramada, we got a suite with 2 double beds and a sofa bed which was perfect. And it was cheaper than a dorm room in a hostel per person. Awesome location with a walk to the metro and all the nightlife. Fully recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013

Always glad to hear we could assist in making your trip to Vancouver more memorable. We love our city and try to do all we can to help visitors from near or far see the beauty the city has to offer.
Our rates our competitive and location is notable. The only thing better is the level of service we strive to provide.
I’m glad we could help 3 more visitors enjoy our city. You’ve enjoyed winter in Vancouver. Next it’s time to enjoy summer!
We’ll see you then,

Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

The rooms are a little on the small side, but have everything we needed. The front desk staff are particularly helpful, especially with their excellent restaurant recommendations.

It's a straight 20 minute walk up Granville St to the waterfront/GasTown area. The perpendicular Davie Street has a good selection of dining options.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank swhale

Thank you kindly for the charming review. It is very agreeable our location is opportune for any traveler who would like to be walking distance to majority of the key parts of downtown Vancouver.
Best regards,

Reviewed 27 December 2012

I travel to Vancouver on business on a regular basis.
I've stayed here a few times and it's exceeded my expectations greatly every time!

Rates you can't beat!
The service is exceptional!
And the location is amazing!

And the rooms have been updated and are very lovely.

No complaints all around :)

You really can count on a pleasant stay when you choose this hotel and save a few dollars while your at it!

I'll be back soon.