“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #76 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

From the airport you can take the Canada Line train and then walk 10 minutes to the hotel... total trip to/from airport is a little over 30 mins. Great location with lots of restaurants around, a 7-11 convenience store across the street and Shoppers Drug Mart a block away. Good hotel, and I had a comfortable sleep. Beware there is a nightclub next door and this is a nightlife area, so Fridays and Saturdays WILL have noise from the street.

Nice room and bed, spacious bathroom, and free wi-fi.

Some people seem to think this area of downtown Vancouver is seedy. In reality it's not dangerous at all. The major streets looked very safe to me, and I even saw clean-cut kids (16 or 17 year olds) wandering around the shops on a Saturday night.

I would stay again, except perhaps on Friday/Saturday if I particularly wanted quiet.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room on a higher floor facing away from the street
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

As a single, young traveller, this hotel was perfect for me. For approx $55 a night, I got a comfortable bed, a hot shower and a room to store my things while I was out and about seeing the city. The hotel is a little dated, the 4th floor smelt like moth balls and the TV in the room was of pretty poor quality - a lot of digital "noise" coming through. It seemed that they hooked up an HDTV directly to a cable port without a digi box, but it was watchable.

The nightclub next door created a lot of bass/booming noise in my room at night, I did have to sleep with ear plugs in both nights, but with those in I did have a comfortable sleep. The location is fantastic, Granville is a busy street with a lot of restuarant options in walking distance and public transit right outside the door. Walk across Granville bridge to get some close and specacular views of the harbour and neighbouring mountains.

For the value and great location, I would stay again, but this is definitely not a hotel for someone looking for the quality of a Westin or Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask to be roomed as far from the east side of the hotel as possible, as this wall is shared with a n...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Gibsons, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

The staff was exceptional at this hotel. Every single person was helpful and genuinely friendly. This is an older property but our bed was new and comfy, our bathroom new and spacious. Our room was on the small side but fine for our needs. You're right in the heart of Granville Street so it can be noisy however the bar downstairs is cool. On Sundays there's open mike and we lucked into hearing a great session guitarist—cost nothing. Fun bartender and the food is good. Included with our room was a full American breakfast with decent decaf (the waitress made a pot just for me). We'll stay there again for sure. A good value if you want to be in the middle of it all.

Room Tip: Single bed rooms are quite small. Rooms with two beds about average. Interior rooms are quieter but...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear happy traveler,
I am delighted to hear about your recent stay with us. With all the excitement going on, on Granville Street, we strive to make sure we make the best of every little thing we can. Our fundamentals are simple and honest; we are here to provide the very best customer service we can provide every single person who walks into our establishment regardless of who they are, where they are from, why they are here, even if they are not staying with us.
It brings joy to see you the mutual appreciation of all our hard work.
We do wish to see you again in the near future.
Best regards,
London, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Horrid hotel, cheap nasty dirty rooms, cheap decor, dated, no room service, AC unit was not powerful enough, car park charges were extortionate, only good thing was its location.

Staff were friendly but I felt sorry for anyone who has to work in this place.

The breakfast is a horrid pub next door, food selection was rubbish!

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Room Tip: Please DO NOT stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear unfulfilled guest,
Let me start off by apologizing for what sounds like a shockingly uncharacteristic stay with us back in July 2012. I am genuine when I say every review is taken seriously by everyone at our establishment, including the front desk team and the management.
The front desk staff has been trained to make sure they do everything necessary to make your stay a pleasant one. Were your concerns expressed to anyone on the team? Everyone on the team is empowered to whatever necessary to assist you in making the best of you stay. I wish you were to contact me directly while on site, or even in the months since your original stay. I still ask you do contact me at Rajiv@RamadaVancouver.com to further discuss your stay with us.
Parking at the hotel is $15 plus taxes per night. In regards to your assertion of our parking fee, please bear in mind our parking fee is at cost for the hotel. We do not profit from parking. It is provided as a service for guests. Vancouver has fairly expensive and very limited parking in downtown. We also have the highest parking tax in all of North America, 35.52% taxes just on parking.
I hope to hear from you soon,
Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

We arrived for a one night stay after a long delayed flight from Sydney so we were looking forward to a good nights sleep. We were on the 6th floor and had no problem from the bar next door but the penthouse above where some pretty questionable noises were coming out of.... the room was small but convenient for what we needed and where we were located. We checked out the next morning.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Let me firstly start by thanking you for taking the time to complete this review.
I do send my apologies our other guests made the outcome of your stay inadequate.
If the front desk was informed, I am sure they would have settled your issues right away.
On your next visit to Vancouver, please contact us and let us make up for your last stay.
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed here after a long trans-Atlantic flight. The welcome was super, almost as though someone had phoned ahead. The two guys on the desk were really friendly and helpful; one of them came out with a flashlight to help me park the car as close into the wall as possible.
The friendly attitude continued the next morning; the room was clean and comfortable; the breakfast in the atmospheric Morrisey's next door put us in the mood for the holiday.
Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello happy travelers.
I am so delighted to hear we enjoyed your time with us!
There will always be an indefinite amount of things we will not be able to control or change. Our mentality is, why not make the few things we the best possible Our first and foremost goal is to do exactly what you experienced; to make sure you enjoy your stay
I truly hope the remainder of you holiday only progressed with excitement and hospitality.
Enjoy your travels,
Milford, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

We arrived at night and the lobby needed to be vacuumed quite badly, but the all the front desk employees and all the maids were super friendly and very accommodating. The parking is right next door and $20/night which is good for a large city. We didn't not eat on the premises. This isn't a luxury hotel, but for the price you get a nice comfy room. The only real negative was some band noise we heard coming from the club next door. We were on the sixth floor and it was a Wednesday. We were offered another room, but it was after midnight, and the thought of switching seemed daunting. They offered to give us a deal on the next night, but we were checking out in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for the quietest room in case of club noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear valued guest,
I apologize your first impression of the hotel was not the best. I am glad you found our team welcoming. That is what we are here for.
Ginger 62, the club next door, is usually not open on Wednesday nights. They had a private event on the evening you happened to be staying with us. I do sincerely apologize for the innocence this must have caused.
Please contact me directly on your next visit to Vancouver and I will be more than happy to assist you.