“Outstanding service and perfect Location.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Vancouver Downtown

Ranked #76 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Oslo, Norway
“Outstanding service and perfect Location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I´ve stayed here 3 times and loved it everytime. The hotel itself is situated in the middle of downtown vancouver, with restaurants only 5 minutes away in Yaletown. So if you want to see the city, this is perfect! In addition, the service I received from the front desk Manager, Mihaela, was impeccable. She went above and beyond to make my stay as pleasant as possible, and helping me with all my (sometimes weird) requests and questions. I travel alot with my work, so I´ve had some really bad experiences along with some good ones, and I can honestly say that this is one of the really good ones - and it all came down tho the service I received. Because of that, this is now my go-to-place everytime I go to Vancouver.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rajiv S, Director of Sales at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear EirikGO,

Thank you for return stay with us and for taking time to provide a review.

We appreciate your feedback and we are very proud of our team. I am glad we are able to consistently meet your business needs and our location works well for you.

We look forward to serving you again on a return trip to Vancouver.

Ramada Vancouver Downtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Eagle River, AK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

A couple days after getting home I broke out in over 100 bed bug bites. I checked the bed bug registry after the fact and found out I'm not the only person to have this experience at this hotel. The rooms are small, noisy and dated.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank fatport
Rajiv S, Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to review the hotel.

We appreciate you also taking the time to contact us directly on this matter. We are very sorry you have encountered bites upon returning home. We have contacted the previous guests who did not share the same experience and we have had our pest control company thoroughly inspect and treat the room. A further inspection was done of adjoining rooms and they were found to be pest free.

Please note the following pieces of advice taken from Trip Advisor Articles and Traveler Advisories:

Bed bugs are increasingly common now due to increased international travel, since bedbugs are spread by travelers not by poor cleaning practices.

Online bedbug registries are not a very reliable source of information. People can try to damage a hotel's reputation by falsely claiming bedbugs, people can misidentify other problems as bedbugs, and places might not be removed from the registry even after the bedbugs have been dealt with.

- New York City Traveller Article: Trip Advisor

The resurgence of bed bugs over the past decade is a widely-recognized problem within hotels both budget as well as 5 star luxury hotels and resorts. Virtually every hotel has encountered bed begs at one time or another. This problem has affected not only the hotel industry, but hospitals, college dorms, taxis, theatres and office buildings. They can also be passed between travelers, between bags and from carry-on luggage to travelers on airplanes. Quite often what one might perceive as an ongoing issue, may be a problem that same traveler has introduced to the hotel upon arrival. Unfortunately for us and the guests we have no way of knowing who may be carrying the bugs on them or in their luggage when they check in to our hotel.

Proactive inspections are performed by our housekeeping and maintenance teams on a daily basis as the care and comfort of our guests is of the utmost priority to us. We retain independent pest control experts to perform thorough checks on a regular basis throughout the property.

We are truly sorry you have developed bites upon returning home. We hope your future travels will be smooth and that we may better serve you on a return trip to Vancouver.

Ramada Vancouver Management Team

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

South Shields
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We came from England for the first time. We're immediately made to feel welcome. Guy behind desk booked tourist bus etc for us and nothing was too much bother. My husband left behind a bank security device and within a few hours of checking out they found it and we were able to collect. I have never had such good service from counter staff. We stayed at the blue horizen too and even though the hotel and location were good, not a patch on the service.
We found the hotel very quiet for the district it was in.
Fab for visits to granville island, bus stops at the door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rajiv S, Director of Sales at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear DebbieSouthShields,

Thank you for choosing Ramada Vancouver Downtown and for taking time to review the hotel.

We appreciate your comments and will be forwarding to our front office team.

We look forward to serving you again on a return trip through Vancouver

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Front desk service was.... Chaotic to say the least. After I checked in and walked up to my room someone came up to tell me they gave me the wrong room, I went from looking on on the street to barely having any light and looking out on a weird courtyard. The hallways have a weird smell and look dingy, the room was clean enough and fine. Well fine if you don't need any pillows. All I had was 4 square cushions... I asked for pillows and was told these were standard in most of the world and this is all they had... It took 45 minutes to get this answer and a little being yelled at by the front desk staff. 45 mins because they told me it was more important to take care of the guests checking in than talking to me.. This is exactly what they told me!! Really??The service is just bad! The curtains don't really cover the window, which usually does not matter but I needed to go to bed early to be up for a 5am meeting so the light streaming is was an issue.... Hum, I will not be a repeat customer.

Oh and not the hotels fault but all night a bunch of guys who obviously had a few rooms on my floor were partying in the hall

Oh and BIG pet peeve.... I NEVER got my wake up call!!!!!! Arg huge fail on my list. The wake up call is the back up! You should always be able to trust the back up

Hope this helps in your decision making

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Melissa M
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for taking time to review the Ramada Vancouver and for your stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback and while we try to make every guest stay a positive and comfortable stay, we seem to have fallen short with you. I am sorry we were not more attentive to your needs during our group check-in. Unfortunately this can be a very busy time for our desk and management teams and guests may have to wait a few more minutes than normal for guest requests. I have summarized your comments and we will be discussing them at our department managers meeting where our owner will have the opportunity to review them with our housekeeping, maintenance and front office team leaders.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future and that we may better serve you on a return trip to Vancouver.