“Very considerate staff”

Ranked #78 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Nelson, Canada
“Very considerate staff”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the 2nd time my husband and i have stayed in the Ramada on Granville. The staff are extremely hospitable and they were very considerate and helpful during this last stay - my husband was in the hospital with complications following surgery and they were very accommodating, helpful and caring. An excellent crew. The rooms are small but clean and nice - everything you need is nearby.

Room Tip: The rooms with king sized beds are the best!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rajiv S, Director of Sales at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Drlou444,

Thank you for your return stay with us and for taking time to review the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and will forward to our management teams.

We look forward to your next stay with us and hope it is under healthier circumstances to let you enjoy the city as much as the hotel.

Ramada Vancouver Downtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
nanaimo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Small hard beds, mildewed shower curtains, consistently wrong bus directions, lack of computers for research, and several, but not all really rude staff. One older Russian woman in particular. I will never stay, nor recommend Ramada to anyone, unless I really don't like them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Sandra H
Dear Sandra H,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking time to review the hotel.

I am terribly sorry you were left with this impression of our hotel. I will follow up with our housekeeping team with regards to the shower curtains, though it is our practice to replace them with each set of guests and they are bleached in between. Beds can be a very personal like or dislike but I can assure you that we have relatively new Simmons Beautyrest Pillowtop premium mattresses which are enjoyed by a great many people while others prefer other styles in firm or soft mattress. I will address your comments regarding our front office team with the front office manager for individual follow-up.

We hope to one day better serve you on a return trip through Vancouver.

Ramada Vancouver Downtown

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I´ve stayed here 3 times and loved it everytime. The hotel itself is situated in the middle of downtown vancouver, with restaurants only 5 minutes away in Yaletown. So if you want to see the city, this is perfect! In addition, the service I received from the front desk Manager, Mihaela, was impeccable. She went above and beyond to make my stay as pleasant as possible, and helping me with all my (sometimes weird) requests and questions. I travel alot with my work, so I´ve had some really bad experiences along with some good ones, and I can honestly say that this is one of the really good ones - and it all came down tho the service I received. Because of that, this is now my go-to-place everytime I go to Vancouver.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear EirikGO,

Thank you for return stay with us and for taking time to provide a review.

We appreciate your feedback and we are very proud of our team. I am glad we are able to consistently meet your business needs and our location works well for you.

We look forward to serving you again on a return trip to Vancouver.

Eagle River, AK
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A couple days after getting home I broke out in over 100 bed bug bites. I checked the bed bug registry after the fact and found out I'm not the only person to have this experience at this hotel. The rooms are small, noisy and dated.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank fatport
Rajiv S, Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to review the hotel.

We appreciate you also taking the time to contact us directly on this matter. We are very sorry you have encountered bites upon returning home. We have contacted the previous guests who did not share the same experience and we have had our pest control company thoroughly inspect and treat the room. A further inspection was done of adjoining rooms and they were found to be pest free.

Please note the following pieces of advice taken from Trip Advisor Articles and Traveler Advisories:

Bed bugs are increasingly common now due to increased international travel, since bedbugs are spread by travelers not by poor cleaning practices.

Online bedbug registries are not a very reliable source of information. People can try to damage a hotel's reputation by falsely claiming bedbugs, people can misidentify other problems as bedbugs, and places might not be removed from the registry even after the bedbugs have been dealt with.

- New York City Traveller Article: Trip Advisor

The resurgence of bed bugs over the past decade is a widely-recognized problem within hotels both budget as well as 5 star luxury hotels and resorts. Virtually every hotel has encountered bed begs at one time or another. This problem has affected not only the hotel industry, but hospitals, college dorms, taxis, theatres and office buildings. They can also be passed between travelers, between bags and from carry-on luggage to travelers on airplanes. Quite often what one might perceive as an ongoing issue, may be a problem that same traveler has introduced to the hotel upon arrival. Unfortunately for us and the guests we have no way of knowing who may be carrying the bugs on them or in their luggage when they check in to our hotel.

Proactive inspections are performed by our housekeeping and maintenance teams on a daily basis as the care and comfort of our guests is of the utmost priority to us. We retain independent pest control experts to perform thorough checks on a regular basis throughout the property.

We are truly sorry you have developed bites upon returning home. We hope your future travels will be smooth and that we may better serve you on a return trip to Vancouver.

Ramada Vancouver Management Team
South Shields
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We came from England for the first time. We're immediately made to feel welcome. Guy behind desk booked tourist bus etc for us and nothing was too much bother. My husband left behind a bank security device and within a few hours of checking out they found it and we were able to collect. I have never had such good service from counter staff. We stayed at the blue horizen too and even though the hotel and location were good, not a patch on the service.
We found the hotel very quiet for the district it was in.
Fab for visits to granville island, bus stops at the door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rajiv S, Director of Sales at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear DebbieSouthShields,

Thank you for choosing Ramada Vancouver Downtown and for taking time to review the hotel.

We appreciate your comments and will be forwarding to our front office team.

We look forward to serving you again on a return trip through Vancouver