Free cancellation until 27/07
US$396
US$385
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sands(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$413
US$369
Priceline
US$674
Priceline
1,673 results
All reviewscanada placewaterfront stationrooms are smallgas towncontinental breakfasthomeless peoplefew blockswithin walking distanceyogurtcruise terminalconvenient locationan older hotelvancouver downtownwould stay here againbed was comfortablepublic transportationstayed one night
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Difficult to understand the good reviews - must be that the price is indeed lower than surrounding hotels. I will absolutely have invested more to get a decent room. The door almost touch the bed when you open it - difficult to move your luggage around. The carpet was old and smell sweat. There were no window in the room so it was dark even during the day - little light inside. The king bed was in fact two twin beds joined together - very uncomfortable. The AC was old and noisy and wouldn't keep up to keep the room at a decent temperature.
I would avoid going to this hotel - definitively recommend to avoid.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GenA2012
Manager2324, Manager at Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I apologize that you had these problems with your stay. I would like to address some of the issues this reviewer touched on. This is important for all future guests, if you have ANY problems with your room please let us know right away....all we ask is that we are given a chance to fix a problem while you are here. We pride ourselves in providing some of the best customer service in the city and can guarantee that, had this reviewer let us know of the problems, we would have been able to make the remainder of their stay a very enjoyable one. We are a 100 year old building and you will see in the other reviews that our rooms are a little smaller than some newer higher end hotels, but our rooms are very clean and comfortable. All rooms do have windows that open but some do face the buildings beside us and therefore the glass is smoked. We have a terrific Maintenance Department and they would have been more than happy to fix or replace anything in the room that was not functioning to your liking (Air Conditioner). Please take the time to read some more reviews of our property and I think you will find that this is not a common occurance at our property and that we are in fact a great choice for anyone visiting Downtown Vancouver.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Vey closer to the port and places to visit and eat. Great staff, very helpful and friendly. Anyone going on a cruise - recommend it as a place to stay at a good value and location.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony W
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I had an early flight and needed a hotel close to the train line to the airport. The Ramada fit the bill! Cosy room on the 6th floor...no noise from the bars or street. Extremely comfortable bed. Wakeup call when I asked for it and a quick 5 minute walk down to catch the train. Definitely a keeper.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bsallee
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel is in a great central location, and although it is close to a not-so-great area, the proximity to places like Chinatown and Gastown outweighed any negatives for me and I didn't have any bad experiences. The bathroom was nice and spacious, with an attractive tiled floor, and the bed was two singles pushed together to make for an extremely wide (although kind of short) bed with plenty of room to spread out in. If you like a ton of space in the hotel room itself, then this hotel might not be great for you, but I found it wasn't a big deal. The rooms were a little warm and the a/c unit didn't help much. The continental breakfast was the standard bagels/muffins, cereal, and some fruit. There were two hot items available, which were egg and pancakes/waffles, but neither of those appealed to me. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a good location and an affordable, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RubyWanderlust
Manager2324, Manager at Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am very happy that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. As this review states, we are located in a terrific area in Downtown Vancouver for anyone visiting the city and looking to be close to all of the sites! Please rememebr to contact the hotel directly for any reservations...we can assure you that you will recieve the BEST rate out there by callin or emailing us directly.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The room was updated but small, I was travelling alone so this was perfect. The bed was very comfortable. With the windows closed there was almost no road noise. Everything was clean and well kept. This room also included breakfast. In comparison so other hotels at the same price point this was a selling feature for me. Breakfast was your typical continental style however it also included two hot items. It was overall good value for my money. The location was also great. It is a ten minuet walk to Rogers Arena and is in a pretty safe area. You can also easily walk to the heart of things in down town Vancouver. It's also easy to access transit. The service was prompt and friendly and I was even able to check in early without an extra fee! I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo