Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown
Hotwire.com
US$405
US$391
1,661 results
All reviewscanada placewaterfront stationrooms are smallgas towncontinental breakfasthomeless peoplefew blockswithin walking distanceyogurtcruise terminalan older hotelconvenient locationvancouver downtownwould stay here againbed was comfortablepublic transportationstayed one night
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here mid May for 3 nights. I was placed on the top floor overlooking West Pender Street. The hotel is on the fringe of downtown. The hotel building is old but has been renovated. I enjoyed my room 615 I believe. Like all things old, the room was very small but just fine for me. The only negative about the hotel , is it seemed like there are no real sit down restaurants nearby. I ate next door, I do not remember the name, so that alone should tell you to maybe eat elsewhere. I was not a fan of the food there.

The room was very clean, and the hotel is quiet which are my main concerns. The WIFI was great and reliable. The location is also great, for me anyway because it is on main transit routes and 1.5 blocks from the skytrain.

The elevator is a problem. They seem to get alot of cruise business and when they all come in at once it ties up the very small elevator. Walking up 6 flights of stairs, while good exercise, is not always preferred when {I am on a lazy holiday.

I found the staff helpful, however, they didn't talk to me that much. With that said, I apparently do not always appear approachable.. haha....so others have said, so this didn't really bother me. When I did have questions, the staff were willing to help and were friendly about it.

the breakfast needs help!!

the hotel is extremely basic so if you want luxury, you won't find it here. If you want clean, quiet (when I was there anyway), decent price, and decent location, this hotel will do just fine. I will stay there again when I am in my favorite city in Canada.

Room Tip: try to get a room over West Pender. I think other rooms look into the back alley.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Manager2324, Manager at Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. There are many positives to take away from your review but unfortunately there are also some negatives. In relation to the number of restaurants, there are MANY (at least 12) restaurants within a one block radius of the hotel that offer a wide variety of food. On our block alone, there are 4 restaurants. Our elevator can get busy at peek times and we certainly do our best to minimize staff usage during these times. I must admit, I am very surprised by the comments about our staff "not talking to you much". Our staff are considered to be some of the best in the industry and really enjoy engaging our guests in conversation which I think is pretty common when you read our other reviews. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Vancouver and are confident that we can change your review to a "perfect score"!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

An older hotel with many upgrades made. Service was good and a basic continental breakfast included. The outside of the hotel needs attention and not very welcoming.... this area needs daily sweeping / cleaning and a couple of entrance large pots with plants would give a better impression. Hotel handy to central station / food court and Water st restaurants. Would like to see a sign on back of room doors " In consideration of other guests please close door quietly"..... this applies also to just about every other hotel !!!

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you fro the review PeteV46! We will certainly use your comments as we move forward with our ongoing effort to improve our property. Thanks again and please come visit again soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Pros:
1. LOCATION!!! As others said the neighbourhood is a few blocks from East Hastings (homeless, drugs etc.) so there are a few iffy people around, however if you simply walk 5-10 min in the opposite direction toward Burrard St you are in the heart of Vancouver (Robson, Granville). You can walk almost anywhere from here.
2. Free Breakfast. It is not disgusting as someone said (not sure what they were expecting, it's not a five star hotel) but its nothing fancy. However it's still bagels, eggs, yogurt, bananas, muffins, coffee, oatmeal etc for FREE.
3. Staff were very friendly and helpful
4. The hotel itself is an old historic building and very beautiful. (Because its old the rooms are smaller but once again people who are complaining about room size should pick a five star hotel with a much heftier price tag).
5. Value for money. We got this hotel on a Saturday night for $155 so the price was right considering the location and cleanliness of rooms.

Cons:
1. No parking at hotel. You can pay $30 for valet service or park yourself a block away and walk to your hotel. The valet service was worth having no hassle service.
2. The bed we slept on was too soft. Felt like it had been slept on too many times. That's really my only real complaint for this hotel.

Most importantly I would stay here again no problem!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Another great review!! There are many things in this review that I may have "implied" in the past, but never flat out said. So for that, honeymooners096, I thank you!!! In relation to the 'Cons", parking in Vancouver can be considered to be "expensive", but when you compare it to other major North American cities such as San Francisco, New York, Toronto etc, we are actually priced very reasonably. Our valet service does allow our guests to come and go as often as they like up to 5pm the following day, which you will not find in any public parking lot. We have recently upgraded many of our beds to pillow top mattresses and I apologize if you found it to be too soft. It is always a challenge for hotels to find the best compromise between firm and soft beds to meet every guests preferences. We are certainly looking forward to having you return to the hotel on your next visit!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Manager2324, Manager at Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014