“THE HOTEL IS IN DOWNTOWN, NEAR SHOPS, RESTAURANTS, PIER...”

Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #56 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 24 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Manager2324, Manager at Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,632)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Though the location and breakfast were great, the room wasn't particularly spacious. There was a large comfortable bed with a bit of walking room around it. This is pretty much all you need, but it's certainly not a luxury suit.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Alex S, thank you for posting your review. Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms aren't overly large and we do not have any suites in our hotel. However, many of our guests find the rooms to be very comfortable and meets their needs for a stay in Downtown Vancouver.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here mid May for 3 nights. I was placed on the top floor overlooking West Pender Street. The hotel is on the fringe of downtown. The hotel building is old but has been renovated. I enjoyed my room 615 I believe. Like all things old, the room was very small but just fine for me. The only negative about the hotel , is it seemed like there are no real sit down restaurants nearby. I ate next door, I do not remember the name, so that alone should tell you to maybe eat elsewhere. I was not a fan of the food there.

The room was very clean, and the hotel is quiet which are my main concerns. The WIFI was great and reliable. The location is also great, for me anyway because it is on main transit routes and 1.5 blocks from the skytrain.

The elevator is a problem. They seem to get alot of cruise business and when they all come in at once it ties up the very small elevator. Walking up 6 flights of stairs, while good exercise, is not always preferred when {I am on a lazy holiday.

I found the staff helpful, however, they didn't talk to me that much. With that said, I apparently do not always appear approachable.. haha....so others have said, so this didn't really bother me. When I did have questions, the staff were willing to help and were friendly about it.

the breakfast needs help!!

the hotel is extremely basic so if you want luxury, you won't find it here. If you want clean, quiet (when I was there anyway), decent price, and decent location, this hotel will do just fine. I will stay there again when I am in my favorite city in Canada.

Room Tip: try to get a room over West Pender. I think other rooms look into the back alley.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. There are many positives to take away from your review but unfortunately there are also some negatives. In relation to the number of restaurants, there are MANY (at least 12) restaurants within a one block radius of the hotel that offer a wide variety of food. On our block alone, there are 4 restaurants. Our elevator can get busy at peek times and we certainly do our best to minimize staff usage during these times. I must admit, I am very surprised by the comments about our staff "not talking to you much". Our staff are considered to be some of the best in the industry and really enjoy engaging our guests in conversation which I think is pretty common when you read our other reviews. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Vancouver and are confident that we can change your review to a "perfect score"!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

An older hotel with many upgrades made. Service was good and a basic continental breakfast included. The outside of the hotel needs attention and not very welcoming.... this area needs daily sweeping / cleaning and a couple of entrance large pots with plants would give a better impression. Hotel handy to central station / food court and Water st restaurants. Would like to see a sign on back of room doors " In consideration of other guests please close door quietly"..... this applies also to just about every other hotel !!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you fro the review PeteV46! We will certainly use your comments as we move forward with our ongoing effort to improve our property. Thanks again and please come visit again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014