Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown
St. Regis Hotel(Vancouver)
Fairmont Waterfront(Vancouver)
Kingston Hotel(Vancouver)
1,650 results
All reviewscanada placewaterfront stationrooms are smallgas towncontinental breakfasthomeless peoplefew blockswithin walking distanceyogurtcruise terminalan older hotelconvenient locationvancouver downtownwould stay here againbed was comfortablepublic transportationstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Second stay at this hotel, this time to see "Grease" at the Queen Elizabeth. It is very convenient and close to most downtown events. We booked on line and pre-paid to get the absolute best rate. I do not believe that $70 for a hotel in a major North American city could ever be considered expensive. The staff was very helpful and because we came in early from Vancouver Island on the bus, they actually put our bags in secure storage so we could walk around Vancouver with our backpacks. The staff is friendly, helpful and informative. This hotel is on the fringe of the "bad" parts of Vancouver but I am not intimidated by that. Every city has it's warts and we never had an issue at this hotel. We asked for a king bed which we got on the 6th floor. Our room was small bur people need to realize that this is a heritage building and subject to the constraints of that condition. The bathroom was huge and the hotel did not smell. Ignorant smokers in the elevator are just that and the hotel can do nothing about it. The breakfast is fine with a good selection. I will definitely stay here again as I like the character of this place. It reminds me of an older British hotel. The hotel could be a little quieter but like I said it is a heritage building and it is subject to restrictions in modifications.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Manager2324, Manager at Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2010

This is a great review. It covers all aspects that make our property a great choice for visitors to Vancouver. As the reviewer states, we are a GREAT value for Downtown Vancouver! Our website will always show the best rate for our property and we guarantee that you won't find a lower rate on any other site. I am glad the review commented on the fact that we are a Heritage Building that has been recently renovated. Most guest's love the history of the building and enjoy seeing some of our Historical Photos showing the Hotel and surrounding area as far back as the early 1900's!!

Reviewed 25 October 2010

I arrived here from Vancouver Airport using the fantastic Vancouver Skytrain. The downtown station "Waterfront Station" is a short 5 minute walk to the hotel and is 2 blocks in total. The clerk that checked me in was very friendly and helpful and explained everything I needed to know about breakfast times and how to connect to the hotels free wifi. I stayed in the standard room and when I entered the room had a bit of a musty smell and was a bit humid. I opened the window and everything was fine after about 5 minutes. Besides that, the room was basic but very cosey. It has a very old school european feel and considering the cheap rates of the room it was very nice. The bath room was very clean and I had a small problem with the toilet that was solved within 5 minutes by house keeping. The bed was the stand out of the whole room. Considering this is a low end hotel, the bed was very comfortable with great pillows that just soak you up. I slept very well. The hotel provides free breakfast that is all laid out for you to take as much as you want buffet style. They provide 2 hot items (for example pankakes) and you can have all the coffee,juice, bagels, toast, fruit, ceral ect. Considering that its free with your room I had no complaints. The location is downtown and right on the edge of the popular Gas down area. Many tourist and shopping areas are with in a short stroll in any direction. The location of the hotel was the hands down winner and I was very happy. If you like pizza you will love the location as there is so many choices within a few minutes walk.

If you are after a budget option in a great area I would recomend this hotel to anyone. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank MacPark82
Manager2324, Manager at Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2010

Great review and thank you for the time you took to review us! Alot of great comments about our property within this review. As stated, our location can't be beat...very close to the skytrain stations that take you out to the Airport (YVR) and all over the city. With all of the positive comments in this review I would like to clarify that we are not considered a "low-end hotel". Every year we are inspected by Ramada Worldwide and consistently recieve some of the highest scores possible. We are considered to be one of the best mid-scale hotels in all of Downtown Vancouver. We invite everyone to come stay with us and enjoy these comfy beds mentioned in this review!

Reviewed 24 October 2010

Attending an event at the Convention Centre, we were looking for some better value accommodation than the luxury hotels just across the street from the venue. The Ramada Limited turned out to be a good choice. Only a few blocks' walk and an ok standard. Rooms are nothing fancy and the bathroom could have impressed more, but you get what you pay for.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

The biggest downside was that the breakfast room was so small that it got really crowded during "rush hour" and one day, I even had to skip the hotel breakfast one day because I didn't have the time to queue.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing our property! As stated in this review, we are a great option for anyone coming to town for an event at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Many of the hotels surrounding the Convention Centre can be very costly and we offer guests an affordable option in a great location. Our staff work very hard to make you feel welcome and are happy to help with any questions that you may have. As stated in this review, our Breakfast room can get busy at the peak times when the hotel is full, but for the most part our staff do a great job keeping the items stocked and the tables cleared.

Reviewed 21 October 2010

This hotel was all we hoped for during our six days in Vancouver. It was value for money when you consider how much other hotels in town are charging.
Our room was north facing on floor 6, quiet and functional, with two comfortable queen beds and reasonably furnished. It was not as small as some reviewers suggest but we do know that if you are unhappy about a smaller room you will readily be moved if an alternative room is available.
Neither did we experience unpleasant smells mentioned by one or two reviewers. In fact, the bedroom and bathroom were pleasantly clean and fresh.
The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly, from those on reception to the breakfast staff and house-keeping. Nothing was too much trouble.

It is worth mentioning that the breakfast room is smaller than you would hope from a hotel this size and although it can be crowded at certain times the staff work cheerfully under sometimes difficult conditions.

As for homeless people around W. Pender Street, this is by no means the only area of Vancouver where they wander and we didn't feel threatened.

In all, a good stay from 6-13 October and we'd be happy to go again. John & Christine.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

This is a fabulos review. Reviewer has covered all aspects that make us such a great choice for anyone coming into Vancouver. From the service of all our staff members to the room size, cleanliness and location. This review has one very important and simple comment that will ensure you enjoy your time in any hotel...if there is something that you are unhappy about, please let us know right away so that we can make it right, we are happy to do so, just give us the chance!

Reviewed 20 October 2010

Me and my wife stayed at the Ramada Limited Downtown hotel for almost two weeks. Just before our trip we read a few bad reviews here about the hotel and we got worried, but fortunately our fears were unfounded. The hotel turned out to be a very good one and I have to say we were very pleased with our hotel choice.

First of all, the location is perfect! Everything is a short walk away, and the homeless people around the area didn't bother us because they weren't dangerous at all. Secondly, the staff was super nice all the time and every one of them from reception to house-keeping did their jobs well. When we needed help or information, we got it right away. Our room was very clean too, and there were no nasty smells or anything like some other reviewers claim to have experienced (which is really hard to believe).

My only complaint is that the breakfast room is way too small! It's almost always so crowded and it was hard to enjoy our breakfast there. The breakfast itself, however, was more than satisfactory. It was great to start our days with full stomaches.

Overall, if we come back to Vancouver someday, I would definitely re-book here. You cannot get a better location or friendlier staff in anywhere else, I'm quite certain of that. Highly recommended.