“nothing special”

Ranked #44 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Victoria, Canada
“nothing special”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

nothing bad to say...but nothing good either
the hotel was well kept, staff was friendly, price was fair but a little on the higher side
no pool, no gym, and no view on the back half of the hotel (unless you like looking at parking lots)

Room Tip: try to get a room on the left side of the hall (faces the mountains/Broadway)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank barcelonalova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Nine Mile River, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Nice room with balcony to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. Friendly staff. Microwave and bar fridge convenient. I liked that the bathroom in seperate area than bed. King size bed was pretty comfortable as well as pillows. Great location and easy access to local transit and plenty of shops and restaurants in area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SherrySwirl
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Quite often we travel to Vancouver to visit family and/or friend in the Broadway/Hospital area. We have stayed at the Park Inn Suites several times in the last few years and never been disappointed. It is a great hotel for the price and we usually try to book the north facing rooms with the view of the city and mountains. We usually take advantage of the great breakfast cafe and have always had great meals and service. The rooms have been great, always clean and comfortable with free wi-fi, etc. Naturally being on Broadway street it can be a little noisy in the mornings but that should be expected; not too bad if you stay on the upper 2-3 floors and quieter on the back but you don't have the great view. Great value for the $$.

Room Tip: See above, great views of the city and mountains on the north side but quieter in the mornings on th...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank WindylindyOttawa
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I had some time to kill so I stayed one night here before my flight. My impressions are mixed at first I saw the sign for the hotel but almost didn't see it in the cut. As I was being checked in a guy who was already staying there was standing next to me with tattoos all over his neck, wearing all black and looking questionable but it's a small lobby so there really wasn't too many places left to stand. I guess what was making me uncomfortable is that as I was being checked in the clerk was calling out my room number over the radio to the cleaning staff to see if it was ready which it wasn't so she then announced my new room number. I'm sure she did it without thinking but as I am a woman traveling by myself I would have preferred her to just write it down and give it to me. There's only one elevator so don't be in a hurry or take the stairs. Turns out the guy was very pleasant as we had to ride together on the only elevator.  I am a gold member so I was upgraded to a room with a view which was nice. I was also given a plate of delicious cookies and water. The bed was a little firm for me but the pillows were fluffy. I took some pictures of the view and my room-excuse the mess. Overall it was a good stay overnight, no real major complaints. My room was near  the elevator but it seemed like a quiet hotel. I didn't hear anything while I was there. The staff was also very nice but about an hour before I was leaving the Internet service kept going down.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Alisa C
Brooks, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed for 3 days for a little under $300.00. I felt I got good value for my money. The rooms are small and the bathroom very small, but all are immaculately clean. The bed is comfortable. The front desk staff, Chris in particular went out of his way to accommodate me on check in, and when I left my iphone charger in the room, Githa was most efficient at getting it back to me, and she followed up a few days later to make sure everything was good. It is that kind of service that I appreciate and because of the service I will return. Location is about 4 blocks from the skytrain, an easy flat walk. The only downside is the door to the hallway has about a 2 cm gap at the bottom which allows a lot of hallway noise to come into the room. This is quickly remedied by rolling up a bath towel and plugging the space :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank antevarum
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear antevarum,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass your comments on to our staff. We hope you enjoyed your time in Vancouver. Thank you for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Park Inn & Suites on Broadway
MARSH LAKE
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We frequently stay here when we need to be on this side when visiting Vancouver. Rooms are good, balconies are nice. Lots of road noise tho. Good value, comfy beds. Lots of places to eat nearby. Don't eat at the hotel! Worst meal ever.

Room Tip: Away from elevators. King rooms are better
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank L S
Dear LS,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the meal you received. We will make sure that we pass this feedback on to our staff.. We value guest feedback because it allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Park Inn and Suites on Broadway
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Holy moly, the morning cleaning staff are incredibly loud. I fell in love with the beds here, the pillows and the blankets were so comfortable but I couldn't stay asleep in the mornings. Staying with a dog will put you on the 1st floor & I'm not sure if housekeeping starts on the first floor but The Park Inn either needs to update their soundproofing or let the staff know that yelling in the hallway isn't entirely nesessary, especially early in the morning. I will be coming back to stay in the near future because of medical reasons & I absolutely loved the beds but could you PLEASE train morning cleaning staff to refrain from yelling in the hallways before 11am :)

The gummy bears were a nice treat (husband didn't even know because I snatched them up pretty quick)

The cable was okay, but definitely not clear.

I'd suggest using the coffee in the room than spending $2.50 for a coffee in the restaurant

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aurora2013154932
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Dear aurora2013154932,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are sorry for the noise from the housekeeping staff. We are very sorry. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Park Inn & Suites on Broadway