“Addictive!”

Ranked #15 of 3,942 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Gastown
Description: We make sandwiches that are high quality, of good value, and prepared with skill as well as heart. The essence of our food simple, fast, delicious is the foundation of Meat & Bread. Our first shop opened its doors in 2010 in the historic Gastown neighbourhood of Vancouver, Canada, and, since then, we have opened another shop in Vancouver as well as in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighbourhood and in downtown Calgary’s historic Grain Exchange building.
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

So glad tripadvisor led us to this place! It must be an essential stop whilst in Vancouver. Funky restaurant, fast and efficient service. The pork sandwich is one of the best I have ever eaten! Fresh, hot, beautifully cooked meat and crispy crackling! My wife also had the meatball sandwich which is also just as good! Yum

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Tucked away off West Hastings Street is this little sandwich joint. It was recommended to us by our guide on our Gourmet Food Tour and I didn't realise that it had been on a special Canadian edition of Diners, Drive-In's and Dives.

It only has two or three choices of sandwich, but it does those to the very highest quality. Usually my wife offers me a bite or asks me to finish hers off, but not this time.

Seek it out, you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have been wanting to try out for a long time but they are only open during the day...during the week and I don't work downtown anymore. I got there right in the middle of lunch and the line up was out the door. The line moved pretty quickly and there are a few sandwichs to select from so it is easy. The people at the counter are friendly...but they seem a bit disorganized...they use a sort of assembly line model but when I went through there were 3 or 4 of us waiting for our sandwichs while there was no one making any sandwichs. I eventually got it and went back to my office and it was AWESOME. I had the porchetta sandwich which I think is what made them as a restaurant...the cracklin on top makes it perfect.

If you are wandering Vancouver someday when visiting...I would highly recommend checking it out...they do have a veggie option on the menu as well.

PS. this was the Pender location.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

OK,
So we were told about this amazing place by our bus driver on the trip back from Whistler. He talked it up, a lot. So with a bit of trepidation we went there for lunch our first day in VC. Expectations exceeded, the sandwiches were amazing, the service great and the atmosphere in the reastraunt was friendly and full of happy munching people. The shared seatin encourages over lunch converasation, and a general happy atmosphere, we went back twice again in 5 days.....wish there was one at home in Brisbane. Do yourself and your tummy a favour go to Meat and bread.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you're looking for a high-end sandwich experience in a pleasant, refined environment, this is it. The sandwich I had was great, the beverage options were a nice touch. My team and I had a great lunch meeting: I would recommend the experience to you and yours.