“found out im very unflexible” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smile Thai Wellness Spa

Smile Thai Wellness Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Visiting Vancouver? Vacation, weekend break, visiting family or working holiday? Feeling tired or achy from a long flight or a long walk in the park or the seawall? We provide for you the Traditional Thai Massage, Relaxing Thai Aroma Oil Massage and Therapeutic Deep Tissue Massage, Thai Herbal Spa Treatments, Registered Massage Therapy (RMT) as well as Traditional Chinese Acupuncture. These are the alternative healing therapies that designed to restore your body and mind to full health, performed by our team of professional holistic therapists in Vancouver. Smile Thai Wellness Spa Vancouver is also the place for Couples Massage in Vancouver. Located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, close to the Westend & Yaletown and all major hotels in Vancouver, where you can relax and unwind in this oasis of serenity, friendly and warm atmosphere created by our therapists and surroundings. If you wish to improve your holistic health, manage your wellness lifestyle or try one of the best massages in Vancouver, book your appointment today.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Ko Chang, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“found out im very unflexible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had two massages done and enjoyed both. I liked the traditional massage more then my oil massage but both were good. Thum and Yod were very kind and i felt relaxed throughout the massages. Smells nice the second you walk in , a kind of citrus smell .

Not too pricey, relaxing, clean, quiet. Good to relieve some stress or treat a friend

Visited August 2013
1 Thank WorldLeeWanderer

Surrey, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Different kind of massage?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I didn't like my massage experience there, but it can be that I didn't know what exactly what I was going to receive. The staff were polite and the facility was nice and clean. It also smelled nice and it looked like a great place for relaxation. I knew I wasn't getting an RMT so I didn't expect to get from them what I get from my RMT. The therapist I had did a lot of things differently between two sides of my body. I know where my imbalances are, so I would understand if she had differed her techniques a little, but there were many things that she didn't do on one side of my body. She only popped my toes on one foot and not the other, on one hand she pulled 3 fingers, missing the pinky, and on the other hand she only pulled the pinky. On one arm she'd vigorously work the biceps area and she'd give it two stroke on the triceps area and be done. I tried to relax, as I was there for 90 min. But I couldn't! Then (maybe this is not just her), she would wipe the oil off my skin with a hot wet towel, then I would get cold immediately. I never had anybody wipe the oil off my skin, so I was kind of flummoxed about it, but it wasn't such a big issue, I just felt it was kinda bizarre. I would normally like a heavier pressure massage, but I didn't ask for it as I wanted this to be a relaxation massage, but around my neck, she really didn't do much. She was just rubbing my skin (and then wipe it off...). It wasn't a terrible experience, but I couldn't exactly relax, as I was left pondering "why didn't she do this on the other side????". It wasn't cheap, so I expect them to be at least thorough. They served a good cup of tea afterwards, though....but I wasn't sure if THAT was our "welcome drink", or the glass of water we got on arrival was...?

Visited May 2014
2 Thank KaridelCaribe
Wilmington, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best massage I have ever experienced.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

You must go here for a massage. Best massage ever. I was seen by Yod and she was highly trained and passionate about her work. The facility is relaxing and extremely quiet and clean.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Vanessa V
Vancouver, Canada
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 527 helpful votes
“Lovely little spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Walk in off of Richards past the inner garden, and follow the sound of water right to the very back (up a few steps) and turn right.
This is a small place that creates a relaxing atmosphere, but it is not a full service spa. The “welcome drink” is some water. The “facial treatment” is not much more than an application of a cleanser and a moisturizer. The fruit platter at the end of a “signature” package is nice (perfect mango). (I was not offered a home made dessert).
Go here for a competent massage from hard working, professional staff. The therapist provided some helpful tips. I imagine you could get a good Thai style massage here.
This is the first time I have ever had to pay for massage service before I arrived. I bought a certificate through the website and it was not an issue. It is reasonable value and less costly than fancy spas. (I give it 4 stars b/c it is closer to being a nicely decorated massage therapy clinic than a true spa.)

Visited April 2014
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Relaxing time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Highly recommanded! I had a 45mn-massage for the back/neck-shoulders by Bee: it was a relaxing time after 10hours in a plane! I feel alive again after this moment and the tea was excellent :)

Visited April 2014