“Outstanding food”

Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Gastown
Cross street: Water Street
Transit: Waterfront station is a 5 minute walk away connecting with the North shore Seabus, Skytrain, and West Coast Express. Buses run along Cordova St. just steps away from the front door.
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Set in the gas lamp district, this quaint establishment has a limited but sophisticated menu. 3 or 4 course meals are served at a nice tempo with an excellent wine selection. Definitely a seafood restaurant using a variety of species. The ambience was Parissien. Open windows with some sidewalk seating.

1  Thank Listen2Dad

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We ducked into this restaurant during a rainy day and found it to be our favorite dining experience in Vancouver. Our server, Rodney, was so much fun and knowledgeable about wine.
Their oysters are super fresh, the menu is priced fairly and loved the ambience. Definitely the best meal we had in Vancouver!

1  Thank theleftbank
Reviewed 24 July 2013

In July 2013 I ate at the Cork and Fin. I ordered their prix-fix three course menu with wine (~CAD 50) I ordered 3 Oysters Rockefeller something, raw scallops with plums and foie gras something, and rock fish something. The menu item titles were more elaborate but unless I unconsciously swallowed the fois gras on my first bite, it was not present. I was not in the mood to argue but I checked the menu on my way out.

This said, I covered the unpleasant part. The dinner itself was very pleasant. I was seated inside directly at the open window. Oyster were fine, but not extraordinary. (I should have ordered the 6 raw ones at an additional 3$ or so); the accompanying wine, champagne-type white wine, was fine. For the second course, except for the potentially missing goose liver, the combination of raw scallops and plums worked surprisingly well and the chosen rose was fine, although a little bit too much on the dry side. The rock fish in the third course was a tad too flaky, but the combination of some sort of red pepper/tomato puree, watercress, a small amount of fried root veggies and fish worked well. The Pinot Noir that accompanied the third course fit quite nice (and was a tad of a surprise, since I expected a white wine.)

Service was prompt and friendly, but not seamlessly perfect.

I think would go again, but with somewhat lower expectations. But it certainly beats any pub food by large margins,

1  Thank ErikaNew
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were in Vancouver after our cruise from Alaska, and were doing the sites of the town. For our last night meal before returning to the UK, we walked Gastown and stopped at the Cork & Fin. Rodders & Jonathan found a table straight away and advised on the menu.

We had a very good meal, better that those on the cruise(which should say something), excellent service and very nice people.

When we next visit Vancouver BC its on our list

Alec & Annette Berry London England

1  Thank Alec B
Reviewed 12 May 2013

A couple of friends were visiting from Victoria so we decided to do the Gastown crawl and one stop was at Cork & Fin to see Francis and enjoy the wine & food. We were able to get a table outside on a Friday nite as the sun was setting. Great people watching. Francis is always a great host. Loved the old music playing in the background. We had a bottle of wine, the salmon tartare and tuna tataki. Very tasty. All was enjoyable. We will be back again!

1  Thank JULOfrVan