“Food ok, Bad Service”

Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Gastown
Cross street: Water Street
Transit: Waterfront station is a 5 minute walk away connecting with the North shore Seabus, Skytrain, and West Coast Express. Buses run along Cordova St. just steps away from the front door.
Palling, Germany
“Food ok, Bad Service”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I must say I never heard of this restaurants before and i'm not sure i will come back.
The food was good but nothing new, nothing that would make me come back. The portion was very small, and expensive. The drink was also very expensive... $10 for a ceasar really? The service was very bad. The waitress was not very interested in helping us I think. She drop half a bottle of beer on the table and told us I will bring you another "sip" but never did. It was the birthday of one of us and we asked twice to have a piece of cake for her and she said I will ask and let you know... Never had the cake.

• Visited October 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“Good noisy wine bar with OK food”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Service was good, food was OK but certainly nothing to rave about. Nice atmosphere in an old building. The front of the restaurant is like a fun wine bar, noisy and lively. We were seated in the back corner which was OK except the table next to us was very noisy so difficult for our table to communicate.

vancouver island
“Great service, terrible salad”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have mixed feelings about my night out here. It's a beautiful restaurant and the atmosphere was lovely and the idea of the open windows to the street is cool. But the urine smell from the street was overwhelming. Not the restaurant's fault, but they probably should have had the windows closed. I wasn't overly hungry so I just ordered a salad - it was so disappointing. The dressing was essentially just oil with no flavour. And it was heavily salted - you don't expect to taste overwhelming salt in a salad but this was almost inedible. I had a bite of my friends dish and hers was very tasty. I would just avoid the waldorf salad. Our server was fantastic!

• Visited October 2013
Canada
“I won't return”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We arrived to a nearly empty restaurant and were asked if we had a reservation. When we advised that we didn't, there was a heavy sigh before we were led to a table in the corner near the window. Over the course of our meal, only a couple of other tables came in. We were all crammed in the corner, when the other side with the window, rest of the restaurant and upstairs was completely empty. It was a bit odd. A group of 5 was seated directly beside us, and they were so close that the man on the end had his chair back touching our table. Weird. The music was too loud as well, especially combined with the chatting from the tables in such close proximity.

My friend and I each ordered the 3 course menu. I really enjoyed the first two courses - beet salad and ricotta crostini. My main, mussels and fries was gigantic. I only ate a couple of the mussels because they tasted a bit off. I thought perhaps it was just the fennel in the sauce that was tasting a bit odd (it was combined with tomato, basil and cream), but sure enough I got sick later that night and on through the next day. Disappointing.

I won't be back.

Madison, West Virginia
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Set in the gas lamp district, this quaint establishment has a limited but sophisticated menu. 3 or 4 course meals are served at a nice tempo with an excellent wine selection. Definitely a seafood restaurant using a variety of species. The ambience was Parissien. Open windows with some sidewalk seating.

1 Thank Listen2Dad