“Good food and good cocktails”

Cinema Public House
Ranked #1,025 of 3,782 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Granville Street
Description: Cinema is ideally situated on one of the busiest corners in the historic Theatre Row section of Granville Street. A large herringbone-pattern tile spans the floor, leading to walls finished with brushed granite oak. The busy dining room, well lit by custom chandeliers, serves modern pub food, while the bar side has a mirrored drop ceiling and re-purposed desk lamps, achieving a cool, low-light atmosphere. Guests can select favourites from the jukebox while they play pinball or shuffleboard, or simply enjoy craft beer and cocktails at their leisure.
“Good food and good cocktails”
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went ate here after catching a movie down the street. I had the pub burger and we had several cocktails. The service was good and overall the food tasted great. It was a little pricey for what it was, but not too over he top. My only complaint is that it is very dimly lit insid. To the point where it was difficult to read the menu. Our waitress was very helpful and he lighting did not ruin our evening by any means. We had a good experience and would eat / drink here again.

• Visited May 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Good beer selection”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Been to this Cinema Public House a few times. The beer selection is good, the wings are great. Service is average, neither outstanding or bad.

Unfortunately one time when I was running a tab here, someone else's drinks got onto my tab, I didn't bother looking at the itemized receipt until I got home; wasn't going to bother going back to complain but it gave me a bad impression of the place so I won't run a tab any more but the wings and beer will bring me back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 998MichaelW998
Vancouver, Canada
“Not at all bad for a quick drink and snack”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Late lunch, mid-week. Almost empty. Server average - which in Vancouver is pretty good - house red 'off'! Asked for a replacement at the same price, after consultation with Manager agreed. First glass seemed a bit on the mean side but the next couple were poured properly from a full measure. Fish & Chips ($14) was greasy but perfectly edible, served with fries and tartar sauce. Not at all bad for a quick drink and snack.

Visited February 2013
Olympia WA
“Great time!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I dropped by after he got off work. We happened on $3.00 beers specials! We sat at the bar. The bartender and the service were great. We got heckled a little bit by a drunk Australian tourist at the bar, but it was all good. Good atmosphere, nice crowd. Good place for a snack and drink, off of the 'beaten path'. I would definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Linda S
Kelowna
“Poor service, slow”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stopped into this pub after a concert. At first it seemed nice, we were seated right away but from that moment on it went down hill.

A server came to our table after a few minutes and explained the drink specials...it was wine nite but they were out of a few types...no big deal. She left without taking the drink order. By then a second server came by and explained the exact same specials. We ordered 2 drinks and some nachos. 10 minutes later the server returns with one drink and to tell me that they were out of the wine that I wanted. Being a bit annoyed it took that long to return with the news, I ordered a Strongbow cider but nope, they atopped carrying that drink...take down your strongbow neon sign in the window! Third try, I finally found another drink. When the drinks returned to our table, our server then proceeded to ask if we were hungry... Remember those nachos that we ordered, ya, apparently not.

We stuck it out and got our nachos. Not impressed there either, a big expensive plate of plain nacho chips and very little of everything else.

All in all it was too much fuss when we were just looking for a quick snack after a fun concert.

3 Thank Robyn H