“Decent Breakast”

Ranked #50 of 198 Coffee & Tea in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Self-serve. Good & Healthy Menu. Friendly Staff. Fairly good value for the money. convenient place for a Sunday breakfast.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were staying at a hotel that was close by which had a very pricy breakfast menu so we went to Moonpennies instead. We ate here a number of morning and each time was good. It's not spectacular food but it is good and about half the price of hotel restaurant foods.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Potatoes were not cooked properly; bacon was mostly fat, coffee so-so...need I say more. Lots of better places to eat close by.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stopped in at moonpennies to see if they had breakfast a little better and cheaper than the what the hotels in the area sell, I did find it cheaper but not really better. They do have a fair variety which is nice but the standard fare of eggs, meat, hash and toast is close to the same as everywhere else, the advantage over my hotel was that this place was cheaper by far.

One thing they should do is put a sign over where to order, maybe saying something creative like: 'order here'. They have menus in the center of a series of counters along with a sign saying 'order at counter', being my first time there I had no idea of which of the counters I was to order at until directed by someone there (not the guy who was 5 feet from me and oblivious to the fact that I existed however). Turns out the counter to order at was blocked from my view by a pillar which is why I and some people after me I guess did not see it.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I went to Moonpennies for breakfast and got the 5.95 special and it was small portion which is to be expected for that price. The toast wasn't buttered and by the time we got the butter brought to us, the toast was cold and it didn't melt. My eggs were bright orange/red yolk which through me off and the bacon was almost burnt.

I didn't eat my toast as it was extremely dry and I left the eggs because of the color and the bacon because it was burnt however the hashbrowns were okay.

I went and got a coffee and a muffin instead and this tasted amazing! The baking that they have looked delicious and the coffee was nice to!

I definetly recommend it to get a coffee and bakery item but for breakfast, a huge no, atleast the breakfast special anyways.

1  Thank chipmunk88