“Its the Aroma that pulls you in”
Review of The Re-Up BBQ

The Re-Up BBQ
Ranked #1,710 of 3,948 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: (604) 724-0894 Hours: Mon-Sat 11 am - 3 pm
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went for lunch at the New Westminster Quay location. One order of pulled pork sandwich and one beef brisket sandwich with a side of coleslaw. Warned it would take 10 minutes to prepare and it did take the full 10. So, freshly made they were. Lots of meat, very tender and lean, tasty spicy sauce, decent bun. Good value for the money spent.

1  Thank Ted M

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have been to the New Westminster Quay location and tried their platter. I normally am pretty easy to please with bar-b-q but didn't find the plate of mixed bar-b-q as good as I had hoped. I think the quality and preparation is good. The service is friendly and very helpful staff but the taste as good as I hoped. I also thought the portion was not on par with the cost which made it even less likely I would give it another shot.
It does seem to do well and I have heard others rave about it so maybe it is just my taste buds and others disagree. I do want to see the Quay do well and I like the idea of bar-b-q at this location.

1  Thank Canuck4theRoad
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The smell drew our family of 5 in, the taste will forever be bringing us back!! Tasty down home BBQ cooking.

1  Thank SeattleMomOfThree_11
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The Re-Up BBQ is a food truck located on the public grounds of the Vancouver Art Gallery. The food truck has successfully made its return after being away due to the occupation of the public grounds of the Art Gallery due to the "Occupy Vancouver" protest.

Having returned, the menu of the food truck has expanded from its BBQ pulled pork sandwiches to include now Beef Brisket and BBQ Ribs. Very tasty!

2  Thank androidmilf
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My foodie friends and I have been talking all winter about the beginning of food cart season and in particular, the return of The Re-Up BBQ food cart. The meat is so tender, the sauce is so tasty and the southern ice tea so refreshing that my mouth is watering just writing this. While the beef brisket is tasty, it has nothing on the pulled pork sandwich. That sandwich is a rodeo in your mouth, without the bull.

I live close to their location in New Westminster, but I refrain from going too often because I feel that it will cheapen my food cart experience when the time comes. Granted, there are other dishes to try, but I am faithful to the pulled pork (except that one time I tried the brisket, but that was strictly for comparison purposes).

Luckily, there are so many new food carts around that real foodies have stopped lining up for this one in favour of ones they haven't tried. Less time for me to wait for my little piece of food heaven.

1  Thank Ms_Missy