“useful way to get luggage to airport”
Review of Big Pink Sightseeing - CLOSED

Big Pink Sightseeing
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring 1960's vintage London double deckers and open-topped vehicles we are a part of Gray Line Vancouver. We are proud to support the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation in their research and efforts to stop cancer. The Gray Line of Vancouver Franchise is operated by West Coast Sightseeing Ltd., Vancouver's most experienced tour company with over 30 years in the business. We know Sightseeing and we know you will enjoy it.
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Used service at end of HAL cruise. Cruise tour desk had made sure we had all the paper work filled in, but lots of other people were trying to do it in the queue which quickly became very long: have more staff please! The process is fairly straight forward. At airport it was not easy to find storage and again they did not have enough staff to cope! In Vancouver we were disappointed that the tour was not going through Stanley Park: should have been told before we got on I feel. When we hopped off we found it very hard to get back on. As it was raining no one was getting off so after waiting 15 minutes the bus that turned up was full, so we gave up and walked! On reflection we should have stayed on bus all the way round and then stared to hop on hop off. However later buses seemed to have plenty of space. Staff are friendly and helpful. Buses do seem to be old and slow and stop at a lot of hotels.

2  Thank keepitupLiverpoolUK

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was disappointed, expecting the same hop-on/hop-off experience as in London, Paris, etc. Instead, the Big Pink Bus/Blue Bus stops at a lot of hotels looking for passengers among their other stops. No doubt the bus company is compensated so that the hotels can advertise themselves as a stop.
The buses are old, and the seats are small - two adults are cramped sitting together. We were packed like sardines. Our bus' engine and transmission strain nosily and and produce a lot of smoky exhaust. Was not sure it would make it up the next hill. We were on two different buses, and the speaker system on the first one was not very good.
It was a Sunday and we were spending a lot of time sitting at stoplights and in heavy traffic. We only had the day to spend in Vancouver after getting off a cruise ship and catching a red-eye flight home, so we finally just got off near Chinatown and walked to Gastown.
I'd recommend someone considering the buses review the bus literature first to see their stops, and also see the buses themselves before deciding to us them.
I found the bus personnel friendly, helpful, and informative.
Sorry, I cannot offer a better alternative to touring Vancouver.

1  Thank RDFarr
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I was a little nervous about using the bus as I am slightly disabled and use a folding four frame with wheels (a "walker") to help me walk around. I need not have worried because while my husband helped me get on and off the driver's assistant carried the walker. At each stop space was found in the bus for walker.

I've read xz/84m's bad review about using this experience on a wet day. All I can say is ours was completely different and I don't think it was just because we had good weather. We needed something to do to fill the time between disembarking our cruise ship at 8.15am and our flight home at 6.30pm, without our luggage. We bought the tickets on the ship, collected our cases and took them to the Big Pink stand in the terminal where we handed them over and were informed we could collect them at the airport at 4pm. As part of the package we had a map of the city and a ticket for the skytrain to the airport.

The driver was also the tour guide and he was informative and funny. We went around Stanley Park before getting off for the first time at Granville Island. Our second stop was Chinatown and we walked from there to Gastown before catching the skytrain.

On arrival at the airport we went to the Big Pink stand in the terminal to collect our luggage. There was a very short queue which moved quickly due to the efficient service. We handed over our receipt and collected our suitcases. They were already loaded onto a trolley for us so all we had to do then was get to check-in.

From start to finish the organisation was seamless. The only reason I am not giving this an 'excellent' score is because I think it might not be so nice in the rain.

3  Thank whereami021
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Booked this through the clowns at Princess Cruise Lines. Should have been a warning. Standing in the rain and up pulls a pile of junk school bus with the roof cut off. This thing wouldn't pass a safety check in Mongolia. Got to sit on wet seats exposed to the rain. The automated tour guide didn't work so we drove around in silence. Had to get off and wait for another bus because we were soaked. The next bus was slightly more modern but the driver could barely speak English. Sat for 15 minutes while he did some paper work, nearly missed our train to the airport. Never did see any big pink buses or much of Vancouver.

1  Thank xzj84m
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The tour was fine - good basic overview of Vancouver. We had some issues that were not the fault of Big Pink Sightseeing, and I was very impressed with their concern and dedication in helping my husband and me resolve the problem. We didn't do any 'hop on/hop off' but took the 1.5 hour tour from Canada Place back to Canade Place, as we had some time between our cruise docking and flight home. Each person associated with the Big Pink tour was professional and courteous, and went out of their way to help us.