“Just enough for the money”

Sandman Hotel Vancouver City Centre
Ranked #69 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here for a football game, concert weekend. The deal with tickets, room and parking was very good. It was a busy weekend at the end of the summer with tourists still coming and
going. The elevators at certain times were very slow. The room was clean, and it was nice to see
the upgrades. Moxies for breakfast was quick and it is a popular place pre game. I stay here for
work and location is the best.

There are newer reviews for Sandman Hotel Vancouver City Centre

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel in Vancouver. We had a very pleasant room tastefully decorated. We were on the 9th floor however the lift is so fast it only takes a few seconds to get there! The location is great for exploring the city. When we booked the hotel in April the price was discounted so this was very good value. We used the Hop on - Hop off bus to see the sights which is an excellent way to see the city. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. We had to leave early to get the ferry to Victoria so we used the express check out. We would stay in this hotel again.

1  Thank CurlywhirlyGodalming
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I previously reviewed this hotel. I loved it then, love it more now. Here's why.

Due to a territory re-alignment at my job I had last stayed here in 2011. Now I've been shifted back and I'm going to be a regular again especially after tonight.

After a long day of budget meetings in Vernon and a long drive to Vancouver today I got in around 9pm.

I walked up to the counter and the two fellows behind the counter recognized me immediately and I recognized them. It was like a reunion between friends. They were genuinely happy to see me and they thanked me for coming back. I gave them one of my filled out Lucky 13 cards and they upgraded me to a beautiful suite and gave me a gift back with a bit of swag and a thoughtful Welcome Back! card in it. The room they put me in is top notch.

About the room - WOW! They have totally reonovated since I was here last. All new furniture, carpets,wall and window coverings, all new lighting, thoughtful lamps with electrical outlets in them both sides of the King bed. All new artwork, bathroom fixtures and finishing. The entire suite is completely refreshed and looks like it was designed and built this year.

As usual the lobby is beautiful the restaurant service and food from Moxie's here is better than any Moxie's I've been in for a while.

I drive a pretty high pickup truck and they accomodated me immediately with an overheight parking pass to park beside the breezeway lobby entrance.

I'm so happy to be back here. I already booked a week in October for business meetings.

I love these guys. Thanks for making me feel at home!

Room Tip: I always ask for the south tower.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BCGrog
Reviewed 18 September 2013

After we had a rather unimpressive stay at the Sandman hotel in downtown Calgary, we were not looking forward to stay in their sister hotel in Vancouver. But boy, were were shocked and pleasantly surprised how nice the Sandman Hotel Vancouver City Centre is.

The hotel is very well located and it is within walking distance to most of the restaurants and attractions in downtown Vancouver. There is also a metro station nearby.

Whilst the Sandman in central Calgary had dated furnishings and decor, the Sandman in Vancouver was clean and well-maintained. The air condition was quiet but very effective, the beds had cleansheets, the carpet looked clean, walls looked fresh and bathroom was clean. If we remember correctly, they had a big tv screen and its reception was very good too (many hotels in Western Canada did not have good TV reception, we discovered).

It was also a nice bonus too that the room had a fantastic view of downtown vancouver.

We will certainly come to stay here again if we ever visit Vancouver in future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sealandandsky
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Clean tidy room, although a little dated. Friendly and efficient staff. They need more people on the front desk when they are under pressure with guests checking in and out. Restaurant extremely good. Pity they do not offer a shuttle to and from the airport which is far away from the City

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tonylast47
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Very clean spacious room with two comfortable double beds in twin room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice and central and about 35 Canadian Dollars in cab from airport and about 13 Dollars right to cruise terminal. Has a restaurant also so handy for late arrival.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to avoid early morning traffic noise
1  Thank Rodeway
Reviewed 14 September 2013

our stay started off badly, we had booked twin room and the hotel voucher clearly showed this yet they booked our room as a double, as we arrived around 6pm they had to give us another room which was appauling on the 3rd floor with windows that looked straight onto a concrete wall. had to accept this for the first night. next morning went and complained and got given a room on the 11th floor and could see the water front between the tower blocks. room was huge. first room had fridge second room didn't. bathroom was ok. not far from the science centre place and the skytrain stop. also the trolley bus stops outside. easy walking distance to other attractions and places to eat. wifi was free which was good. pool was good not very warm though!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends