Sandman Hotel Vancouver City Centre
Book now, pay at stay
US$396
US$336
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$312
  • Breakfast included
US$371
US$347
Suttonplace.com
  • Restaurant
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/06
Orbitz.com
US$548
US$411
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$489/night.

1,370 results
All reviewsrogers arenabc placequeen elizabeth theatretravel agentking roomcoffee makerstanley parkgranville islandgastownskytraincruisewaterfront
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here one night while attending a company function. Had a King room in the Corporate Tower (these seem to be the newer rooms). Although the room was right near the elevator and the hotel was almost full, we heard no noise. Room was clean, bathroom was clean and everything was functional. Try to get a room in the Corporate Tower on a higher floor so you can get a bit of a view. $18/night parking is below the hotel behind a gate. Good location if you are attending an event at BC Place or Rogers Arena. Casino is also nearby. Downtown main shopping area is just a block or two away.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Corporate Tower and ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank LetsGetGone
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed here in October during a west coast trip with my partner.

The hotel is great value and has a sports bar/restaurant called Moxeys(I think attached to it which sells great burgers and seems to show an endless array of sport at all times of day!

When we stayed here we were told it would be very busy 'with drunks walking the corridor' as the Canucks were playing, but this was not the case. The hotel was quiet and both nights we stayed here we slept very well.

TIP - Try the Pourhouse for food and wine in Gastown - it is absolutely superb. We did a day trip to Grouse Mountain on public transport(boat and bus) and it was really quick and cheap.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I last reviewed this hotel in January 2012, and this review covers my third visit (12 nights) since then, totalling some 30 nights, so I know the place well. I also used this hotel on other holidays from the UK since 2002. This time I occupied a large room on Floor 9 of the South Tower, which is the better part of the hotel. In particular, there are two elevators (lifts) which serve fewer rooms than those in the main block.
A failed lamp in one of the ceiling lights was immediately put right after I reported it. The result of my "sofa test" (looking under and behind the furniture to look for dirt and dust) was a high Pass mark, though a vacuum clean was needed under the sofa-bed which is too well-built and heavy for some female staff to move, so I lifted it in the presence of the housekeeper. Result: everyone pleased, a perfectly clean room scoring 100% !
The huge comfortable "king" bed was perfect, as on previous visits, and the bed linen was changed every couple of days or so. There were ample clean white towels for me and my partner. There was ample constant hot water.
The small fridge was sufficient for my "self catering" arrangements, whereby I keep milk, bread, cold cooked meat and fruit for some meals in the room.
Regarding the associated restaurant "Moxies", and as seen from the perspective of a British visitor, I found this to be completely unsatisfactory (see my Review of this separately), particularly in terms of seating, prices and the compulsory 15% service charge for unexceptional ordinary service. I have previously used the other associated catering facility, the ground-floor sports bar, and I was similarly disappointed. The hotel lacks anything favourably comparable with the catering I recently experienced at a Holiday Inn Express in the UK, or even with the breakfasts at the excellent Sandman Signature in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Therefore my overall rating here can never be "Excellent" until a decent breakfast bar and coffee shop or café is brought in, and I will continue with self-catering or go out for meals on my future visits.
The swimming pool is still excellent (we used it on most days, often just us there), and the hotel is of course still perfectly located for public transport (called "transit" locally). This time we made our way back to the airport, with heavy luggage, on the Number 17 bus ("Oak" on the destination display) which stops over the road (Cambie Street) and changed to Canada Line train where the bus terminates at Marine station - easy !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed there for a function from November 14 to the 18th. I did not book this room and I would NOT have stayed given the choice. As we were not paying for it we had no choice.

Checked in after some confusion and went to my room which I was sharing with another fellow from my team. While waiting for him I noticed something hanging from the fire alarm in the room. Upon closer inspection I realized it was a condom. I understand this might have been a practical joke from the previous guest (I hoped) but certainly housekeeping should have found it.

The response (lack thereof) of the hotel is what really caused me to write this review.

I called down to the front desk to inform them about the situation and was told they would send someone up to have a look. I waited 15 minutes and heard a knock on the door...to my surprise it was my roommate and NOT anyone from the hotel. After calling again and waiting another 10 or so minutes with no response we decided to go down to the front desk. We informed the front desk agent about the situation and he sort of rolled his eyes and said someone would be there to check (roughly 45 minutes after the initial call) but he did offer to change rooms for us.

Now our original room was at a group rate and we assumed that we would be getting the same rate at least for our new room (which was identical to the original one). WRONG. We got charged almost double the price all for the privilege of moving from the room which had a condom hanging in it.

To this day I have no idea if anyone ever bothered to take down that condom.

In short I will never stay here again. Even if I am here for a function that is paid by someone else, I will pay for my own room and stay elsewhere and commute to the hotel if I have to.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Chazz66
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago when we were in Vancouver for a wedding and we had so much fun we decided to go back for a week this November as our daughter was off school. SUCH a good location...within walking distance to shopping, Gastown, waterfront and really close to Granville Island and the Science Center. There is a MOXIE'S right in the hotel that was redone for the Winter Olympics...lovely ambience and the food is delicious! Clean rooms, comfortable beds, we just really settled in for the week. The hotel had been undergoing lobby renovations 2 years ago and they did a great job! And the best thing...the price to stay downtown Vancouver was just $84.00 a night which I found on Expedia. Parking was reasonable at $18 per day and $10 for our little dog. Pretty good deal! We used the indoor pool and hot tub every day and originally booked it for that reason. A lot of the more expensive downtown Vancouver hotels have outdoor pools or none. Staff were friendly and helpful...we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms facing Georgia Street, a little noisy. On the back side, not so nice of view but quieter. Also in that area, our corner room 2 years ago was so interesting, bigger room, bigger bathroom. The standard 2 queen rooms are smaller but cozy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family