“No complaints”

Ranked #67 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Leeds, United Kingdom
“No complaints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at the Sandman 9 nights in April 2014, 9 th floor convention tower.
Having read the reviews I was slightly worried, but had no choice as it was booked for me by my travel agent.
This was my experience;
The reception staff were consistently polite and very helpful made phone calls to sort out problems I had with onward travel arrangements.
The room (single with queen size bed) was clean, the bed comfortable, the view wasn't stunning, but then I didn't expect it to be given the location of the hotel. I slept really well, I was near the lift, but it wasn't noisy.
The housekeeping was faultless
The bathroom was small, clean and perfectly adequate there was constant hot water for bathing and showers.
The room was constantly supplied with fresh coffee , tea, complimentary shampoo/ conditioner, shower gel and body lotion.
The wifi was free and appeared to work perfectly fine to browse social networks and send emails.
There was a phone, flat screen TV,iron ,ironing board, full size hair dryer, coffee maker and an efficient air conditioner that I was able to set to my own preference
The pool was clean, with plenty of clean towels, it was well heated, ideal for relaxing and leisure swimming and ideal for families with younger children.
This is a good hotel at a good price in a good location for exploring Vancouver.
I have paid more per night at English travel lodges that provide absolutely nothing...my only conclusion is that there is a lot whinging folks out there who expect 5 star luxury at a budget price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank beerlover99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Cambridge, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was referred to this hotel when the sandman in Surrey mistakenly made my reservation for August instead of April. The hotel in Vancouver was much smaller than I was originally promised and the room was not sound proofed. The neighbours and the elevator were loud. I asked the manager by email to act in good faith and charge the rate I was quoted for the Surrey location. I heard nothing back
Peter Noonan

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Only got 2/5 because of location. I picked the hotel because of its convenient location and reasonable price. The room was fine. The bed was fine. There was a tag from some clothing that housekeeping had missed cleaning, but in all the room was fine. Check in was fine, but slow. This hotel seems to attract a party crowd. Combined with the paper thin walls, the echoing hallways and the constant slamming of doors there was little chance for sleep. Walls were so thin I could hear the man in the room next door take a pee. Next door had a party to get drunk before hitting the clubs. Management sent someone up to ask them to be quiet; however there was no follow up and when I called the front desk again to request that they speak with the people in the party room, there was no answer at the front desk. By the time the party next door stopped, other drunken revelers were loudly returning to their rooms. This hotel S-U-C-K-E-D!!!! don't waste your money. You'll get more sleep at the McDonalds around the corner.

Room Tip: Here's a tip: Bring earplugs or Book Elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank R W
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our room was a decent size, however you could hear everything through the walls. We also found that the duna was made of slippery material so all night you wake up cold as it has slipped off. Ask for a room that is not next to the vending and ice machines.
Great location, close to shops and public transport.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janet-Terry
kegs605
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The room was to small, elevator slow, the location was good, walking distance to downtown and of course right across the street from the arena, we should of been offered an upgrade as the room was no bigger then my walk in closet.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank kegs605
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I arrived at the hotel during rush hour for a concert that evening. The front desk did not have enough personnel on to accommodate everyone that was arriving. After a long wait, we were given our keys and wrong directions to the underground parking. We ended up back on the main street which was a one way. We got back to the hotel and a homeless man took us to the proper place for a fee. I would not recommend bringing your car if you do not need it. The parking underground is scarey. The hotel room was nice, but small. Beaufiful view from our 10th floor. Was close to GM place and just across the street from Queen Elizabeth Theatre where the concert was. There is no free breakfast, so be prepared to pay alot for breakfast. Moxies is in the hotel. It was quite confusing using the elevators. There is a car elevator that only took you to the underground. To get to the pool, you have to press one elevator to go down and then jump out and press the other one to go up to get to the pool. The pool was okay. Not very clean. We were sent on a wild goose chase looking for juice for the kids. Was close to Science world.

Room Tip: Take a room as high as you can. Less noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NavygirlComox
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Went to Vancouver for a mini holiday, and didn't want to spend too much money on the hotel as we were only in town for a few days over a weekend. Great price called us, however the pictures were misleading. I think if you want to stay in one of the pictured suites like on their website, you will need to pay more.
The suite we got had a view of the parking lot, it had a kitchen, and living area and a queen bed in the bedroom. But, big but..it was very dated although clean.
The elevators were very, very slow and they tended to cater to the top floors (we were on the 4th floor) and we had to press up, then wait for it to go down). It had cheap parking so that helps if you have a car with you, and I noticed it was dog friendly. Because of the location on Davie St we walked to the restaurants, and we suggest dining at the Greek place a few doors away fr the one with the constant line. Food was awesome and plenty so we heated up left-overs for the next day in our kitchen.
If you are sleeping in the bedroom you will not hear the elevators directly across your door, maybe just the annoying drunkards outside, lol.

All in all, for the value and location 2 thumbs up! For the looks of the lower suites, they really, really need a makeover.

• Stayed April 2014