“Exactly what we were looking for!”

The Oakwood Canadian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oakwood Canadian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 3,776 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
Cross street: MacDonald
Transit: Bus stops within a block
Toronto
“Exactly what we were looking for!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We are always looking for amazing and creative food served in casual, energetic, and hip spaces and Oakwood fits the bill. The food is incredibly well done. Familiar foods that are elevated to the point that at every bite I was saying "wow". Most of the tables are high tops, but not all. The music is modern and appropriately loud. There is energy in the room but not too loud. The wine list is good. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ABfromTOR

Whistler, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We came for a quick bite, the food was spectacular to say the least. Service was really good, It's not very often I ask for Perrier and get something even better, freshly made carbonated water. Falls in line with all the fresh ingredients used! The ambience was the topping in the cake, absolutely lovely. A must go, I'll be telling everyone about this place.

1 Thank Julia770
Vancouver, BC
“Trendy hipsterish joint in Kits.”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

A menu sourced locally and very tasty. Service was superb with knowledgable staff and very friendly. Never felt rushed despite the crowds waiting to be seated.
Will go back for sure!

• Visited November 2012
North Vancouver, Canada
“Can I give this 8 out of 5 stars?”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The Oakwood is the first and only place where I woke up the next morning with a food hangover. And that's a good thing. I don't understand how there was physically room in our stomachs for everything we ate. We had insanely good beef tartare, mussels in the most succulent broth I've ever had, a rich yet tart warm kale salad, the lightest fried octopus with a fabulous bacon aioli. The desserts are phenomenal, too. The lemon meringue pie mason jar was so refreshing because it was so tart, it balanced out all the meat and butter we had just devoured.

I try to go any chance I get- birthdays, anniversaries, hockey games (sitting at the bar and enjoying one of their beers on tap is always a good time), friend nights out, anything. The staff are knowledgeable and genuinely proud of the food that comes out of the kitchen.

The Oakwood really is the epitome of a Canadian Bistro, and I really hope people go see them again and again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank cahcak
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

The first time I visited I tried the poutine and it was delicious.

I had to visit again a couple of days later and tried the burger which was the tastiest burgee so far.. not to forget the chocolate beer !!

Suggested stop..