Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
US$329
Opus Hotel
US$329
  • Pool
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$282
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Sands(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$105
US$542
Cancelon
3,490 results
All reviewsgold floorgrand old hotelpresidents clubconcierge deskclassic hotelart gallerybeautiful hotelmini barthe heart of the citypacific rimcentral locationrobson streetstanley parknotch8loungedowntownconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I love the old Canadian railway hotels which are now under the Fairmont Hotel banner across Canada. The Hotel Vancouver is a fantastic place to stay and has been a favorite for myself and my family for over 15 years. The public spaces (lobby, bar, etc.) are grand without being fussy. Many of the staff have been at the hotel for years. The gym and pool are great. The rooms are constantly updated without losing thier historical charm. The location is fantastic and walking distance to everything in central Vancouver.

Why would you stay anywhere else?

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We normally do not stay at more luxery hotels but this location and a specialer rate were to good to pass on. We received an upgrade to a corner room on the 12th floor with a grand view and it haqppened to be the 10k sun run weekend. What a sight. Wonderful bar and bar menu. A little pricey but decant portions. As hockey fans it was cool to be in that city. Many snack and dining spots nearby. Good for walking and people watching. Then there were the dogs; Beau and Mavis. If you have pets traveling without them is hard. Their wagging tails were a daily welcome sight.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2011

For $200+ a night, I'm not sure this hotel cuts the mustard. Our room was understocked and way too warm (you could only lower the temp. to 65, which is plenty cool. But it never got down to 65 in there). Internet connect was $16/day extra, which is ridiculous. And at one point during our stay, I got off the elevator on the 2nd floor and instantly started choking/gagging. Turns out, the area had been maced! When I told the front desk person, she was decidedly nonplussed (a woman who has clearly never been maced). I didn't expect anything more than a little concern and perhaps a promise to get that area cleared out asap. But all I got was, "Oh yeah, I heard that had happened."

I don't know... it wasn't a horrible stay, not by any means. And in fact, the concierges were fantastic. But for that kind of money, you expect a little more. I won't go back. Next time, I'll try the Hyatt.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
HotelVancouver, Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

Thank you for the note relative to your recent stay at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Let me begin by apologizing for your encounter with the problem we had with a vandal spraying mace on the 2nd floor. This was certainly an isolated incident and we are very concerned it happened. Even more so I would like to apologize for the poor response from our Guest Service Agent. That is never a sanctioned action. Along with my leadership team we will be addressing both issues.

I thank you again, for your post and feedback. It is through constructive notes such are yours that we are better able to monitor the operation and make positive adjustments. We value your business and do hope you will let us have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Mark Andrew

Reviewed 31 March 2011

The Fairmont Vancouver is a classic old hotel that is rich in history. I had an outstanding stay there recently and would highly recommend it for a businesss or leisure trip. Great staff and beautiful building make for a great combo. Like many hotels, the doors open and shut very loudly in the hallways, so you might have a little trouble sleeping in if you hope to do that. Otherwise, an excellent spot.

Room Tip: Away from elevators at the end of a hallway
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel for a conference this last february. Due to a back condition I take my own pillow with me for these trips. Unfortunately, I left my pillow behind after checking out and didn't notice until I returned home in Victoria. We contacted the hotel and they found the pillow and were to ship it out to our address but after several weeks it never arrived. During this time I was sent a survey asking how my trip was. I explained about the pillow section and within minutes received an email back from the Director of Housekeeping (Paul Kingsbury) informing me that if my pillow did not arrive soon they would send a new pillow out at their expense. They sent a very luxurious Xanadu pillow shortly after. Talk about great customer service!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business