“A great stay-vacation”

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #31 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
“A great stay-vacation”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

It was my husband's birthday and we decided to have a staycation. I was just finishing a night shift and decided to confirm our reservation. The staff at the front desk were wonderful. Not only did they allow us an early check-in but we were given an upgrade as well. The room was amazing and the bed was one of the most comfortable we have slept in. After an afternoon of wandering along the seawall we returned to our suite and we're greeted with a delightful plate of fruit and birthday cake. We had planned on a dinner out but were so comfortable and happy in our room we never left until morning. I am now planning to stay in more of the historic Fairmont's Castle Hotels.

Room Tip: The hotel location is excellent but there is no clear view of the North Shore Mountains.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We just enjoyed our 2nd stay here, this time at the end of a 7 week world trip for the occasion of my 50th birthday. We had a suite for a family of 4 and it felt roomier than some of the 2 bedroom places we stayed in other major cities. There are things I just adore about this hotel which can't be replicated by the newer, more modern hotels in Vancouver. I love walking down the long, majestic corridors to get to my room; I love the grand lobby bar downstairs where my husband and I would share gin and tonics while the kids lolled about upstairs quite happily watching TV; I love the friendly service from everyone including the guys painting the rooms down the hall, to the room service and cleaning staff. I love staying in a building with an interesting history as it makes me go find out more about Vancouver and how it became the city it is today. Most of all, I just love a hotel that has 2 Labradors as ambassadors - for my birthday, we even had a special in room visit from Mavis which has made for some great memories. I have only one little gripe - we just travelled through Hong Kong, London, Paris, Zurich, New York and Whistler, and ONLY at the Fairmont did we get charged for in room WiFi ($15!). We fixed this by joining the Presidents Club, BUT in this day and age, please just build it into your cost structure somehow. The only other thing I would advise is that you don't want to stay here if you like big bathrooms. I love the old style bathroom (with modern fittings) but some may find it cramped. Anyhow, it's still my fave hotel in the world after this stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
FairmontVancouver, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear SkiMum2011,

Hong Kong, London, Paris, Zurich, New York, Whistler…What a magnificent trip. It is always such a pleasure to be a part of our guests’ special moments and celebrations. On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to thank you for again choosing the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver—and happy birthday! It’s so wonderful to know that you and your family enjoyed your most recent stay.

I truly appreciate your kind words regarding our “majestic corridors,” “grand lobby bar,” and “friendly service.

We are proud to have one of the best teams in Vancouver, including the incomparable Mavis and Beau, our canine ambassadors. Feel free to stop by anytime to say “hi”; we would all love to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My overall experience was great. I had a standard room that looked over the Art Gallery. The bed was very comfy and the tv was large. My only complaint was that the carpets needed to be washed and/or replaced - They were quite dirty/stained. They really need to do some updating! I love the charm of the hotel and the location. It is close to Pacific Centre, Robson Street and Canada Place. The room service is wonderful and the menu is delicious! The other downside to this hotel is that parking fees have gone up to $40/night. A bit ridiculous!!

Room Tip: If you want I quiet room I suggest staying away from the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
FairmontVancouver, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear 00VanCity00,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. We are pleased to know that your experience was mostly positive, and that you took full advantage of our hotel’s central location. Such prime real estate unfortunately means limited parking, which is why we try to offer a convenience at a competitive rate.

Additionally, I am disappointed to learn that the condition of the carpet prevented you from fully enjoying your time with us. I assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve and you just might find a brand new look next time you’re here. Our front desk staff can almost always accommodate a guest’s request for a room change, as well.

I hope we can welcome you back soon for another stay in Vancouver. Please let me know if I may be of service.

toronto
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Staying on the Gold Floor is like being a guest in an exquisite Edwardian home. Elegant, quiet and historic. The lounge on the floor has the perfect balance of privacy and coziness; the breakfast and cocktail offerings are beautifully chosen, prepared and presented. Each of the concierge who tend to your every need are clearly the elite of their trade. Just be aware the rooms are smaller than anormal luxury hotels and you may not have a great view.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear firecrackes,

It sounds as though you had a wonderful stay on here at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Located on our 9th floor, Fairmont Gold is what we like to call a “hotel within a hotel,” due to its dedicated team of concierges and unique daily offerings. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and such kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass along your compliments.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another stay. Please let me know if I may be of service in helping you plan.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

There were many considerations to take into account when I was trying to find the perfect place for my wife and I to spend our first night away from our 16 month old son. We were actually going to be able to sleep-in for the the first time in over a year, it was a momentous occasion and it had to be special. We found it!
Fairmont Gold at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. It was exactly the kind of place we were looking for and all of our expectations were met and exceeded! The service was courteous and professional, the room was spacious and clean and lounging by pool and hot-tub was a perfect way to spend our first couple hours at the hotel.
We particularly liked the intimate and well laid-out dining facilities. At Fairmont Gold an exquisite dining experience is located right on the floor you are on and the food and beverage provided is world-class. The food and non-alcoholic beverages are all covered with the cost of the room charge; it's kind of like an all-inclusive hotel experience. (Beer, wine and spirits are charged separately and are charged on the honour system, so no money or credit cards are exchanged until you check-out).
If you are looking for a get-away, look no further than Fairmont Gold. You will be pampered and well taken care of, ensuring a restful and restorative stay. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Starting with the great welcome at reception to the beautiful character room the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is not only historic it's classy! The fitness room and pool are perfect as is the lobby bar. You can't beat the location only steps away from restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for the Gold Floor and enjoy the breakfast and afternoon Tea and evening Appies.
seattle, wa
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We just came back from a weekend at Hotel Vancouver with our 7 year old daughter. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly - even giving us a free milk and cookies comp card for our daughter - she loved calling room service with this order!
The décor is definitely old school, but very charming and works in the environment. Love the Le Labo products in the bathroom.
Great pool/health spa - hotel in perfect location, would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear alliwalzer,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts. We are honored to have hosted your family here in the wonderful city of Vancouver. It was our pleasure to provide your daughter with that fun, little treat—and as you noted, the Le Labo products have a similar effect for our adult guests!

We would love to welcome you and your family back for another stay. If there is anything I can do to help plan a future trip, please don’t hesitate to let me know.