“Best of Historic Downtown Vancouver!”

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #32 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This iconic downtown hotel is not only beautiful and chic, but the service is outstanding. The staff is over the top in friendliness and prompt and cheerful. They obviously love their jobs. In room dining is prompt, amenities are impeccable. Their yellow lab mascot at the Concierge was an added touch of fun! Ideally located next door to the Vancouver Art Gallery, diverse dining and Rodeo Drive style shopping made it a great choice for my stay while visiting family!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sharon G
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Sharon G,
I thank you for your wonderful comments from your recent stay, it certainly sounds like you loved our wonderul city centre location. I am delighted that your experience was so enjoyable and rest assured your kind words will be shared with our colleagues here at the hotel. I am delighted to have such a great team here at “Vancouver’s Castle in the City”.
It is my sincere wish that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

My thanks to you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with me.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great place to stay in the heart of a wonderful city. Service is impeccable and amenities are excellent. Close to restaurants and shopping. Many famous people have stayed in these spacious and lovely rooms.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Presidents Club
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FarmerCarol

Dear FarmerCarol,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that you chose to stay at our iconic hotel during your visit to Vancouver.
Your kind words will be shared with my team, and please note that as we are celebrating our 75th anniversary this year we are be looking at ways of enhancing our history narrative for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to our “Castle in the heart of the city” in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Spent 4 days in this Hotel. Did not rent a car (very smart), did not even take one taxi except to go back to the Airport. Enjoyed walking everywhere, as I ate a variety of great tasting food all recommended by the hotel concierge who hands you a brochure of all restaurants in the vicinity. Don't watch your diet, stay there and walk everywhere. Ted

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Edward K

Dear Edward K,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. I am delighted that we had the opportunity to look after you when you came to Vancouver, the city really is a dining heaven and as you noted, we have a wonderful location from which to explore. I will be sharing your kind words with my team here and look forward to having you come and stay with us again in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The location is good however there are many hotels all around the Fairmont that may offer an overall better stay. Beds good bathroom old It is not a jewel, it has become an average middle market hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
FairmontVancouver1, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Patricia S,

As a Fairmont hotel and one of Vancouver’s most historic, beloved properties, we aim to provide all of our guests with an exceptional stay in a luxurious setting. It is with great regret and surprise that we learned your expectations were not met during your recent visit. We would like to hear more, as we are always seeking new ways to improve our hotel and offerings. Please write to me at kevin.kelleher@fairmont.com at your convenience. We are confident that a return visit will change your mind, and we look forward to starting the process of earning back your trust.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Beautiful hotel, professional staff, great location, quiet room, great food, just wish there was free wifi.

I even had a concerned cheery, smiling person knock on my door to make sure I did in fact wake when given a wake up call.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 843Visitor

Dear 843Visitor,
I thank you for your wonderful comments from your recent stay. I am delighted that your experience was so enjoyable and rest assured your kind words will be shared with our colleagues here at the hotel. I am delighted to have such a great team in place looking after our guests.

My thanks to you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with me.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Wife and I decided to try one of the hotels here in downtown Vancouver. Paid approx 380 per night junior suite with breakfast package.
Here is what 400 dollar room is like, no complimentary water. No disposable slippers, no tooth brush or paste, comb, ....there is nothing except 4 small brown bottles of rose 31. The bed is located directly in the path of air con air flow so your head consistently been blasted by cold air while we sleep. Water pressure is weak, and do hear next rooms bathroom flushing while sleeping. Fairmont did absolutely nothing to improve the quality of the rooms in this hotel. Valet parking sucked and some of the staff have been there way too long. Overall service was good that's how they make up for the awful rooms.
Breakfast Buffett - very little selection and taste is average.

I will never come back to this hotel or recommend it to my customers and friends. Don't be fooled by the location of the hotel, there are other hotels that is as convenient as this location..

Room Tip: Don't come to this hotle
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Qboss S

Dear Qboss L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your stay. We sincerely regret that your experience did not meet your expectations. You deserve to enjoy exceptional comfort and amenities, and we are concerned by what sounds like an uncharacteristic experience. We would like to hear more from you regarding the details of your visit and to discuss how we might be able to make things right. Please feel free to write to me at kevin.kelleher@fairmont.com, I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

What can I say. Another memorable stay on the Gold floor. Very friendly service. Staff go the extra mile with smiles all around. The food provided for all the service times, breakfast, afternoon snack, evening tidbits and late night cookie run was outstanding.
The location is central for just walking or catching the public transportation. Had a great surprise on Monday, BC day, all the transit was FREE. Love the dog Mavis.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank alugirl1947

Dear alugirl1947,

We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay. As you’re well aware, Fairmont Gold guests receive a wealth of benefits, including private check-in services, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés, and more. It’s wonderful to know our staff made a lasting impression—our canine ambassadors included. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return. Please contact me at kevin.kelleher@fairmont.com before coming again, to see how we can make your next trip superior to the last.