“Crabbing at Jerchico - Loved it!”

Swallow Tail Culinary Adventures
Experience for Yourself
More Info
US$127.42*
and up
Fraser Valley Wine Tour from Vancouver
Ranked #13 of 54 Food & Drink in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine tours, Rainforest foraging tour, crab-catch & cook trips! Our tours are guided by local Vancouver chefs, sommeliers and foragers.
Vancouver, Canada
“Crabbing at Jerchico — Loved it!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked this as a fun experience for my partner as a 40th birthday present. We both had a great time! The organizers arranged a perfectly beautiful day for it.

We learned new things about our city, left empowered to go crab fishing on our own in the future, and learned a way better technique for cooking crab that we intend to emulate from now on. Robin and Kyle were warm and friendly hosts — we thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with them. I would recommend this experience to Vancouverites and visitors alike. Oh, and the crab lunch on the beach was delicious. That elderflower goat-cheese spread for strawberries is amazing!

I am excited that future beach trips can easily incorporate crab fishing in to an otherwise lazy day activity Score!

Visited June 2014

“crab trapping”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I feel like we gained an excellent base of knowledge of crab trapping and cooking. Robin was a wonderful teacher and was able to answer all of the questions we had. I feel confident after this excursion that we will be out on the docks again soon!

Visited May 2014
Destin, Florida
“Great intro to BC wine!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Really nice way to spend a day just outside of Vancouver. We signed up for the public tour, and it ended up being a private trip with only the 2 of us and our guide. Made 4 stops, and tasted many wonderful BC wines. The included lunch was delicious and served on a beautiful patio overlooking one of the vineyards. Good communication throughout the reservation process, would highly recommend this tour with Swallow Tail!

Visited August 2013
Burnaby, Canada
“Great Beginner ID Course”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was a great beginner ID course, ideal for those with minimum experience and knowledge. I came away feeling I could identify and safely pick 4 types of edible mushrooms, how to identify the amanita genus (and to stay away from it), and that I have some idea of how to ID many more with a little bit of help. I did not find the plant identification aspect useful, as I already forage for dozens of edible plants in our area, though I did notice others in the class were quite interested.

1 week after the class I went off-roading on Crown Land in the Fraser Valley and picked a pound of Angel Wings, I emailed a couple of photos to our guide, Chef Robin, who helped confirm that I had identified the mushrooms correctly.

The support that is offered after attending the class is the major bonus/takeaway. It is invaluable to be able to double check with someone who knows what they are talking about to ensure that you understood the information you were given.

I am planning to arrange a private tour next year so that my friends and I can get more 1 on 1 instruction and delve into this topic further.

Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“What a great way to spend an afternoon!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed hunting for mushrooms on that glorious fall day. It feels good to know more and we are excited to keep learning. The lunch was extraordinary too!

Visited November 2013