Over the years, my wife and I have enjoyed staying in this beautiful Intrawest Club on the mid-upper 3 floors of the Shearaton Hotel. We love this place for (1) the spectacular views of the city and harbor right out of the floor-to-ceiling windows of our unit; (2) its convenient locale to various businesses and attractions. FREE wifi in room and the Club Lounge. Yes, they have fitness and swimming facilties.
Club Interwest is mainly for members, but NON-Members can also stay when there is vacancy. The place is well appointed, although a bit dated. It can be noisy if the upstairs unit is occupied.
LONG VERSION, DEATAILS YOU CAN SKIP:
1. CONVENIENT LOCALE TO FUN PLACES
This place is conveniently located in the Wall Center business district, walking distances to various attractions such as Yaletown, Gastown, Stanley Park, Waterfront to Granville! It's also only a short walk or bus ride away from the "Seabus" to N. Vancouver, where the famed "Capilano Suspension Bridge Park" is located.
- Indeed, my wife and I visited all those places and had a wonderful time!
2. ALL ROOMS HAVE SPECTACULAR VIEWS
The types of units vary from studio to 1-bedroom suite with 1 or 2 baths, but ALL come with spectacular views of the city, harbor and mountain ranges - the "wall" facing the city and harbor is almost all floor-to-celing glass!
Our "1-bedroom, 2-bath and notchalnost " unit has a relatively spacious, nicely furnished living room, which has a great view, of course. It has a well equipped kitchenette with a large island-counter, small fridge, microwave, dish washer...albeit no stove. There's a guest bathroom with a shower stall. The bathtub is located in a separate, small, charming "notch" with a sitting bench, AND also a great view thru the glass wall, if you dare - a romantic couple's delight!
Its small Club Lounge on the 29th floor has a very comfortable sitting area, and of course, spectacular views! During business hours, it offers free coffee and concierge service. The concierge in this lounge and at the lobby are very friendly and helpful with good info on various attractions, hiking, dining, happy hours, entertainments.
Unlike typical Intarwest Club Properties located in a golf, ski or water resort, this particular Club is inside the Shearaton Hotel in downtown Vancouver. We have stayed in Intrawest Club Properties in several states in the US, as well as in Canada and Mexico, and we like them all; this one in Vancouver is one of the few we frequently come back to.
3. A FEW MINOR STUFF...
- The unit can be quite noisy, if the one above yours is occupied.
- Although the property is quite well furnished and maintained, it is a bit dated.
- The bedroom is quite small and only has a queen size bed.
- The SAFE is placed too low to the floor, a bit difficult to access.
- Unlike most other Club Interwest properties, this one does not have free self service laundry facility.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Embarc Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Hotel Intrawest Vancouver
- Resort Intrawest Vancouver