“Nice, convenient location”

Ranked #51 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Perth, Australia
“Nice, convenient location”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Executive for 5 nights and we found the location terrific. Local eateries were very nearby and the walk to the Pacific Mall took about 10 minutes. The staff here are very nice. Another mention is the proximity to Granville Island (where you just catch a ferry across) from our hotel was great! A highlight of our trip! Room was clean and comfortable. Special mentions to Isaac (Concierge) and Florin who were friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your 5 day stay with us and I have made sure to let Isaac and Florin know that they were part of helping making your stay so comfortable. I will also be sure to send your accolades to the housekeeping team as well. Being only two blocks from the Aquabus ferry to Granville island is indeed an attraction worth visiting and we are pleased that you found it so convenient. Thank you for letting travelers know of your time with us and your trip to Vancouver. We will enjoy seeing you again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in April, friendly staff nice rooms, only down side road noise, the bath was not clean, and the shower curtain was broken on one end, when we told the front desk it was fixed immediately, all in all was a nice hotel, maybe we will stay again, location is great.

• Stayed April 2013
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
We apologize for our lack of attention to detail and I have shared your comments with our housekeeping department and the front desk. I was pleased to see that we rectified the situation quickly for you. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to know where we have the opportunity to improve in the future. Thank you for taking time to let us know and we truly hope that you will return on your next trip as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Orange County, CA
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed for 5 nights for business. Got a great rate through Hotwire and was unsure the hotel I would get. I come to Vancouver every year for trade show and have stayed at different hotels in downtown Vancouver. This hotel experience was by far the BEST. My room was small yet cozy with a nice view, as every room does with huge windows. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Bathroom was clean and bright (this is important for putting on makeup) with big thick towels. The best part was the service like I have never experienced before even in 5 star hotels. The front desk and concierge Albert knew me by my first name and what room I stayed. Everyday returning from a long day of work was like coming home seeing friendly familiar faces. On my first night, I did not like my room as I was highly sensitive to the room's white noise. Albert tirelessly showed me 3 rooms in 3 different floors before I was finally satisfied. Another night I needed a glass of wine at the restaurant bar and all the staff was tied up by a private party, Albert again accompanied me to the restaurant and helped me to get a glass of wine. By the way, the restaurant has good and reasonably priced food. All in all my stay was heavenly compared to last year's experience with bed bug bites at another un-named hotel. The only downside was that the location was a bit far from the heart of downtown and Robson St, but they had free ride service to downtown.

Room Tip: I borrowed a bike from the hotel one afternoon and biked along the seawall which was only 2 blocks a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JWLOrangeCounty
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we have shared your praises with our team, especially Albert who is a true ambassador for the hotel and the city. It was great to see that he was able to assist you in getting a glass of wine for your evening. If you are in the hotel between 5 & 6pm, you can also join us for the complimentary wine tasting. We are working hard to create more restaurant specials that we trust you will enjoy on future visits. The addition of our cruiser bikes has been very popular and we are happy to see that you were able to partake in their use. Thank you again for taking time to let us know how we were able to help make your stay memorable and we look forward to seeing you again.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We had a great weekend experience. The room was compact but well appointed. Flat screen TV and Keurig coffee maker enhanced the stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. The evening wine tasting added a nice touch. We also enjoyed a gourmet dinner at the restaurant. We will definitely stay again and recommend this location to friends.

Gibsons, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Was able to get a good deal on a room. Rooms ending in 07 are larger than others - smaller rooms have very little space to move around in. Great location, great outdoor hot tub, good restaurant. Staff are all very friendly and efficient - managers greet you at the desk, and the free wine tasting every night is a nice bonus.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank geoallie
Thank you for the kind review. We are grateful for you taking time to tell others about your experiences and tips about the hotel. We look forward to seeing you at the nightly wine tasting when your travels bring you back to Vancouver.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed the night before in the Empress in Victoria and we had a much nicer experience at this hotel. The front desk guy was very pleasant and personable and met all our needs for our visit. We had two rooms and they were very clean and well appointed. My only criticism is to stay away from the restaurant, the staff is not just surly but very very confrontational. When our party tried to enjoy our "breakfast package" we were not at all welcome. I think they have a separate thing from the hotel because they were very mean and took it out on us. Everything about the hotel itself was top notch.

Room Tip: There is some construction across the bridge that worried me but I didn't hear a thing (it is a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
I sincerely apologize that you received such an unfriendly welcome in the restaurant. It will be addressed with the team and corrected as we want to ensure our guests stays are pleasant no matter where you go on the property. If you have a few minutes, I would love to talk to you personally to find out more details to allow us to get to the heart of the problem. I am pleased that the rest of our team was able to make you feel comfortable as we would enjoy seeing you again on a future visit.

Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed at the Executive Hotel in Vancouver for two days recently. This is really a first class hotel. Greatly enjoyed the stay. Vancouver is a great city and a hotel likes this makes the visit even better.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
We appreciate you having taken the time to write a review and sharing your comments. We will continue to work hard to ensure we remain worthy of such fine praise. We hope you will visit our wonderful city again soon.