“Executive Vintage Hotel - Vancouver”

Executive Hotel Vintage Park
Ranked #51 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Before going on our cruise, my husband and I spent one and half days in Vancouver. The staff was very friendly and helpful in telling us how to get around and where to go. The location of the hotel is great because it is walking distance to the sea walk and some shopping. The Hop On Hop Off bus stopped in front of the hotel so we were able to get around Vancouver fairly easily. Also, there was a shuttle to the pier. The room was clean but rather small.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel lobby is good. The front desk staff a little strange it almost felt like they were doing you a favor when you checking or requested anything. The star of the place is Albert the concierge , what a breath of fresh air. Affable, on the ball, thinks out of the box and makes every patron feel like they are the most important person there. The rooms are small but clean has everything that you need. The beds are comfortable . Internet slow but free. The rooms are missing safes and do not disturb signs. on two occasions staff just walked into our room. Without even knocking. The bathroom could have been cleaner- the vent/ extractor had about a years' worth of dust and things in it. The towels and toiletries are good quality. The hotel is a little dated but this is easy to overlook. Our room came with breakfast buffet which was terrible. Unripe oranges, the food was cold and greasy. They even served pork sausages cut in half. The chef was surly when I asked whether there were bananas and rude to another guest who asked if there was more warm food coming. My friend and I both has bad stomachs by early afternoon . This was the only food which we ate that was the same. I informed the front desk on our return and was told " I'll let the kitchen know. Not even an apology" . We decided to eat elsewhere the next morning. They didn't even query the fact that I returned the breakfast voucher to them.. The hotel is situated at the end of Howe street near the Granville island interchange . The position isn't too bad and we walked everywhere. Close to the seawalk and there are many places to eat near by. Good parking underground. Would I stay here again ? Probably ,if I had to be in that part of town.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and look out for Albert to ask for anything.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for both the positive and constructive comments regarding your recent visit. I am truly sorry that you found the breakfast buffet to be less than acceptable and I have spoken with the cook to review what may have happened as the food should not have had quality issues as described, and I apologize that it was not up to expectations. I have also discussed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper about the rooms as we pride ourselves on the cleanliness provided, and reviewed our strict policy on entering a guest room as no one should ever walk in on you without warning. We are pleased that you found the location handy and that Albert was able to help you with everything you needed. He truly is someone to watch for and ask about the city. We will make sure to share your review with him. We hope that you will join us on your next visit to Vancouver as we continue to improve as a result of feedback such as yours.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Well priced and clean - we truly enjoy both our visits (before and after cruise). Made a good place to explore Vancouver from and a wonderful place to watch the sun set every evening. Tourist buses stop at nearby hotels and lots of food choices nearby.

Was sad to learn that the restaurant no longer served lunch or dinner, but Albert was ready to help with suggestions for other places to eat close by.

There was major road construction quite close to our hotel, but very little of the noise made it into our rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Recently spent a weekend in Vancouver on a Mom and Daughter trip. Hotel was great. Friendly staff, very clean rooms, and loved the wine tasting!

Hotel was walking distance to Robson and all the shopping and dining areas. Will stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed here for one night and was not very impressed. It wasn't to expensive but the room was small and the bathroom very outdated.

It did have an AMAZING view and is in a great location and I would have loved to try out the reflexology downstairs, the massage / reflexology was really well priced for what you get.

The breakfast buffet was some of the worst food I have tasted anywhere in the world, and I have done some very roughing it backpacking type trips. I am pretty open minded but I think I had one bite of everything and walked away. It was disgusting ! Especially for the price.

The staff of the hotel and in the restuarant were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

We appreciate the review to let us know about your recent stay. I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with the breakfast buffet. I have asked our chef to look into those comments to see if there was perhaps a problem that we were unaware of, and I am sorry that you found the quality less than acceptable as that should not have been the case.
I am unaware of any massage or reflexology downstairs in the hotel and if information was provided somewhere to indicate this, I would appreciate an feedback to let me know where you saw it so I can have it removed.
Thank you for the kind words about our team and the great view you had. We will work harder to improve the things that were not up to your expectation and build on those that we do well.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Hotel was clear, well priced with very nice staff. Very convenient for shopping or a nice walk along the sea walk to Science World or Stanley Park. Hotel is pet friendly. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen on the 16 floor and worked out very well for us, 4 adults,1baby and a dog.

Room Tip: Fair bit of construction noise right now with all the building going but still good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have stayed 3 nights in the hotel and the only good thing in the hotel was it is in the downtown and near the shopping streets. Hotel is very old and the pictures in the website don't reflect the reality. Room is very small and it didn't fit my family (2 adults and 2 kids).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank alzourya
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

We appreciate the time you have taken to send us a review of the hotel and I will forward your concerns over the pictures to our marketing team. We always recommend that you contact us directly to ensure we are able to provide you with the right size room for your family members. We do have a range of rooms from the more compact to the spacious two bedroom suites, and sometimes it can be hard to know from a picture what size the room may be to accommodate everyone. Our team can help you in advance of your reservation to ensure your will be comfortable. I apologize that the room you received did not meet your family's needs and I hope that we can do better for you on any future visit.