“Truly made my stay in Vancouver!”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Upon arriving at the Opus Hotel, we were immediately greeted by Valet who brought our bags right up to our room for us. The front desk was very pleasant as we originally booked for 1 Queen as there was none available when we booked. They ended up giving us a room with 2 Queens and were very accommodating. The rooms were AMAZING! Modern and very posh rooms. The bathrooms overlook Yaletown and are top notch modern. Floor to ceiling windows and all with a killer shower. The bar inside was very busy on Friday and Saturday. Being hotel guests - has it's advantages. Full access to the bar if you are a hotel guest as the line-up gets pretty crazy outside as it's a hot spot. From what we heard Ryan Reynolds had stayed there week before. If you go to the restaurant - dinner and brunch is amazing. Ask for Mike Arthur - amazing server and Host. The bar Manager Jim was a delight to meet and pour us some signature drinks. All the staff there I must say have a great attitude and love to work there and I can see why! The food in 100 Nights is amazing. The Dungeness Crab Cakes are to die for....along with the melt in your mouth Tomato and Burrata Salad. Once dinner is over - this resto turns into Opus Bar which caters to a very chique crowd. All 3 nights we were at this hotel we seemed to always partake in the bar atmosphere. Being steps from Yaletown - this location is killer. The staff is very knowledgeable on the area and are always willing to help. We immediately told them we needed our car to go to Grouse Mountain and the concierge upon pulling up our car already had directions printed out for us - without us even asking. Truly a 5 Star in my book! They also have BMW's which will drive you complimentary. They drove us to our dinner reservation in Gastown and it's things like this that make a hotel stand out and really make you feel like a celebrity. I can't wait to stay at Opus again and their other locations in Canada !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,358)

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We just love the Opus. We've been 6 or 7 times. I love the location, modern and hip feel of the hotel, great rooms, and awesome amenities. They even have a BMW 7 series town car to take you around. On our last trip, we used the towncar to take us to aquarium on a rainy Vancouver day. We've also taken advantage of the bikes on past trips and cycled our way through the city.

The rooms are fun - bright colors, and just enjoyable. We brought my mom with us a few summers ago and she loved it too.

The restaurant at the hotel has changed a few times - I like the direction it's going. Yaletown has some great eats. The staff can point you in the right direction. Definitely check out Chambar too.

The hotel also treats your fuzzy 4 legged babies like VIPs.

Also love coming up to Vancouver and staying here...

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room not facing the street. It can get loud.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

After a very long day of travel from the US to Vancouver, we were welcomed to this boutique hotel in Yaletown. It is centrally located and close to everything. The lobby is cleverly furnished and professionally staffed by very friendly, sympathetic people. Nathan was my favorite ambassador to Vancouver. The room was clean and comfortable, except that they had trouble with the a/c to our room on the 5th floor. They couldn't get it fixed for three days. When we checked out they were apologetic and happy to deduct our parking fee. The lounge connected to The Opus is beautifully decorated and sexy. The bar promises that "it won't be boring." The adjoining restaurant was outstanding. As a foodie, I was completely won over at breakfast by their top-notch eggs benedict. I recommend this place, especially for twenty and thirty-something hipsters, although I am older than that and had a blast.

1  Thank patient111
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel is great, clean and the staff is always helpful. The location to all of downtown Vancouver is outstanding. I will be back!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We actually got Opus through priceline - unexpectedly. At first I wasn't sure about bringing my kids there - too hip for a family like ours. I was so pleasantly surprised! They went out of their way to treat us with kindness and respect and the service was unmatchable. We used the mountain bikes, got a ride in the BMW to our dinner destination and had many service surprises (salt water taffy on the pillows). Being welcomed with a glass of champagne upon our arrival was pretty nice too! I loved all the staff! If Priceline let's us, we'll stay again!

1  Thank bridget31
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My husband and I, who live in California, were visiting family and friends in my hometown of Vancouver, and loved our stay at the OPUS Hotel. Everything about it was great, from the complimentary glass of champagne when we checked in, to the comfortable, stylish, quiet room, to the complimentary downtown car service. I would recommend the OPUS Hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: We paid in advance, for an extra special deal.
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The service was great, very helpful staff. The room was so modern and funky, the bed was really comfy and the bathroom was nice and big. Loved everything about our stay!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple