“Best location in the city”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This was our second stay at the Opus. Our first was more than a bit unsettled by the sound of the nightclub in the lobby which goes 'til all hours. That said, the staff was absolutely as accomodating as they could possibly be - just be sure to ask where your room is relative to the lobby/club!!! This second stay was fantastic. We stayed on the top floor (opposite side from the lobby). The room was not cavernous, but a good romantic size. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and, again, the staff were genuine, friendly, and sincere in their wanting us to have the best stay possible.

We found the room very clean and the bathroom was excellent. The room service was prompt, timely and hot - which is greatly appreciated!

We are walkers and generally travel light. Coming from Vancouver Island, this is extremely convenient. The new Canada Line drops you off pretty much at the front door of the hotel. (Note: Canada line is underground so you neither hear it nor see it!!) Aside from Yaletown itself, from there it's also easy to catch an Aquabus over to Granville Island - which we did, and walked up to Vij's for dinner (yum!). It's also a short walk up Davie to Granville (or another North-South to Robson, if you are less urban-adventurous) to get right smack in heart of downtown and to the Art Gallery. For us, this takes ~20 minutes.

All in all, we would recommend this to day-trippers, romantic weekenders, and business folk. We will stay there again ourselves, I'm sure.

Room Tip: Very popular and very loud nightclub in lobby. Even if I am going to a nightclub, I don't want...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 May 2012

The hotel is located across the street from the metro which gets you in from the airport in 20 minutes. The waterfront, restaurant/club district, and roundhouse museum/performance center steps away. Room was very comfortable, fireplace, turn-down service, separate walk-in shower and bathtub big enough for two. Hip/modern design throughout. Best part - complimentary bikes to use on miles of uninterrupted scenic bike paths.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view room for maximum quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rubyeveryday
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

Okay hotel, expected a bit newer, carpets were stained as well as furniture. Rooms were small but ok. Staff were friendly and very trendy donned in signature pink fluevogs ( for the men!)

Complimentary car service only valid for certain areas, would not accomodate rogers arena. Bit dissapointing.

Breakfast was very very very delicious! If you dont stay i highly recommend stopping in for a bite!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I spent the night of my birthday at the Opus and was pleasantly surprised at check-in to find they had upgraded me to a King Room. The room had a great downtown city view and a cool, funky vibe. Very comfortable room and very friendly staff. The location is fantastic, with the Yaletown waterfront a short walk away and the bars and restaurants along Mainland St. right at your doorstep. We took the recommendation of the Front Desk agent and had a very sunny breakfast on the waterfront patio at Provence Marinaside. All-in-all our stay was very memorable!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Opus Vancouver was a wonderful place to stay. The staff was friendly and very helpful, check-in and out was fast, and the location is incredibly convenient (across the street from a rail stop and a few blocks from an aquabus stop). The room was good sized with a unique floor plan that put all my windows in my bathroom, but large sliding doors opened to bring light into the bedroom area. The light can be controlled using one of the two roll-down shades, offering privacy as well.

The room itself was tidy and well-appointed, and included an iPad for my use while there. Quite the concept! Complimentary bottled water was plentiful in my room and the lobby.

While I didn't take advantage of it, the hotel has bicycles to borrow and a car service at no charge to guests.

There is a small fitness center and a business center (with complimentary printers) on the second floor.

The location sits amid dozens of hip restaurants and bars with lots of outdoor dining.

If I ever go back to Vancouver, I will definitely stay at the Opus.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are off Davie Street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Thinktankjp, we wanted to thank you very much for choosing OPUS Hotel for your recent trip to Vancouver. We were delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. The iPads that you mentioned, are a brand new amenity in every guest room, which we feel really adds a unique touch to the OPUS experience. Hopefully you will be back with us again soon and perhaps enjoy a game of "Angry Birds"! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Nicholas Gandossi

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Hotel in a great location with convenient access to the Canada Train, especially from the perspective of being in Vancouver for the marathon and having access to Canada Place and the Start and Finish LInes. Also, nice walking/running areas along the waterfront. Room very nicely appointed but on the high end given the added costs for parking & WiFi access. Also, would have appreciated a "heads up" re the car valet service at time of reservation as it took a couple of circles around the block to figure out that we could park right in front of the hotel. The staff were excellent - very polite and accommodating i.e. a great resource re places to go to in Yaletown, making other dining reservations etc. About a week before the hotel reservation we inquired re the need to book a reservation at the Opus restaurant for the Sunday evening and were told that this was not necessary. However, upon our arrival found out the restaurant was booked for a private function on the Sunday evening and was actually not available. And by that time the restaurant was also fully booked for the Saturday night. The food we did have at breakfast on the morning we left was excellent, however.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the rooms with the king size beds as the other rooms were on the small side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I have been blowing the “Opus Hotel” horn since I left Vancouver. My stay was outstanding! I loved the guest room! The check-in experience and welcome that I received when I drove up to your Hotel was second-to-none. The special in-house amenities and touches are truly different and innovative. Lastly, the most extraordinary observation that I made was how quiet the room was during the night and morning. I never thought that would be the case in Yaletown.

Thank you very much Opus Hotel! I have told many friends and colleagues of my experience and would definitely stay with you again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business