“Lovely Hotel at a Great Location”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Overall, my boyfriend and I loved the helpful and friendly staff and we could have not planned a better location for us. The train station was across the street from the hotel and the sea wall was about 2 blocks away. We loved the cool vibe of the hotel, and if you book the rooms directly with the hotel, you get free wi-fi which was important to us to avoid international roaming charges. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in walking distance for entertainment and lots of cool shops. I did a little research on the hotel before I booked it so I knew it would get little noisy in the streets on weekends, but we were too comfortable in our beds sleeping from the exhausted day to even care, and on weekdays, the streets were quiet. We checked out other neighborhoods, but Yaletown really suited us.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Great hotel ... funky, innovative, super service and restaurant. Within walking distance to rooftop Keg, sea bus to Granville Market, subway to airport, great restaurants and coffee shops. Valet parking is available but bikes and walking are other ways to enjoy Vancouver. Ours was a combo family, business, couple, solo stay. Three nights was enough to sample a wonderful chunk of Vancouver.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I am VERY impressed with the staff and facilities here. EVERY STAFF person was helpful, respectful, cheerful and kind. We were effortlessly accommodated with ALL of our needs: early check in and late check out, car/driver usage, a quieter room, identifying good restaurants and areas of interest and direction to same and storing our baggage long after we checked out. Staff remembered us and greeted us each time we entered/exited the hotel asking if there was anything more they could do for us.
The food and staff in the restaurant, were terrific and aware when then things were not running smoothly, taking action to remedy the situation in a more than professional manner.
I look forward to spending time in this hotel again as the staff heightened my experience and reminded me what excellent customer service looks like not to mention lovely accommodations in the heart of a trendy neighbourhood by the water!
Thank you SO much!

Room Tip: If you want a good night's sleep let them know and they will put you away from the club side and...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have been doing business with The Opus Vancouver for quite some time now. I'm responsible for handling business travellers for one of the top major entertainment studios. I have been constantly impressed with the service that The Opus Vancouvers offer to all of our travellers. Whenever, we need assistance form their sales team they're ALWAYS there to support us 100%. This is the hotel that I would always highly recommend In Vancouver.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Hi, i am travelling from Toronto to Vancouver often and this is a great hotel. Service, location, hospitality are great. The rooms are big and clean. All the best restaurants and bars are there. Train from and to yvr is at 20 m. Price is really good........

2  Thank Pellipietro
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stay at the Opus regularly while visting colleagues in Yaletown. This is a really nice hotel, with thoughtfully equipped rooms and great service. You won't get much in the way of freebies, such as breakfast, but overall its worth it for a nice stay. Would have given 5 stars, but I find the breakfast service really slow and starts too late (7am) for my needs.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Janelle, their guest relations specialist (I have no idea if that is her title or not...but it should be), took amazing care of us from arrival to departure. She's a great problem solver and handled some unusual booking issues extremely well and the outcome was outstanding. Opus is now my favorite Vancouver hotel and it will be home for me every time I decide to head over the border.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends