“Great attention to detail”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Montreal
“Great attention to detail”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

It's not in every hotel, and even not in every boutique hotel, that you get such attention to detail: staff at reception are super nice, attentive, the room is always in perfect shape, daily turndown service includes a carafe of filtered water (great attention!) and in-room PVR allows to not miss your favourite shows (if you have time for it!).

On the down side, breakfast is so-so (the only one included in my package was the continental) where you get yogurt with granola that's very average, coffee not always hot and some normal pieces of toast.

Otherwise everything was really great, thanks to the team at the Opus hotel Vancouver. Location is amazing to go for a morning jog on the Yaletown seawall.

Room Tip: Was noisy on Saturday night... so do not book over the week-end if you're not planning on partyi...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
ABBOTSFORD B.C. CANADA
Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the opus this last may long weekend. This was our first experience at this hotel. The service and cleanliness was excellent and this coming from a couple that won't eat in a restaurant if the salt shaker is dirty. We will go back and stay again. I had to right this review after seeing someone had written a not so flattering review the same weekend. Very simple, I am right and they are wrong. I am just saying, you will not be disappointed. The 35 dollars parking per day does suck but my other choice was a parking lot that was 16 dollars a day. I decided on valet and secure parking with in and out privileges for the extra 17 bucks a day. Thank you opus! We will be back. D.B. from Abby.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My friend and I stayed at Opus two nights. The staff was friendly, the restaurant was delicious, and the location couldn't have been better. We wanted to take one of their complementary bikes out to Stanley Park but it rained most of our stay. This is the perfect location if you want to be able to walk to the water/Seabus or the train.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Kelly E, thank you for choosing OPUS for your recent stay in Vancouver. We were very happy to read how you loved the hotel's central location to restaurants, transit, and the seawall along the water. Hopefully when we welcome you back for your next stay the weatherman cooperates and provides some sun in order to enjoy our complimentary bikes!

Nicholas Gandossi
Washington DC
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Overall, my boyfriend and I loved the helpful and friendly staff and we could have not planned a better location for us. The train station was across the street from the hotel and the sea wall was about 2 blocks away. We loved the cool vibe of the hotel, and if you book the rooms directly with the hotel, you get free wi-fi which was important to us to avoid international roaming charges. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in walking distance for entertainment and lots of cool shops. I did a little research on the hotel before I booked it so I knew it would get little noisy in the streets on weekends, but we were too comfortable in our beds sleeping from the exhausted day to even care, and on weekdays, the streets were quiet. We checked out other neighborhoods, but Yaletown really suited us.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Great hotel ... funky, innovative, super service and restaurant. Within walking distance to rooftop Keg, sea bus to Granville Market, subway to airport, great restaurants and coffee shops. Valet parking is available but bikes and walking are other ways to enjoy Vancouver. Ours was a combo family, business, couple, solo stay. Three nights was enough to sample a wonderful chunk of Vancouver.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I am VERY impressed with the staff and facilities here. EVERY STAFF person was helpful, respectful, cheerful and kind. We were effortlessly accommodated with ALL of our needs: early check in and late check out, car/driver usage, a quieter room, identifying good restaurants and areas of interest and direction to same and storing our baggage long after we checked out. Staff remembered us and greeted us each time we entered/exited the hotel asking if there was anything more they could do for us.
The food and staff in the restaurant, were terrific and aware when then things were not running smoothly, taking action to remedy the situation in a more than professional manner.
I look forward to spending time in this hotel again as the staff heightened my experience and reminded me what excellent customer service looks like not to mention lovely accommodations in the heart of a trendy neighbourhood by the water!
Thank you SO much!

Room Tip: If you want a good night's sleep let them know and they will put you away from the club side and...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have been doing business with The Opus Vancouver for quite some time now. I'm responsible for handling business travellers for one of the top major entertainment studios. I have been constantly impressed with the service that The Opus Vancouvers offer to all of our travellers. Whenever, we need assistance form their sales team they're ALWAYS there to support us 100%. This is the hotel that I would always highly recommend In Vancouver.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business