“Blissful escape with luxury.”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver
“Blissful escape with luxury.”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This is my favorite hotel to stay in. I live 30 minutes away but it's always my go to when I want to relax and enjoy a night or two away.

The staff are incredible and very attentive to all your needs. Very down to earth considering the hotel status and area. Complimentary champagne or juice is offered as you walk in the door for check in. They meet your every need and exceed it sometimes.

The rooms come in an assortment of colours and they have the best soaker tub around. A really nice stocked mini fridge and fantastic breakfast. They cater to vegetarians too! (Yay)

Downstairs there's a popular and chic nightclub and it does tend to be a little loud and crazy on the weekends. Be aware but you can join the fun as a hotel guest. (no wait in the line)

I would highly recommend this hotel for a Vancouver visit or a romantic little getaway.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tampopos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
Reviewed 11 September 2012

A hip hotel without the attitude. Everyone was so friendly and efficient. And excellent dining recommendations. Looking forward to dining at new restaurant. On top of that - fabulous location & incredible rooms. My business colleagues whom I had stay at Opus too were equally impressed. THANK YOU OPUS!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MichaelStudioCityCA
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear MichaelStudioCityCA, thank you very much for the great comments regarding our staff and your overall OPUS experience. We are extremely excited about our new restaurant opening after a month of renovations. La Pentola, will offer classic norther Italian cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com if I can ever be of any assistance. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon, and hear how you enjoyed our new restaurant!

Nicholas Gandossi
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This is by far the nicest hotel I have stayed at for business, its in a great location steps away from lots of restaurants, shops, and the train. It was also a quick walk to where I was working. I loved coming back to my room at night to find music playing and a treat on my bed. My only complaint would be the down pillows they were not comfortable and my head just sunk down in them.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor away from the street with the bars and restaurants.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Opus Hotel for our 24th Anniversary weekend, which also happened to be the weekend of the Gay Pride Parade and the Celebration of Light. Vancouver was a bustling city, to say the least! We have stayed at the Opus before, and looked forward to going back. They did not disappoint.
Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly and felt welcomed. I think the Opus can be intimidating for some people, as it is very stylish and hip, and that often translates as aloof and snobbish. This is not the case here. Everyone is made to feel welcome, whether you are a young couple, a family with kids and a dog, or retired.
Our room was great, with a super comfortable bed and all the amenities we could want, including an iPad and full size bottles of tequila and scotch.
The hotel offers free use of their bicycles, and we made good use of them. All we had to do was call down to the front desk, and five minutes later there were our bikes and off we went! Biking the Seaside path was so beautiful and relaxing.
The staff were a great help in assisting us with our entertainment decisions. We attended Bard on the Beach one night, and they gave us great suggestions as to how to beat the traffic and crowds.
Our last night in town we went to a steak house as per their recommendation. They offered to drive us to the restaurant, so off we went in a beautiful BMW! Many thanks to our driver (sorry, can't remember your name!) who also picked us up after dinner. We felt very special and cared for.
If you're looking for an urban, chic boutique hotel in the heart of Yaletown, this is the place to go. You don't get an ocean view, but the Opus more than makes up for this. We have stayed in many Vancouver ocean view hotels, and most of them are huge and impersonal. I would much rather stay at the Opus, where I feel like a welcome guest, and ride a bike down to the ocean to get my fill of the view.

1 Thank welshgirlbc
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay last weekend at the Opus Hotel. The amenities were superior - loved the turn down service as well as the goodies for our two four legged children. Tian Tian and Mai Lei enjoyed the doggie bed, blanket and bowls. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Housekeeping went out of the way to make our stay comfortable. Having an IPad in the room was a nice touch - I didn't have to bring ours! The location was is perfect. Love being near the walk on False Creek, great restaurants and other services.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NanEdKirkland
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have stayed at the Opus Hotel a couple of times now and let me tell you it’s always a treat. That’s why it was no contest to which accommodations would best suit my needs in planning a recent engagement weekend with the love of my life.

The reasons for our stay on this most important occasion are many; some of which include:
-The outstanding customer service from initial conversations and planning with management, the accommodating of room prep including placement of flowers and champagne etc., the joyful greetings at the entrance with speedy check-in, the help with an evening's activities, and again; speedy check-out the next morning.
-The value-added amenities which I have made use of at the Opus which include a fully equipped business center to check emails or print off that handy Groupon, in-room Ipad and local digital TV, Car Service in a beautiful 8 series BMW so we could skip those pesky and dirty Vancouver taxi's, valet parking, and an easily reached concierge.
-Lastly and as previously stated, the modern yet beautiful and intimate decor and design of the hotel is a reason to come in itself. The Opus has something all of the other "Name-Brand" hotels in Vancouver don't: an original flavor in keeping with the trendy yet laid-back feel of the Yaletown neighbourhood in which it is situated. The opus delivers tailored boutique rooms which can be specific to your color favorites. As my soon-to-be is an interior designer I would only think of such a place to stay as those other hotels are plain and downright stuffy.

I have had exceptional experiences at the Opus and I would highly suggest it to all who are looking for higher-end accommodations at reasonable prices, local "stay-cations" for Metro Vancouver residents such as myself, or for anyone who really wants a taste of what Vancouver is all about.

But for us it’s not just a hotel, it’s a destination. :)

1 Thank Mike J
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We were married just down the road from the Opus and most of our family and friends stayed there on the night of our wedding. The hotel was always very easy to deal with, we were in constant communication with Victoria - one of the sales managers. She was always quick to accomodate my requests which is very important when you're trying to plan a wedding and rooms for 40 of your guests! The rooms are fun and beautiful and the Penthouse Suite was AMAZING - we even received a free small bottle of champagne when we came back to the hotel between the ceremony and reception. On top of it all, the location cannot be beat.