“Delightful staff and great property”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Denver, Colorado
“Delightful staff and great property”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I had the pleasure of staying three nights at the Opus between Christmas and New Year's 2012. I appreciate the warm welcome and friendliness displayed by Camilia at the front desk upon check in. It was a pleasure talking with her as I enjoyed my complimentary wine. I would also like to recognize Nathan and Toby. They always greeted me by name and were willing to offer a helping hand.
I was upgraded to an "orange" themed room overlooking the courtyard, as requested. I found the room to be pleasant and comfortable. I particularly liked the complimentary iPad found on the desk for use during my stay. I wish more boutique hotels in the states would offer iPads as an amenity. Nice touch, Opus. I liked the glass and the look of the bathroom. I do, however, suggest, adding a full length mirror somewhere in the room. I did experience a bit of hotel noise on a busy Saturday night, but nothing too bothersome. I look forward to returning to Vancouver and the Opus!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelgirl1874
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear Travelgirl1874, thank you very much for choosing OPUS Vancouver, and for taking the time to post your comments. Since placing the iPads in all of our guest rooms in March of last year, we continue to hear more and more positive comments from our guests, like yours, stating what a great addition the iPads have been to the overall guest experience. Thank you as well for acknowledging the various staff members for the service that they provided, along with your suggestion on how to enhance our guest room. Hopefully all of the staff will get a chance in the very near future to welcome you back to OPUS!

Nicholas Gandossi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
bc
Reviewed 23 January 2013

After flight delays into Vancouver and the Skytrain trip to downtown, what a pleasant reception upon arrival and check in- a cold glass of sparkling wine. Brilliant!

Quiet room, very clean and the fellow at the front desk thoughtfully offered me a room down the hall more suited to my quick overnite stay than the original booking.

Would definitely return and will recommend to friends.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank traveler1Bc
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We stayed at the Opus Hotel in Vancouver for 3 nights in January 2013. The staff was very courteous, the location was great (very close to train), and the room was nice/clean with very modern decor. They have L'occitaine products which is nice. A normal full size hair dryer (so can leave yours at home). The shower was awesome, the bathrooms had heated tile. The best part about this hotel is that the rooms come with iPads that are equipped with data plans so you can take it with you as you tour the city at no extra charge. This really helped us to get around using maps, or checking for nearby eating places, etc. They also bring you water in the evening with some Mike Ike candy. The only improvements would be: they only provided 2 sleeping pillows (and 2 decorative ones). Would prefer to have 4 sleeping pillows for 2 people. There is not an outlet near the mirror that is not in the bathroom which made it hard for me to dry my hair while my husband used the bathroom. Also temperature control was odd - it was always either really cold or really warm. Lastly, we were on the 4th floor and Saturday night was pretty noisy, so the walls were a little thin. Other than that, great hotel, definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Try higher floors. My floor had too much noise Saturday night.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2013

One of my top hotel stays! From the LÓccitane bathroom products, fabulous decor, great housekeeping service, to the 'What can we do to make your stay outstanding?' attitude that Camilia at the Front Desk offers. If you are thinking of booking - call the hotel directly as if the hotel is quiet they sometimes can come up with outstanding rates!

Room Tip: Call Camilia at the Front Desk as she's committed to ensuring you get what you need - from the c...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We were in Canada for our recent honeymoon and some friends suggested staying at the Opus in Yaletown ... well we are very thankful to these friends for the top notch recommendation!

From the moment we walked in the door, the fantastic front desk staff took care of us, answered all our questions, made dining suggestions, and always went above and beyond to make us feel welcome.
I was also most impressed when I asked one of the lovely girls as we were checking out for the first time if she would mind helping me out and give my old parka away to a homeless lady in the area, as I'd bought a new jacket and didn't want to just throw it away. When we checked in the following week, she remembered us and informed me that she did in fact pass the coat along to a lady in area who was very grateful to receive the extra warmth in the chilly weather.

The hotel itself is delightfully styled, in a fantastic location, great for walking to many of the Vancover highlights and just across the street from the Sky Train. The rooms are spacious (we were lucky enough to stay twice during our holiday and experienced 2 different rooms, both fabulous!) and the underfloor heating in our bathroom was enough to make me never want to leave. We stayed on both levels 2 and 3 and they were quiet enough to rest soundly each night. The iPad in each room was really helpful as it was pre-programmed with restaurants, bars, sights and shopping ideas.

We also took advantage of the in-house restaurant, La Pentolla and it was absolutely delicious! Our server was wonderfully attentive, gave us some great local insights into both Van and Whistler for our impeding ski trip. It is a little more expensive, but the food and beers were absolutely worth it and it was our honeymoon after all.

And finally, my husband and I enjoyed our stay so much that we both decided all trips to Vancouver will include a stay at the Opus .... so we'll see you next time guys!!

Kent, Washington, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I believe this was our 4th or 5th stay at the Opus Hotel. We've stayed there as a family, as a couple, and I've stayed there on a business trip. Each experience has proven to be better than the previous. There are new amenities with each visit - the iPad in the room was a very nice touch on this visit.
The entire experience is a pleasure and each visit might as well be a grand opening because it always looks new, up to date, and spotlessly clean.
This time we were in a suite on the 7th floor overlooking Davie St. Fantastic. We had as much fun in the hotel as we had visiting the exciting city. It truly is a gem that is more polished with each visit. Can you tell that we look for a reason to head up to Vancouver?

Room Tip: Never been disappointed, but we've always been fortunate to have a room on an upper floor.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I stayed here on business but would be great also for vacation. Great location, walking distance to the harbour by Granville Island, I ran round the seashore. Metro stop straight to the airport 100 metres away. Stylish without being OTT. Great restaurants and bars near but it's quiet, super friendly service and food is fab from the restaurant. Everything you expect from a boutique hotel but don't always get.

• Stayed December 2012