“A Magnum Opus”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Right in the very heart of Yaletown, the Opus hotel is the quintessential hipster hotel. Walking distance to shops, lots of restaurants, late night places, the location is superb. All that is to not even to mention being steps away from the super clean, uber efficient and yes, HONOR SYSTEM Sky Train.

With the recent renovation of their first floor complete, La Pentola provides a very pleasant airy place for breakfast or even any meal. But breakfast here is my favorite. Or walk up the street to the famous Elbow Room !

The ultimate in avant garde hipster slick moves is the addition of an iPad and Samusng Galaxy 3 in EACH room. We were quite surprised and pleased by this. With the Samsung your room number travels with you! Just have someone call the hotel and your Samsung rings wherever you are in Vancouver. With smartphones being so ubiquitous and with no card carrying hipster without one, I am not sure how useful this is. The music selection on the iPad is quite narrow and limited however. They really could use a broader playlist.

The regular room, with its smallish balcony is quite nicely decorated, being most currently re-done just a month or so ago in March 2013. The artwork, with its water pistol x ray images may be a little thought provoking, but I for one consider that part of the very role of art.

Of all things Opus geographic, my favorite is that you can walk out the door, hand a left and another left and be at Rodney's Oyster House. Considering myself an oyster aficionado, Rodney's is as good as it gets.

From the moment you pull up to the door and are greeted by the front desk / bellman help, to quick, friendly concierge help to the laid back late night buzz cocktail service, the service is just super ! SUPER SERVICE !

The Opus Van gets my unequivocal two thumbs up 5 star rating. Especially with a great rate, this hotel is a delight to stay in while in Van.

Room Tip: Join Tablet Hotels Tablet Plus program and get free room upgrades based on availability ! Small...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear FLYBOY888PK, thank you very much for choosing OPUS Vancouver, and for taking the time to pass along your comments. We truly appreciated the detail of your thoughts, and reading what you enjoyed about your stay. Most of all, we loved that you felt that the team gave you "SUPER SERVICE"! We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com if I can be of any assistance.

Nicholas Gandossi

Write a ReviewReviews (2,321)

Reviewed 5 April 2013

A wonderful hotel, staff, and location. Can't say enough about the friendly staff, and our room was outstanding: comfortable and quiet even on a busy street. Trendy, but most definitely not pretentious. Helpful, friendly staff, great location in Yaletown, close to amazing eateries and the water taxi to Granville Island. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Themitchells6
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I've stayed at the Opus a number of times and it is quickly becoming one of my favourite places to stay in Vancouver. Directly across from the Yaletown Canada Line station, it's easy to get anywhere. Its a smaller boutique hotel with funky, modern decor and its Close to restaurants (they're everywhere in Yaletown!) and shopping. Rooms are really comfortable with extra amenities like an iPad in every room, fully stocked mini bar and snacks, and black out shades. But what really makes the Opus stand out is their service. Every time I've been there I've been treated like I'm their best customer. You truly want to return after your stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tvfoley
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Moley, I wanted to respond and thank you for all of your support of OPUS Vancouver. We love how much you appreciate the decor & location, along with the extra touches in the rooms like our iPads; but most of all we were very happy to read how the staff made you feel like you were our "best customer"! I will ensure your comments are passed along to the entire team. For the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance at ngandossi@opushotel.com

Nicholas Gandossi

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Returned to Opus for a special occasion stay last month. The service we received was second to none. Any and all special requests were met with enthusiasm and delivered flawlessly. The staff are exceptional and the hotel is pristine.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 777AlexP
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I felt taken care of when the Senior Sales Manager reached out to me via email, even before we ever set foot in the lobby, to introduce herself.

After a week long stay for work, we found that the Opus strikes a great balance between style and comfort, between convenience and sophistication and between economy and luxury.

We have found a hotel where corporate finds the bill acceptable, but where those of us traveling still feel appropriately pampered.

The Yaletown location is fantastic, too, near great running paths, shopping and restaurants.

iPads and smartphones for use throughout the city were a couple of the more unique and noteworthy features of this property.

The candy by the bed was an awesome, touch! :-)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have stayed at the Opus a number of times and it never fails to impress. From the newly redone rooms, to the bar and restaurant, and finally to the people who work there and the services that they provide (including Wi-Fi), it's first class and you won't be disappointed with your stay there.
As a side note, they also have a Cafe Artigiano in the lobby. This provides my favourite coffee in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side can catch a bit of street/club noise on the weekends.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joel R
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed last week for a few days and wish I never left! When renovations to my house began, the Opus was my top choice and I couldn't wait to check in. Having lived in Vancouver my whole life, I knew that Yaletown and the Opus was where I wanted to be. In my opinion, Yaletown is unequivocally the best neighborhood in Vancouver for a holiday given proximity to restaurants, nightlife, shopping - also, the sea wall is two blocks away and the Canada Line SkyTrain is just across the street. The hotel seemed to have been recently renovated and was very tastefully done. The room, staff and valet were all absolutely outstanding. The hotel is also home to La Pentola – one of the best Italian restaurants in Vancouver. Overall a fantastic “hometown holiday” and can’t wait to do another renovation so I can go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo